Gashapon and Minigures and Vendors?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Gashapon and Minigures and Vendors?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hey, I wondering if anyone here knows of a good place to get the Godzilla Gashapon minifigures from. Ebay is good but I want a place that I can order a bunch without playing multiple shipments and if there a place I can get them for cheaper.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Re: Gashapon and Minigures and Vendors?

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Walmart, Target (If they ever have some), and comic shops.

All 10 (buy 12) of the Godzilla wizkids for $25.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Walmart, Target (If they ever have some), and comic shops.

... Those are not Gasaphons.

Anyway, E-Bay is your best bet, I believe. Where I usually go. Some sites like mandrake get them in from time to time.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Just type Godzilla hg on the eBay search box and you will see tons of sellers. Just stay with the sellers that have high reviews. Here's a couple of potentials that you may want to check out (I know the first one not only does combined shipping, but he is SUPER FAST and reliable, but I have not dealt with the other one so I wouldn't know):

http://www.ebay.com/usr/apsalus2

http://www.ebay.com/usr/drjdre

Hope that helps!

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

And DO NOT buy the ones from Hong kong. Only Japan and anywhere else except China.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:And DO NOT buy the ones from Hong kong. Only Japan and anywhere else except China.
Not all of the ones shipped from HK are bootlegs(and bootleg sets can pop up from other places too), but it is something you'd have to be careful with. I bought my Pacific Rim capsule figures from HK and they were legit.

I've had the best experiences buying complete older gashapon sets from other collectors through forums and such. But the days of Club Tokyo and Chibi Goji Toys are past us, so it's getting harder to find places outside of ebay.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

mikenes wrote:Just type Godzilla hg on the eBay search box and you will see tons of sellers. Just stay with the sellers that have high reviews. Here's a couple of potentials that you may want to check out (I know the first one not only does combined shipping, but he is SUPER FAST and reliable, but I have not dealt with the other one so I wouldn't know):

http://www.ebay.com/usr/apsalus2

http://www.ebay.com/usr/drjdre

Hope that helps!
This is actually very helpful! Thank you so much!

And in reply to Moguera I think I have some bootleg gashapon. I'll possibly post them in the buyer beware section. I'm not scared of bootlegs in that the more godzilla figures the better but I don't want to pay as much money as I would for the real thing.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I'm not scared of bootlegs in that the more godzilla figures the better but I don't want to pay as much money as I would for the real thing.
I'm not sure exactly which toys you're looking for, but here's my general advice on hunting for gashapons.

Know the actual name of the product. There's a bunch of different phrases for the toys being discussed. Some people call them gashapons, others call them candy or capsule toys, still more like to use the sub-line name such as "High Grade" or "Future Boom". The actual name isn't helpful if the seller doesn't know them by that name, but the name is incredibly useful when it comes to locating pictures on the internet. Clubtokyo.com's candy/capsule toy page is a great place to start on that journey.

Make a photo checklist of all the pieces you're looking for, and include a general description of the size of the figures, number of parts, etc etc in the set. Include if possible the packaging and original cost in yen. Keep the photos on your phone, or printed out and in your wallet. Showing a dealer the picture of the item you're looking for is far easier than trying to explain what it looks like and why it's not the one he has on display!

Make a trip to G-Fest, if possible. Speaking from experience, you'll pay considerably less for a miniature figure in the dealer's room there than you will on eBay. This is where that photo checklist comes in handy! The bad news is that the figures you're looking for will most likely be found in large bins, meaning you're be sorting through hundreds of loose items before you find something you're looking for. But you'll walk away paying less than $5 apiece for them.

Be prepared to buy a lot of figures, just to get the one or two you want. Sometimes you'll have trouble finding that one figure by itself. Finding the entire assortment is easier. If you don't mind getting extras, and if you find it at a good price, consider buying a whole set. Better still, re-sell the extras once you're scored your find.

Buy the "chase piece" first. We all know some pieces are going to be harder to find, especially if we're buying them one at a time instead of buying the whole assortment in one shot. My experienced advice is to make the chase piece your first purchase. Yes, that means holding off on purchasing the others until you've scored the chase piece. Buy the chase figure before you're invested in completing the set! Nothing will wreck your wallet and budget faster than that incomplete set mocking you into a bidding war over that hard-to-find last figure. It's far easier completing a set if you already own the harder ones.

Now that you've found what you're looking for, pay the man for his effort! Some poor soul managed to hang onto that tiny rubber figure's even tinier tailpiece, and for a decade not lose it in the carpet. He deserves some kind of reward for that kind of diligence! Sure, the figure probably sold for 50 cents when it was new, but that's not the point. The point is that someone kept all the pieces intact all this time and is willing to sell it to you for a couple of bucks extra. If you can afford it, he deserves his reward if nothing else than as a custodial fee.

FWIW, I collect Hyper and Proclamation figures myself, if that's of any help.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I've made an excel spreadsheet for tracking the different Godzilla and Gamera HG gashapons sets if you are interested. Also, I have a complete collection (except for a World Hobbyfest Space Gyaos) of every HG Godzilla and Gamera figure. If you have any questions about pieces, IDing bootlegs, or would like any comparisons pictures between originals and reissues, just shoot me a PM or post on the "Toy picture request" thread or any Gashapon threads.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Walmart, Target (If they ever have some), and comic shops.

lol, not Gashapons at all there.
Anyways, you can actually find quite a few legit ones on eBay for about $10 a pop usually. There's of course some bootlegs, but it's not real hard to tell them apart from legit ones. I only have Gigan though.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

crowzilla
Samurai

Post by crowzilla »

http://www.showcasedaikaiju.com

large selection of HG and mini figures, free shipping and cheaper than the ebay dealers.

OWNi
Samurai

Post by OWNi »

^Just ordered a Garu Garu SD from there, I'll make a note of how quickly it arrives.

Unfortunately I'll be forced onto Ebay at some point to get figures like Megalon.

EDIT: Figures came!

Got 1965 Gamera, Garu Garu, and Legion all at the same time.

My internal measurements must be off because they're a bit smaller than I expected. Also, I wasn't expecting them to be opened bottom hollow. I'm loving them all the same though.

EDIT2: Just double checked the ShowCasedKaiju package, they threw in a complementary King Ghidorah miniature. Its about an inch tall and made of soft rubber.

ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

Go to Ebay, but puch in "Gashapon Lot" I was able to find a whole bunch (15) of them in one shot new in the "eggs" with all the proper papers for under $50 shipped. This all of them on the bottom.