NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
B34sT
Interpol Agent

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by B34sT »

I like the rainbow variants of other Hedorah figures like the sofubis but who knows what monsters Neca has liscensed so far? For all we know it is probably just the big four from Kotm. Also I'm sure it would take a while before other monsters made their way into the line since I'm Sure Godzilla takes priority.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I'm curious as to what Godzilla suits are next on the list for NECA to do. I wouldn't mind seeing a '64 (It could have an emergence version as a repaint)

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I’d love for a Ghidorah 1964 repaint with blue scales and rainbow wings, ala poster version.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

This will never happen by ot made me laugh my brother said they could paint every Godzilla figure pink, change the spines and say it Gojirin.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I’m probably gonna pick up another Shin Godzilla today. I want a normal, Uncustomized version to go with my Frozen Custom and the upcoming Atomic Shin. I already have the ultimate Neca Shin Custom so I won’t feel the need to custom the new ones I get Image. Also. Anyone have ideas on what the hell I can do with this monstrosity?Image
Last edited by godzilla1541 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Damn, that 5th form looks really good, need more pics

I agree turn it into 3rd Form!

think you should buy another Shin and do a traditional Godzilla color scheme.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Considering the skinniness of the mold without the spines, maybe try and make the 3rd form?

RIP Evan.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

What are those white spots on Shin's feet? They aren't on the original figure and I can't quite tell what they're meant to be.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

GhidoGoji wrote:What are those white spots on Shin's feet? They aren't on the original figure and I can't quite tell what they're meant to be.
Extra toes. Something The Neca lacked. I’ll post closer photos soon.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Wow, that 5th form is badass!
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

godzilla1541 wrote:I’m probably gonna pick up another Shin Godzilla today. I want a normal, Uncustomized version to go with my Frozen Custom and the upcoming Atomic Shin. I already have the ultimate Neca Shin Custom so I won’t feel the need to custom the new ones I get Image. Also. Anyone have ideas on what the hell I can do with this monstrosity?Image
Sell it as the intermediary between form 3 and 4.

Added in 25 minutes 13 seconds:
godzilla1541 wrote:I’m probably gonna pick up another Shin Godzilla today. I want a normal, Uncustomized version to go with my Frozen Custom and the upcoming Atomic Shin. I already have the ultimate Neca Shin Custom so I won’t feel the need to custom the new ones I get Image. Also. Anyone have ideas on what the hell I can do with this monstrosity?Image
BTW, how did you do the ultimate custom's head?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Gonna post the Video Gallery’s so I don’t clog the thread with large photos. Humanoid custom:
And here is my Neca Shin Godzilla Overhaul.
There are some production photos in the beginning of each video. And comparison photos with my original Custom Shin in the Overhaul Video. Also for the majority of the Shin Overhaul Video, the extra tail segments weren’t attached and it had the original spines on. I swapped the spines with my original custom shin as the ones on my Overhaul had a QC issue that made them look mushy.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Didn’t expect it to dab...
#slatternking

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Absolutely fantastic!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

What mods did you do to the head/neck to get it more accurate? This area is my only real issue with the figure.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Confirmed that my nearest Target is carrying this line. They must be selling, too, because the only figure in stock was a lone Shin. Not a fan of the head on that figure, but was still nice to see one in the wild.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Can confirm my Target was selling them too along with a giant horde of Ultimate Jasons from F13, which is pretty cool to see.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I've been stalking my two local Targets up until yesterday and still not a single sign of anything. It's actually been really disappointing.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Image

What mods did you do to the head/neck to get it more accurate? This area is my only real issue with the figure.
Well I completely removed the jaw and head attachment entirely. I cut off everything from the seam line in the head down. Then I loosely attached the two bottom jaw parts to the neck and made a new Hole on the head for the ball joint that was positioned straight down instead of at an angle like it originally was. Then I made sure everything lined up correctly when the mouth was closed and I permanently attached the Bottom jaw to the neck.

PHRHD
Samurai

Post by PHRHD »

Ah man, it never even occurred to me to mod a Shin to be in his frozen form. That's a sick idea. My Targets are finally pretty loaded up with them, which makes me very happy. Gonna snatch up two Shin's this weekend, one for myself, and one as a prize. Might grab a third when I can to mod him.

It would also be interesting to mod a NECA Shin in his statue form, like over in Japan, right now. That could be fun to mess around with the paint for that.
Check out my Godzilla Fan Forum! Click the Banner Below! :D

Win a NECA Shin Godzilla Action Figure on Monarch Sciences!

Resized Image