NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Noble Saber »

_JNavs_ wrote:Because I guess he feels like his customers would rather buy $150 Queen Aliens
Yes, they absolutely would. It's a re-release of an already popular figure not being sold in stores. They can afford to make something like that.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

2004Zilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Because I guess he feels like his customers would rather buy $150 Queen Aliens
Yes, they absolutely would. It's a re-release of an already popular figure not being sold in stores. They can afford to make something like that.
Talking about OG release. Still equally as appealing as King G.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Boom. He feels it "wouldn’t work for many of our key retailers and customers"

Because I guess he feels like his customers would rather buy $150 Queen Aliens and $50 Golden Girls :lol: :lol:
This second tweet does make it seem like a Ghidorah figure could be possible in the future.
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/10 ... 2424280064
"KG is absolutely not in our plans in the foreseeable future. If that changes we will let you guys know"

Idk his wording seems like the opposite of possible, More like a "okay guys here's the run down. We're not doing it, if we ever change our minds in the far future we'll let you know"
Sadly yeah. I meant to say that it might be possible, but not for a really long time. And also with this news everyone, probably including myself, are going to buy the SHMA Ghidorah, since that's really the only high-quality Ghidorah we are getting. Meaning that IF they ever come out with one, far fewer people will buy one, because why would people pay another $120-ish to get a second Ghidorah.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

burtmacklin
Ronin

Post by burtmacklin »

What a bunch of bs. Love how we find this out at Toy Fair. Why not just come out and say it before getting people hyped. All we got were rude and vague tweets.
Last edited by burtmacklin on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/10 ... 4660850688

Not a big fan of his response to this bc it feels a bit weird idk, but I guess it makes sense
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

burtmacklin
Ronin

Post by burtmacklin »

What an ass

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

_JNavs_ wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:
Fair, though the Queen was supposed to be $80-105 when it first released. Maybe Godzilla just hasn't sold well enough for them? I'm hoping the G62 shows just how wide of an interest the audience is for Godzilla, since I feel that's the first Neca release that fans have almost unanimously agreed on being the best figure of that suit.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: This second tweet does make it seem like a Ghidorah figure could be possible in the future.
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/10 ... 2424280064
"KG is absolutely not in our plans in the foreseeable future. If that changes we will let you guys know"

Idk his wording seems like the opposite of possible, More like a "okay guys here's the run down. We're not doing it, if we ever change our minds in the far future we'll let you know"
Sadly yeah. I meant to say that it might be possible, but not for a really long time. And also with this news everyone, probably including myself, are going to buy the SHMA Ghidorah, since that's really the only high-quality Ghidorah we are getting. Meaning that IF they ever come out with one, far fewer people will buy one, because why would people pay another $120-ish to get a second Ghidorah.
Yes this. Randy's known since the start that they'd lose those customers to SHMA because of this. He was willing to accept the loss since he has 3 other monsters that people will likely buy since they're much cheaper. Which equals more profit, less money out into a huge new figure, and now since everyone is going to go for SHMA, there'll be no incentive for NECA to release a Ghidorah in the far out future.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: "KG is absolutely not in our plans in the foreseeable future. If that changes we will let you guys know"

Yes this. Randy's known since the start that they'd lose those customers to SHMA because of this. He was willing to accept the loss since he has 3 other monsters that people will likely buy since they're much cheaper. Which equals more profit, less money out into a huge new figure, and now since everyone is going to go for SHMA, there'll be no incentive for NECA to release a Ghidorah in the far out future.
Yep, there is no point for them to make one now. Meaning we will never get a Ghidorah. This probably means that there will be a lot of monsters they won't do as well, because of the size thing.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

2004Zilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
2004Zilla wrote: Yes, they absolutely would. It's a re-release of an already popular figure not being sold in stores. They can afford to make something like that.
Fair, though the Queen was supposed to be $80-105 when it first released. Maybe Godzilla just hasn't sold well enough for them? I'm hoping the G62 shows just how wide of an interest the audience is for Godzilla, since I feel that's the first Neca release that fans have almost unanimously agreed on being the best figure of that suit.
The issue with that is while the fans may enjoy it, the GA won't care for it because it isn't "cool or modern enough". Guarantee the 2019 G sells like Hot Cakes. Godzilla hasn't sold well for them because they aren't pushing the license as much as they should. This is Godzilla but they're treating him like one of their lower tier licenses. Even Gremlins/Golden Girls/Bob Ross have gotten more of a push :lol:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Ah so Randy lied, got it. Good to know one of your main heads your company will literally tell sources that they are doing “all of them” then lie that he didn’t say that. Big fan of Neca but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
:terrestris:

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Havoks wrote:Ah so Randy lied, got it. Good to know one of your main heads your company will literally tell sources that they are doing “all of them” then lie that he didn’t say that. Big fan of Neca but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Yeah, this has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth too. To quote one of the responses to the agree to disagree tweet, "I wont say I'm not getting them if they don't make KG. I will say however that Mothra and Rodan don't scream "buy me on sight" anymore. I just gotta catch em all, or whats the point. #PokemonProblems"
Last edited by Gojira2K on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote:Ah so Randy lied, got it. Good to know one of your main heads your company will literally tell sources that they are doing “all of them” then lie that he didn’t say that. Big fan of Neca but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
This.

Remember

"Don't assume"

Even if he states it clearly.

:lol:

Added in 6 minutes 42 seconds:
Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira2K wrote: Sadly yeah. I meant to say that it might be possible, but not for a really long time. And also with this news everyone, probably including myself, are going to buy the SHMA Ghidorah, since that's really the only high-quality Ghidorah we are getting. Meaning that IF they ever come out with one, far fewer people will buy one, because why would people pay another $120-ish to get a second Ghidorah.
Yep, there is no point for them to make one now. Meaning we will never get a Ghidorah. This probably means that there will be a lot of monsters they won't do as well, because of the size thing.
So let's cross
Biollante
Destroyah
Bagan
Hedorah
Off our lists
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Gojira2K wrote:
Yeah, this has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth too. To quote one of the responses to the agree to disagree tweet, "I wont say I'm not getting them if they don't make KG. I will say however that Mothra and Rodan don't scream "buy me on sight" anymore. I just gotta catch em all, or whats the point. #PokemonProblems"
It’s just very odd to me, and now I’m seeing people defending Randy on Facebook. “It’s a comment made half a year ago”, “he’s finally excited about doing more monsters but now you want to crucify him for this”, “if you want a Ghidorah so bad, shell out for Bandai”. I do not care if it’s half a year ago, he represents the company, I don’t care if he’s excited, he REPRESENTS the company. Do not make claims if you’re not sure you’re going to put something out, don’t say “we are doing it” say “it’s possible we may do it, we will let you know in time”. It’s ridiculous, it really is and now my excitement went from “omg we’re getting the iconic Toho Quad from Neca!!!” to “ oh, well I guess I’ll get them but, not feeling the same without KG, not really excited anymore”. Pretty meh.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Havoks wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:
It’s just very odd to me, and now I’m seeing people defending Randy on Facebook. “It’s a comment made half a year ago”, “he’s finally excited about doing more monsters but now you want to crucify him for this”, “if you want a Ghidorah so bad, shell out for Bandai”. I do not care if it’s half a year ago, he represents the company, I don’t care if he’s excited, he REPRESENTS the company. Do not make claims if you’re not sure you’re going to put something out, don’t say “we are doing it” say “it’s possible we may do it, we will let you know in time”. It’s ridiculous, it really is and now my excitement went from “omg we’re getting the iconic Toho Quad from Neca!!!” to “ oh, well I guess I’ll get them but, not feeling the same without KG, not really excited anymore”. Pretty meh.
Time to bring out Benedict again:
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

What kaiju do you guys think are too niche for "customers and retailers"? I think everything other than the Big 5 are probably considered Niche by NECA standards.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

_JNavs_ wrote:
This.

Remember

"Don't assume"

Gojira2K wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Yes this. Randy's known since the start that they'd lose those customers to SHMA because of this. He was willing to accept the loss since he has 3 other monsters that people will likely buy since they're much cheaper. Which equals more profit, less money out into a huge new figure, and now since everyone is going to go for SHMA, there'll be no incentive for NECA to release a Ghidorah in the far out future.
So let's cross
Biollante
Destroyah
Bagan
Hedorah
Off our lists
So let’s count, hmmm
1. Godzilla
2. Mothra
3. Rodan
4. King...ehh...bio..hmm...spac....wait...jet...hold on.... Gigan?
5........?

burtmacklin
Ronin

Post by burtmacklin »

I just don’t get it. KG seems totally reasonable for a figure. Is he really that big??

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Biollante
Destroyah
Bagan
Hedorah
Off our lists
Which really sucks because I would have LOVED a NECA Biollante figure.
_JNavs_ wrote:What kaiju do you guys think are too niche for "customers and retailers"? I think everything other than the Big 5 are probably considered Niche by NECA standards.
Pretty much this. We could get a Anguirus or MechaGodzilla, though unlikely. I highly doubt we will get anything. Definitely not expecting any of the other Titans from KOTM either. Pretty much with this one decision they've made it clear that we will probably not be getting any other monsters and probably just different versions of Godzilla.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Havoks wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
This.

Remember

"Don't assume"

Gojira2K wrote: Yep, there is no point for them to make one now. Meaning we will never get a Ghidorah. This probably means that there will be a lot of monsters they won't do as well, because of the size thing.
So let's cross
Biollante
Destroyah
Bagan
Hedorah
Off our lists
So let’s count, hmmm
1. Godzilla
2. Mothra
3. Rodan
4. King...ehh...bio..hmm...spac....wait...jet...hold on.... Gigan?
5........?
Angui...errr..Mand...uhh...Vara?...hmm.. Baragon?