Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by nekromantik »

ApexOversteer wrote:RIC site has the Mothra'19 for $97.53...

https://us.ric-toy.com/pdms03r-wld.html

Pretty sure the 25cm Gamera '99 reissue is a RIC Exclusive, and there won't be a standard version of the battle damage Gammy...

... AND WHERE THE HELL IS THE FRIGGIN' IRIS THEY TEASED OVER A YEAR AGO?!?
If you in US I think overall with shipping Awesome Collector is only $8 more.
For those in Europe AC and Flossie is only options.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Anyone know where I can get a statue(painted)or vinyl of King King from the 1962 film that’s comparable to xplus? I’m just about tired of waiting for a xplus figure of him and want to treat myself this Christmas.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Cookson wrote:Anyone know where I can get a statue(painted)or vinyl of King King from the 1962 film that’s comparable to xplus? I’m just about tired of waiting for a xplus figure of him and want to treat myself this Christmas.
I think the only real option close to X-Plus in stature and quality is the recent RotoKaiju "Giant Gorilla" soft vinyl model kit... and I *think* it's pretty much sold out and it was pretty spendy in the first place...

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

What the heck? I just checked the USA X-Plus Ric site and the new re-release for Shin Godzilla 4th form is sold out? What!? I thought they said the pre-order period lasts until December 25th? Arent preorders taken on the ric site made to order? Thats how the Goodsmile Company website operates....

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Sachiel wrote:What the heck? I just checked the USA X-Plus Ric site and the new re-release for Shin Godzilla 4th form is sold out? What!? I thought they said the pre-order period lasts until December 25th? Arent preorders taken on the ric site made to order? Thats how the Goodsmile Company website operates....
Yeah, X-Plus sets a production run for the RICs, and then sets the pre-order period, with the idea that the pre-order window should close just as the production run is sold out. From what I understand, any leftovers are then sold at the various conventions and toy shows at the X-Plus booth.

In some cases, an item will be much more popular than X-Plus expected, the Yuji Sakai 1995 Burning Godzilla RIC version for instance. The 30-day pre-order window for that sold out within 4 days. X-Plus then decided to do a second run of the figure in RIC form, and the pre-order for that lasted about a week. In the end, pre-orders for that figure closed two weeks early, despite two runs.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

anyone else getting the RIC Mothra?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

nekromantik wrote:anyone else getting the RIC Mothra?
I went for the clear Shin myself...

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

ApexOversteer wrote:
nekromantik wrote:anyone else getting the RIC Mothra?
I went for the clear Shin myself...
Shin does look good but I got a soft spot for the Mothra from KOTM! haha

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

I got a notification from the Ric USA store that the Ric gigantic 2019 are starting to ship. I am truly excited now.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Steel Hellkite wrote:I got a notification from the Ric USA store that the Ric gigantic 2019 are starting to ship. I am truly excited now.
I know a few people got notices and then it arrived the same day. RIC US site is kind of funky with getting shipping notices out
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Just added the 30cm '66 Barugon to the collection...

Love it! We need some more Gamera stuff in 30cm...

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Steel Hellkite wrote:I got a notification from the Ric USA store that the Ric gigantic 2019 are starting to ship. I am truly excited now.
Are you gonna post a video review of it by any chance? If not can we expect some high res photos :D ?

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

ultrazilla wrote:
Are you gonna post a video review of it by any chance? If not can we expect some high res photos :D ?
I will definitely get some pictures shortly. It showed up today and the leg was broken off of it. Little bit of model glue fixed it right up though. The spines are folded over a bit excessively, and gaps in the tail segments are pretty rediculous. That may largely be due to softer translucent material though. Of all my xplus figures it's certainly the most fixing I've had to do to one upon arrival. That said it is very impressive to look at. The blue highlights really pop with dimmer lighting. Brighter light pretty much overwhelms the effect though. However, the spines. Holy moly the spines. They are gorgeous. This is the best representation of the on screen appearance I've seen in physical form. I do kind of wish the wash they did on the ric was darker though. It looks exactly the same to me as the standard. While that is an incredible look, I think it's best on the standard form. This one should have been darker to further accentuate the blue highlights.

Added in 6 hours 54 minutes 45 seconds:
Sorry for the wait, but here we go. This was what greeted me out of the box.
However, with a light application of some Zap! we were as good as new. These are from around noon.
And these are after sundown. It looks wonderful in lower light.
If anybody has requests for any kaiju figures next to it for comparison, just ask. The thing really is a lot of fun to look at.

Added in 15 minutes 5 seconds:
Also, because I recently learned how to do stupid things with my phone, may I present the X Plus 2019 gigantic series burning Godzilla Toho Kingdom exclusive preview picture! :lol:

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Very beautiful looking figure Steel Hellkite and thanks for sharing! Man this is like the second time I've seen someone's Gigantic G19's leg pop off from unboxing, X-Plus should really double down on their quality control. But nonetheless, I reckon the figure looks the best in dim light for a high contrast tone in your fourth and fifth shot, the blue fins pop out a lot more that way. Let's have some more outdoor shots with natural lighting if you can :), also do you have the Standard too? Would be greatly appreciated if you do a side by side comparison, cheers!.
Did some of my own photography today and boy did Godzilla find his old friend back.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Hobby Search still has them in stock for those still hoping to get one.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Sorry, I don't have the standard. The weather was actually ok today so I got some pics. Only 2 came out though.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Hobby Search still has them in stock for those still hoping to get one.
SHHHHHHHH! Hush! Zip It! Some of us are TRYING to ignore that fact.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Hobby Search still has them in stock for those still hoping to get one.
... and if you want the RIC, email Jason over at Awesome Collector, it looks like he still has spots left...

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Steel Hellkite wrote:Sorry, I don't have the standard. The weather was actually ok today so I got some pics. Only 2 came out though.
Thanks for the photos, they're beautiful. Man I so want a Ric now, the more I see their pics the more I want it. Such a shame they only do limited amount of units :( .
ApexOversteer wrote:
... and if you want the RIC, email Jason over at Awesome Collector, it looks like he still has spots left...
I already messaged him, but he said he's not sure if he's guaranteed to get more in, but yeah he'll let me know if he gets stock.
Last edited by ultrazilla on Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

X-Plus '33 Tyrannosaurus vinyl from my son for Christmas. Now I have the complete set along with the individual boxed '33 Kong.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!