Bandai Real Action!

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Bandai Real Action!

Post by Kaijunator »

So I've heard of a KG but no info besides the fact that it walks, flaps its wings, and moves its necks. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Last edited by Kaijunator on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GojiGuy02
G-Force Personnel

Re: Bandai Real Action!

Post by GojiGuy02 »

I was gonna make a thread for this, but you beat me to it :P
Anyways, I'm sort of in the dark with these figures, but they were these self-moving figures that you could assemble. There were these parts and wires that you connected together to make a kind of endoskeleton which you put inside of this rubbery kaiju "suit". It moved on its own and from what I've seen, they're pretty cool.

So far, I know of HeiseiG (eBay ), GMK (eBay), G2K (eBay), HeseiKG (Not sure where), SpaceGodzilla (Not sure where), Destoroyah (eBay), etc.
The only videos I've seen of these guys are right here.

0:59 - End

A review of a G2K/GvMGRUS one (the figure in this video moved pretty poorly, however that's not the case with other G2K figs.)
Vatarian wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:
Vatarian wrote: Bullshit. Spacegodzilla stomps and you know it.
How does SpaceGodzilla stand any chance at all? It's obvious SpaceGodzilla is the victor here.
Prove it. Spacegodzilla's feats are MILES above Spacegodzilla's, and don't even try the "outlier" route.
Resized Image

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

When did they make these things anyway?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

They made '93 Godzilla, '54 Godzilla, '91 King Ghidorah, Space Godzilla, Burning Godzilla, Destroyah, GxM Godzilla and GMK Godzilla. They were all made between 1993 and 2001.

They were basically a smaller, poor man's version of the big Marui RC Godzilla figures. The interior skeletons were made of plastic and needed minor assembly. The hard part (and this is true of the RC figures too) was pulling the rubber skin over the skeleton. They're cute toys, but they don't age well, especially the rubber skins.

GojiGuy02
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojiGuy02 »

Legion1979 wrote:They made '93 Godzilla, '54 Godzilla, '91 King Ghidorah, Space Godzilla, Burning Godzilla, Destroyah, GxM Godzilla and GMK Godzilla. They were all made between 1993 and 2001.

They were basically a smaller, poor man's version of the big Marui RC Godzilla figures. The interior skeletons were made of plastic and needed minor assembly. The hard part (and this is true of the RC figures too) was pulling the rubber skin over the skeleton. They're cute toys, but they don't age well, especially the rubber skins.
Ah, so I got the '93 Goji.
Are they any good and if they aren't, what would be a good alternative?
Vatarian wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:
How does SpaceGodzilla stand any chance at all? It's obvious SpaceGodzilla is the victor here.
Prove it. Spacegodzilla's feats are MILES above Spacegodzilla's, and don't even try the "outlier" route.
Resized Image

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Legion1979 wrote:They made '93 Godzilla, '54 Godzilla, '91 King Ghidorah, Space Godzilla, Burning Godzilla, Destroyah, GxM Godzilla and GMK Godzilla. They were all made between 1993 and 2001.

Ah, suit-rot. Gotcha.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GojiGuy02 wrote: Ah, so I got the '93 Goji.
They're like those old rubber remote control dinosaurs you would get at Toys R Us, except a bit higher in motor quality and made in Japan.

GojiGuy02
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojiGuy02 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
GojiGuy02 wrote: Ah, so I got the '93 Goji.
They're like those old rubber remote control dinosaurs you would get at Toys R Us, except a bit higher in motor quality and made in Japan.
Yeah, '93 Goji's shipping to me as we speak.
From the recent pictures I've seen, suit rot hasn't taken its toll yet. Hope it's the same with my figure :S
Vatarian wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:
Resized Image

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

I have the Bandai real action King Ghidorah, and it's the only game in town for a walking, flapping Ghidorah. The trendmasters walking Ghidorah pales in comparison, it had no neck movement. It also looked silly to me, the Bandai one could pass for a statue except for the seams. I bought a real action walking 2001 purple spikes Godzilla and that soured me on the line. I prefer pre-built Bandai walking toys.

An alternative would be the "Heat Walking Godzilla". It's was made by Bandai, and was pre-built. You connect the tail, put in batteries, and flip a switch to get it going. Over time the chest was supposed to turn orange for a burning effect. I never left mine on long enough for that to happen. It walked, open and closed it's mouth. I loved the roar. You can find it sometimes on ebay. I also have the walking Super Destroyah and Space Godzilla. These two I hunted for online and got them from overseas online shops years ago. The shop links don't work anymore. I've noticed recently going back to links where I bought "G' items, that a lot of them are no longer active. One other walking Bandai item I have is Gamera 95. It walks, opens and closes it's mouth, roars, in it's mouth is a red light. I got Gamera off ebay for $40 in the early 2000's, I was lucky and no one else bid on it.

My favorite Godzilla toy is the 2001 GMK DX remote controlled Godzilla, it had a controller shaped like a building(Not Maui RC). It worked like the RC T-Rex toy. It had movement, the roar and the stomping sound. There's currently one on ebay, but he only has pics of the box. I would want pics of the actual item and want to know full working conditions.

Hope you will find something that you want.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

I want
the Destroyah rc
The 1994 Godzilla which I believe is rc
2001 Godzilla
Spacegodzilla which I also believe is rc
And maybe king Ghidorah
I would like GMK too.

Does anyone know where I can find the heat walk figure?
This is the beginning of the end.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:I want
the Destroyah rc
The 1994 Godzilla which I believe is rc
2001 Godzilla
Spacegodzilla which I also believe is rc
And maybe king Ghidorah
I would like GMK too.

Does anyone know where I can find the heat walk figure?
I forgot to mention on the heat walk Godzilla the arms is just hollow rubber. I guess they did that to make the arms move a little as it walked.

I just googled heat walk Godzilla and got a few links.

http://www.animegametoys.com/product/115

http://www.monsterislandtoys.com/index. ... lter_id=66

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

So do you guys where I can also get the Super Walk Destroyah too. Thank you for the heat walker.
And I am real interested in the 1994 one.
This is the beginning of the end.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

I'm not the biggest fan of these figures really. I mean they're really cool and all but it's functionality is totally based on you're ability to put together the endoskeleton. I got the GxMegs figure and it never really walked too well and the roar just didn't sound good at all it pretty much had the wounded Godzilla roar from the 70's films so I was kinda disappointed with that figure and it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. The endoskeleton also seems rather flimsy. When trying to get it in the suit I wouldn't be surprised if something broke off or got moved out of place, I tried to take it out once to fix it if I could and the head part and arm parts weren't coming with so I left it alone and now it's just sitting in my collection as a normal toy.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:So do you guys where I can also get the Super Walk Destroyah too. Thank you for the heat walker.
And I am real interested in the 1994 one.
Current link for a Super Walk Destroyah Toy Shop Link.
Godzilla Big Walking Destroyah (b/o) Toy Bandai $ 175.00
http://www.kimonomyhousetoys.com/shop.cgi

2012 link for a Super Walk Destroyah. Make sure to ask whether his wings still flaps or not.
Bandai SuperWalk Destroyah with Box! Figure in good condition, still walks and roars. All pieces included. Box has some shelf wear. Being sold for $45. Buyer agrees to pay shipping (shipping not included in price).
https://kaijufanmarketplace.wordpress.c ... -with-box/