What Figure Would You Save

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

What Figure Would You Save

Post by g2vd »

As the title says, what figure would you save if you could only save one from your collection.
Godzilla

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Re: What Figure Would You Save

Post by Mr. Xeno »

You have to provide a scenario first. WHY am I only able to save one figure? Am I stranded on a desert island? Am I moving away to University? Am I broke and in desperate need of cash? What's the deal?

If it's the first situation, then probably the NECA 12", because it would make an excellent club to beat the shit out of wild animals and island savages that are trying to attack me.

If it's the second situation, then probably my 9" GMK vinyl. Great representation of a great design from one of my favorite installments in the franchise.

If it's the third situation, then probably my BC First Godzilla. It wouldn't be worth as much money as most of my other figures, but I still love it to death.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

You can make any scenario.
Godzilla

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

g2vd wrote:As the title says, what figure would you save if you could only save one from your collection.
Great idea for a thread!

I'm having trouble deciding between three figures, each for very different reasons. In the end, I think I would go with the 8" 1991 "closed mouth" Godzilla. It has huge nostalgia appeal for me as it was the first Bandai figure I ever bought. Twenty-three years later, it still stands out as IMO the best Heisei figure that Bandai has ever put out.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Dammit. Got two >_<.

Either the GD-45 Kiryu or the SHMA Biollante. Crap ...

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

g2vd wrote:You can make any scenario.
In that case, my scenario is that I'm simply moving them from one side of the room to the other, as I can't pick just one for much longer than a few minutes!
I'd move over SHMA Destoroyah first. Love that guy.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GhidoGoji wrote:
In that case, my scenario is that I'm simply moving them from one side of the room to the other, as I can't pick just one for much longer than a few minutes!
At which point a huge sinkhole opens up almost but not fully underneath your house. The sinkhole proceeds to swallow the side of the room you just left, taking (almost) your entire collection down with the rest of your room & house.
GhidoGoji wrote: I'd move over SHMA Destoroyah first. Love that guy.
And he loves you back for saving him!

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

For me it would probably be the X-Plus Biollante or the Gigantic Series Burning Godzilla. :huge:

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

G1985 wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:
At which point a huge sinkhole opens up almost but not fully underneath your house. The sinkhole proceeds to swallow the side of the room you just left, taking (almost) your entire collection down with the rest of your room & house.
GhidoGoji wrote: I'd move over SHMA Destoroyah first. Love that guy.
And he loves you back for saving him!
Of course he does. They all love me.... :twisted:
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GIGAN05 wrote:Dammit. Got two >_<.

I thought you would put Q or Rhedosaurus on there as well. Color me surprised.

Though call. Especially after obtaining another one of my holy grail figures, that kinda shuffle things about. I would have to say in any scenario the Bandai Grand King Ghidorah. To gorgeous to let anything happen to it in any scenario.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

SpaceG92 wrote:
GIGAN05 wrote:Dammit. Got two >_<.

I thought you would put Q or Rhedosaurus on there as well. Color me surprised.

Dammit you made it worse! XD.

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Difficult question. Y'know it's not a Toho figure, but I'd save my TLW Bull T.Rex. It's one of my most cherished possessions from my childhood.
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

The one that would net me the most cash if I had to sell it, which would be the Bullmark original Mechagodzilla.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

My gold Pilot Ace Ghidorah.

XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Not necessarily Godzilla related, but if I had to save one figure, it would have to be Bandai's original Pandon figure. Such a beautiful sculpt of an otherwise obscure character. You don't know how much effort it took to get this guy…

Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ouch. I... guess I'd probably have to go with the BD Knifehead. He's in better shape than my old TrendMasters figures, and isn't a GFW character, unlike my Ultimate Monsters figures. Though those are beautiful toys, nonetheless... That's a hard call.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

My NECA 24" Godzilla. That's the first Godzilla figure I've bought for myself, it's my favourite design, it's impressive enough that I enjoy just looking at it, and it's already the only thing continuously displayed on my shelf.

That isn't to say that I wouldn't try to save my other figures. I'm certain that I'd be able to carry most of them in a pinch.
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

If we're just talking about Godzilla stuff, I would probably save my Atomic Roar Godzilla, solely because it's the biggest Godzilla figure I've ever owned if I only have one Godzilla, I want it to tower over all my other non-kaiju toys instead of blending in.

If I'm losing ALL my toys though, I'd probably keep my NECA 6 inch Godzilla.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

The one figure I would save from my collection would be my S.H. Monster Arts Adult Godzilla Jr.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'd rather die with my collection.

But seriously, I'd probably save my 10" Trendmasters Godzilla. I can at least save the toy of my childhood :lol:
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns