Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Legion1979 »

That's cheap. How are you having it shipped?

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Have any besides Mr. Fresh Vinyl's had issues? Hopefully it's an isolated incident...
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Jomei wrote:Have any besides Mr. Fresh Vinyl's had issues? Hopefully it's an isolated incident...
Yeah, Bob Eggleton's figure had the exact same problem.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Legion1979 wrote:
Jomei wrote:Have any besides Mr. Fresh Vinyl's had issues? Hopefully it's an isolated incident...
Yeah, Bob Eggleton's figure had the exact same problem.
X-Plus made sure to botch figures going to some pretty influential people, then. lol
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Someone over at Sci Fi Japan got one and it arrived in good order. Hopefully it's an isolated incident.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Wonder if this broken middle neck stuff is a hint to a Heisei Ghiddy.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Mine just arrived. Nothing warped or broken thank God. All to assemble is the wings which I tediously installed without trying to crack the plastic. Ghidorah feels like heavy vinyl but the wings are of resin type.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

They went pretty dark on the hair
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

Happy New Year from X-plus ...................................... :mad:
AmiAMi is not at fault here, pretty fast shipping, and the box was undamaged.

My sincere thanks goes to X-plus.
F@**ing unacceptable design and packaging.

The 2nd missing metal rod from the middle neck is loose inside the neck and impossible to get without mod.
And for those thinking about reselling this dude on eBay, well good luck and pray for a super smooth transport.

Mine is going back to Japan hopefully

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Kaijunator wrote:Wonder if this broken middle neck stuff is a hint to a Heisei Ghiddy.
Your're joking, right?
ILL GREEN wrote:Mine just arrived. Nothing warped or broken thank God. All to assemble is the wings which I tediously installed without trying to crack the plastic. Ghidorah feels like heavy vinyl but the wings are of resin type.

https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images ... 00x600.jpg

https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images ... 00x600.jpg

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images ... 00x600.jpg

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images ... 00x600.jpg
Woah. That's so cool. Beautiful figure, just awesome.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

ILL GREEN wrote:Ghidorah feels like heavy vinyl but the wings are of resin type.
The wings are made of abs. The rest is pvc.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

My G'55 shipped from EE. Should be getting that tomorrow or Fri. Had to order the G'03 from Amazon. Luckily they lowered the price and I had a $25 gift card to use up.

Waiting for that G'14 preorder.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Godzilla21 wrote:They went pretty dark on the hair
I kinda dig the Jackson 5 look :lol:
Kaiju no Mura wrote:
ILL GREEN wrote:Ghidorah feels like heavy vinyl but the wings are of resin type.
The wings are made of abs. The rest is pvc.
I should have said felt like resin. But yeah, feels like resin with a sandy filler.

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

And I'm STILL waiting on WTF is going on. Completely UNACCEPTABLE customer service and HLJ will know this.

Still absolutely no idea whats going on.

Also^ yeah, that's not resin. If it were it would have shattered and or broken differently. Resin that you would use to create that kind of detailing is very fragile like glass (which is obvious). It would have to be a type of rubber or vinyl to keep shape, detail and durability like that. I'm sorry your KG got broke though :( At least I haven't paid yet for a broken product, never like that feeling. The plus is it shouldn't be too hard to fix since it broke a reasonable way.
Last edited by Derpzilla on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Derpzilla wrote:And I'm STILL waiting on WTF is going on. Completely UNACCEPTABLE customer service and HLJ will know this. F**king joke. Buncha slackers.

Still absolutely no idea whats going on.

Again, if they're on holiday... you're not gonna get anything until they're back in the office. It's a holiday, it's acceptable. You and about half of everyone else who ordered would be waiting. Wait to freak out once you get confirmation you're SOL.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

^what, a Japanese hobby shop isn't required to respond to foreign inquiries about their monster toys on the biggest Japanese holiday of the year? But... muh freedom!

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Steph3dfx wrote:Happy New Year from X-plus ...................................... :mad:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t54 ... 11879c.jpg

The 2nd missing metal rod from the middle neck is loose inside the neck and impossible to get without mod.
And for those thinking about reselling this dude on eBay, well good luck and pray for a super smooth transport.

Jesus Christ, that's horrible!
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Steph3dfx wrote:Happy New Year from X-plus ...................................... :mad:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t54 ... 11879c.jpg

OMG, that really sucks. :( Sorry you've had to go through this kind of mess. Seems that there are some serious QC issues that Xplus needs to address with KG...if the 25cm is having these kinds of problems, imagine what QC issues a potential 30 CM figure would have.

Overall, I've seen many people declaring this as the supposed "definitive KG figure", sorry, but I'm just not seeing it. Not a fan of the neck poses, and the wings seem to be a cross between the 64 and 68 versions...it's as if X plus couldn't make up their mind of which version they wanted to go with. The hair on the necks seems a tad too dark as well and looks odd at angles (and I've seen this figure up close and personal several times recently in Akihabara, so it's not just "camera/lighting" that I'm basing this opinion on). Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice figure overall, but imo the GigaBrain KG is still the one to beat terms of just nailing the spirit and essence of the character...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

I wanted KG, but the sheer amount of issues plastered all over facebook have made me reconsider it. A perfect KG looks awesome. A broken figure would infuriate me. So far I've seen snapped necks, wing issues (not being a snug fit), broken horns, and broken legs....it's bad. And it's about 50/50 for those who got good figures and those who got broken ones. Ok, maybe it's 60/40 but either way that is terrible.

Yeah, I may just pass on him.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

Yeah ok I admit I was having a darn bad day when I wrote that rant last post >_>

And that's not good hearing about all these issues with the figure :/ Did they rush them out? Or just a process of not having done this before with this kind of cast? I did notice that some of the diamond reissue godzillas weren't perfect since both mine have incorrectly placed seams. But it's minor at most.