Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by nekromantik »

Which is the best version of Mothra to get from xplus?
Dont want to spend too much though. Like under $500

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

nekromantik wrote:Which is the best version of Mothra to get from xplus?
May want to consider waiting until the Deforeal 2019 is released, then.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Maritonic wrote:
nekromantik wrote:Which is the best version of Mothra to get from xplus?
May want to consider waiting until the Deforeal 2019 is released, then.
Not a fan of the Deforeal as they are too stylised.
I got the NECA 19 version but want rainbow mothra if I can get it for cheap!
Or will settle for any of the Heisi versions.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

X-Plus has never done a Toho Kong, have they?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

ultrazilla wrote:I'm already pretty content with the Normal version, I tend to prefer Godzilla in its normal state because it's more natural and more representative of its look in general but that's just me. I kinda hope the Ric would have a slightly or completely different pose if I'm ever considering double dipping. Simply recoloring with an open mouth just wont do for me if it's another $700.
I have a feeling the RIC for the Gigantic G'19 might be the "Burning/Meltdown" version... otherwise, I can't figure out why they'd leave the RIC release completely off until a later date.

Interestingly, I believe that they're not intending Western collectors to buy the standard from Japanese sources. They're expecting us to wait until Famous Monsters begins their distributorship, which is why I believe they chose to show the standard G'19 as the showcase figure when they announced the Famous Monsters distribution deal. Then when the RIC release happens later, we'll be able to access that through the US RIC site.

Added in 5 minutes 8 seconds:

KingKaiju wrote:X-Plus has never done a Toho Kong, have they?
Nope, and probably never will...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

ApexOversteer wrote:
Fuckin messy ass rights...

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

Anyone have the “inside scoop” when Famous Monsters is going to start their distribution of X-Plus in the US?

I hope we might see the X-Plus figures that were canceled at the beginning of the year be offered again with this new distribution deal with Famous Monsters. I also wonder if the only way of purchasing X-Plus products will be through Famous Monsters?
Last edited by Daikaiju Dust? on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickles & Biscuits!

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

ApexOversteer wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:I'm already pretty content with the Normal version, I tend to prefer Godzilla in its normal state because it's more natural and more representative of its look in general but that's just me. I kinda hope the Ric would have a slightly or completely different pose if I'm ever considering double dipping. Simply recoloring with an open mouth just wont do for me if it's another $700.
I have a feeling the RIC for the Gigantic G'19 might be the "Burning/Meltdown" version... otherwise, I can't figure out why they'd leave the RIC release completely off until a later date.

Interestingly, I believe that they're not intending Western collectors to buy the standard from Japanese sources. They're expecting us to wait until Famous Monsters begins their distributorship, which is why I believe they chose to show the standard G'19 as the showcase figure when they announced the Famous Monsters distribution deal. Then when the RIC release happens later, we'll be able to access that through the US RIC site.

Added in 5 minutes 8 seconds:

If the Ric is Fire Godzilla then that'll definitely peak my interest, I do need a burning version Goji in my collection. Lucky Americans tho, we Aussies still have to import directly from Japan stores or Ebay.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

ApexOversteer wrote:

So, hold up: will the distribution deal make it cheaper for us to buy these figures?
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A little yeah. You don't have to pay international shipping or price gouging by American dealers.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Well I hope they ship to the UK from Famous Monsters if the prices are cheaper for us in Europe to import.
Rather then ebay or from Japan.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Daikaiju Dust? wrote:Anyone have the “inside scoop” when Famous Monsters is going to start their distribution of X-Plus in the US?

I hope we might see the X-Plus figures that were canceled at the beginning of the year be offered again with this new distribution deal with Famous Monsters. I also wonder if the only way of purchasing X-Plus products will be through Famous Monsters?
I had noticed that when the Diamond Deal died, and the US RIC site opened, immediately they did a 25cm King Ceasar reissue, and then shortly after announced the 25cm Night Paint Gigan reissue, and then 25cm '75 MechaGodzilla reissue. I wondered then if we were going to see an increase in RIC only reissues, kind of aimed at the US site, to replace the Diamond Reissues.

I'm giving a little prayer at my shrine each morning, that X-Plus and Famous Monsters will be picking up where Diamond left off, especially regarding the Gigantics. When the Diamond deal died, I was patiently waiting for reissues of the Gigantic '54, '64 and Shin... Hopefully now we're be able to catch up...

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

Added in 20 minutes 1 second:
Daikaiju Dust? wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:
Daikaiju Dust? wrote:Anyone have the “inside scoop” when Famous Monsters is going to start their distribution of X-Plus in the US?

I had noticed that when the Diamond Deal died, and the US RIC site opened, immediately they did a 25cm King Ceasar reissue, and then shortly after announced the 25cm Night Paint Gigan reissue, and then 25cm '75 MechaGodzilla reissue. I wondered then if we were going to see an increase in RIC only reissues, kind of aimed at the US site, to replace the Diamond Reissues.

I'm giving a little prayer at my shrine each morning, that X-Plus and Famous Monsters will be picking up where Diamond left off, especially regarding the Gigantics. When the Diamond deal died, I was patiently waiting for reissues of the Gigantic '54, '64 and Shin... Hopefully now we're be able to catch up...
I held off getting the Gigantic Shin too because I figured Diamond was going to do a reissue, so I’m with you & hope Famous Monsters & X-Plus pick up where the Diamond deal left off. Plus, I hope I can get the Toho Large Series Megalon that was cancelled in February!

I do really like having the US Ric site now, with them releasing a 1957 Mogera made me very happy, plus the two others figures I have on preorder.

Plex must see the secondary/grey market & the demand that there is and the huge amount of cash that is being left on the table that they are missing out on.
Last edited by Daikaiju Dust? on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickles & Biscuits!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I almost wonder if Famous Monsters isn't intending to have their distributorship going by November/December... so they could potentially piggyback their first release on the Gigantic G'19 in Japan... I wonder if that's why no RIC at that time, because they'll be producing for the FM Distro too...

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

Hoping they reissue the 54 and Shin, really sucks I missed out on those.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well it's Summer Wonder Festival weekend! Probably get some reveals dropping late tonight.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

First pics I've found on Twitter... courtesy of @v2ab29 on Twitter...

DefoReal Destoroyah...

DefoReal KOTM King Ghidorah...

The RIC Gigantic G'19, I assume...

DefoReal MonoChrome '55 Godzilla and Anguiris...

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Anguiris Giving that side eye...
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Angilas & G55 Deforeals! Love it
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I agree, that 1955 is a beaut!
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting