Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by ApexOversteer »

MM Raids Again wrote:I'm crossing my fingers for a Gigantic '68 or '74 Godzilla. I've long decided that either one of those would be a Gigantic I'd bite the bullet for.
Yeah, I want a Gigantic Megalon... and a Gamera '96... and a '64 Mothra... but I'm greedy.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

ApexOversteer wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:I'm crossing my fingers for a Gigantic '68 or '74 Godzilla. I've long decided that either one of those would be a Gigantic I'd bite the bullet for.
Yeah, I want a Gigantic Megalon... and a Gamera '96... and a '64 Mothra... but I'm greedy.
I'd LOVE to get more than one or two Gigantics, but I'm afraid I just don't have the room. I don't even think I have the room for one, but its just something I'd like to have in my collection. I was eyeballing a Gigantic G'19 for a lil while before deciding against it. With this just being a one and done type of figure, I want a Godzilla I really like but don't have too much of, and that's '68 and '74.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A 1984 Godzilla is the only other Gigantic I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Except maybe a 91.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Finally a sculpted Irys. Probably be unveiled painted at Winter Wonder Festival. I just worry about him breaking in transit like Destoroyah and Ghidorah 68 were guilty of.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Ok, I can skip the SpaceGoji Deforeal, but the other two are must-gets... Looks like we'll have to install the tentacles on Irys. We should have gotten that figure in '19, for the 20th Anniversary...

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Now I want a Little Godzilla Deforeal.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

That DefoReal SpaceG looks GREAT :D Tempted to actually pick him up. And of course Iris looks spectacular.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Oh heck. Definitely getting that space g. And likely the Irys. Really didn't want to open that floodgate but here we go... Maybe the ric could include a little tower he can grab like in the poster and look like a wizard staff.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

My guess is Ric Irys will come with either a light up feature, a baby Irys, or even an Irys talisman.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

HD pictures of new stuff:
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

This Iris dude looks straight out of Final Fantasy summoning haha, but man I want a Gigantic Space Goji so bad.

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

Any speculation on how much Iris is gonna cost and when it’s gonna come out?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

SaiyanRider54 wrote:Any speculation on how much Iris is gonna cost and when it’s gonna come out?

Well, it's going to be big...

The standard Gammy was ¥14,300/$130... but I'd expect the much larger, and more complex Irys to be priced more like the 25cm Hedorah or the 25cm Shin which were both ¥20,350/$186... hopefully not as pricey as the 25cm Space Godzilla, which was ¥22,000/$200...

We won't go into the really, REALLY big expensive 25cm series figures like the Destoroyah, or the many Ghidorahs...

As for when it's going to come out... I'd like to see the painted prototype for SummerWonder Festival on July 26th, with the pre-order shortly after, for an early autumn delivery, say October.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

Well, I’m not going to G-Fest this year so I’ll probably go for it even if it’s $200. Hopefully X-Plus doesn’t surprise me with any other must buys in the meantime. As great as the deforeals are, I can pass on most of them.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I'm heading to g-fest. Hopefully i can find some deforeal's. Like Hedorah regular version, maybe Zilla98, or maybe GMK or 84Goji.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Pre-Orders have opened for the DefoReal SpaceGodzilla, in both Standard and RIC versions!

Hobby Search has the Standard figure priced at ¥7200 ( ¥1600 discount!)/$65.35 at current exchange rate, with shipping expected to be the same as the RIC shipping, at ~$45.

The RIC version, with light up shoulder crystals, eyes and forehead horn, is priced through the RIC site at ¥10,000/$93.00, with the shipping at $43 at the current exchange rate today.

Get him while he's hot! The RIC might sell out, so if you want it... get it now...

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

I finally gave in for the deforeal space g. He just looks too cool.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

So you bought the Gigantic G'19, and you're dreaming of a KOTM Ghidorah in scale with it... well, as your mother told you, careful what you wish for... it's not X-Plus, but it's vinyl, it exists and it's absolutely MUH-HOOOO-SIVE... the Spiral Studios KOTM Ghidorah is up for Pre-Order at Heroes-Collectibles and BBTS... 3 feet tall, 4.5 feet across the wingspan, 2.5 feet nose to tail... ~$1,175 + $390/sh to the US from Heroes-Collectibles... $1,799 from BBTS... but, if you want one, there it is.

At Heroes-Collectibles: https://heroes-collectibles.com/collect ... e-monsters

At BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/113964
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

ApexOversteer wrote:So you bought the Gigantic G'19, and you're dreaming of a KOTM Ghidorah in scale with it... well, as your mother told you, careful what you wish for... it's not X-Plus, but it's vinyl, it exists and it's absolutely MUH-HOOOO-SIVE... the Spiral Studios KOTM Ghidorah is up for Pre-Order at Heroes-Collectibles and BBTS... 3 feet tall, 4.5 feet across the wingspan, 2.5 feet nose to tail... ~$1,175 + $390/sh to the US from Heroes-Collectibles... $1,799 from BBTS... but, if you want one, there it is.
I took a couple pics to give people an idea of the size of this thing. This is my kaiyodo 1989 Goji next to a couple monster arts. It stands 40 inches tall and 60 inches long. It's a bit bigger than the ghidorah but ghidorah will be tall across its entire wingspan.

And this is next to my gigantic series Shin.
Just at the neck should be the 36 inches, roughly. Not to mention Ghidorah will have some serious depth to him with the tails. If you want to get this thing make sure you have a spot in mind. He will eat some real estate. It will be wider than most televisions.