Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by canofhumdingers »

Darth Kiryu wrote:Yuji Sakai Kiryugoji. THE figure I've been waiting for, and there's a high chance I'll be forced to skip it.
I don’t know your personal situation, but if it really is THE grail figure you’ve always wanted, I’d encourage you to find a way to get it before it’s gone. I felt that way about the Hot Toys 1/6 ESB Darth Vader figure. It was way out of my price range at the time but I resolved to preorder it as soon as it was available and then I went to work selling items from my collection on eBay to fund the purchase. It was a lot of work but it was well worth it. It felt really good to prune my collection of things I didn’t really, truly want anymore and it was incredibly satisfying to get such an expensive figure that is the centerpiece of my display in a totally cost-neutral way. And if selling stuff isn’t the route you wish to take there are other ways I’m sure you could find to raise the cash. You won’t regret being resourceful and finding a way to work hard and fund THE grail piece of your collection, but you will very likely regret letting it pass you by.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I'm still waiting on the 84 and 95 Sakai. Those are my grails
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

So I have the 25cm 64 rodan, just preordered the '64 ghidorah. Because both appear to be on the larger size. Anyone know if the '64 30cm Godzilla will scale ok with the other 2? Cant seem to find a 25cm 64 Godzilla available if not.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I think the 30cm Godzilla 64 will look too big next to the other figures, but since I don’t have any of them, I can’t really say for sure. I do have 30cm G’68 and 25cm G’65. I can tell you there is a very clear difference in scale and they don’t really mix well.

Added in 3 minutes 54 seconds:
I will say, given that they recently did ‘64 Rodan and are soon to release ‘64 Ghidorah both in 25cm, I’m betting they’ve got 25cm GTTHM style ‘64 Godzilla and Mothra Larva in the pipeline... all the ‘64 Godzilla figures they’ve released so far have been based on his appearance in Mothra vs Godzilla. To my knowledge x plus has not made a GTTHM style G’64 figure in any scale.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Does Hobbysearch ship to the US, because I want the Godzilla 2002.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

ゴジマン wrote:Does Hobbysearch ship to the US, because I want the Godzilla 2002.
Absolutely. They are the preferred shop for most US collectors.
SpaceG92 wrote:

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Godzilla21 wrote:I'm still waiting on the 84 and 95 Sakai. Those are my grails
I have no idea how anyone manages to afford buying X-Plus, but I applaud you for your choices!

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

canofhumdingers wrote:I think the 30cm Godzilla 64 will look too big next to the other figures, but since I don’t have any of them, I can’t really say for sure. I do have 30cm G’68 and 25cm G’65. I can tell you there is a very clear difference in scale and they don’t really mix well.

Added in 3 minutes 54 seconds:
I will say, given that they recently did ‘64 Rodan and are soon to release ‘64 Ghidorah both in 25cm, I’m betting they’ve got 25cm GTTHM style ‘64 Godzilla and Mothra Larva in the pipeline... all the ‘64 Godzilla figures they’ve released so far have been based on his appearance in Mothra vs Godzilla. To my knowledge x plus has not made a GTTHM style G’64 figure in any scale.
Got it. Hope they have that in the works to create a nice '64 GTTHM diorama in the future.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

G1985 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:I'm still waiting on the 84 and 95 Sakai. Those are my grails
I have no idea how anyone manages to afford buying X-Plus, but I applaud you for your choices!
I only buy like 4-6 a year so it's not too bad. Some guys buy like 20-30. Now THAT'S insane
SpaceG92 wrote:

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Couple pics of the Sakai '02 Kiryu-Goji...

... and a nice Highschool Photoday Portrait of the '64 Ghidorah...

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

Preorder the Ric 64 King Ghidorah. Im getting the 68 King Ghidorah next month so the change in color made the 64 appealing, otherwise I would have passed. Also preordered the standard Gigantic 89, and the Sakai 2002. With my Vinyl Prime 1 Gamera coming next month these next few months are going to be crazy.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Oooooooohoohoooooo I've always liked that KiryuGoji kit (i think it was a kit, right?), but now that i don't have to assemble and paint it, I miiiiight just have to snag me one!!!!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

KingKaiju wrote:Oooooooohoohoooooo I've always liked that KiryuGoji kit (i think it was a kit, right?), but now that i don't have to assemble and paint it, I miiiiight just have to snag me one!!!!
It was a kit. A very pricey one at that
SpaceG92 wrote:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

And now I can get it, without having to assemble or paint it. Woohoo!

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

canofhumdingers wrote:
Darth Kiryu wrote:Yuji Sakai Kiryugoji. THE figure I've been waiting for, and there's a high chance I'll be forced to skip it.
I don’t know your personal situation, but if it really is THE grail figure you’ve always wanted, I’d encourage you to find a way to get it before it’s gone. I felt that way about the Hot Toys 1/6 ESB Darth Vader figure. It was way out of my price range at the time but I resolved to preorder it as soon as it was available and then I went to work selling items from my collection on eBay to fund the purchase. It was a lot of work but it was well worth it. It felt really good to prune my collection of things I didn’t really, truly want anymore and it was incredibly satisfying to get such an expensive figure that is the centerpiece of my display in a totally cost-neutral way. And if selling stuff isn’t the route you wish to take there are other ways I’m sure you could find to raise the cash. You won’t regret being resourceful and finding a way to work hard and fund THE grail piece of your collection, but you will very likely regret letting it pass you by.
I really wish I could sell some stuff, but due to my location, no one wants to buy them. :(

Any news on if Diamond will be reissuing any figures from the past couple years? If they're still reissuing, I could have a shot at waiting...

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

If you get your Favorite Sculptors Line '64 Mosu-Goji out of the box and that tail stand just disappoints, check it out... a standard 1oz shot glass placed at the tip of the tail fits as a replacement...

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

I'm thinking of just using rocks when I have the space to make grander displays. Not sure why more people don't do that. Just wash the dirt off and the rock is fine.

Unless I'm missing something.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

KingKaiju wrote:And now I can get it, without having to assemble or paint it. Woohoo!
Wait hold up, are they finally releasing it as a vinyl?
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:And now I can get it, without having to assemble or paint it. Woohoo!
Wait hold up, are they finally releasing it as a vinyl?
Yep, on preorder from several Japanese websites as well as Awesome Collector, based in the US.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Ok, so I'm a bit OCD about this tail stand shit... the ideal solution is one that is transparent, or invisible...

I think we all hate the "Chunk 'o Junk" stand that comes with everything...

First I tried the shotglass... and that's ok... not ideal...

... then I thought about it, and just tweaked the tail down... again, not ideal...

... then I got looking at X-Plus' promo pics of the '02 Kiryu-Goji, and the tiny stand they're using in those pics and thought I could make my own out of a bit of bamboo skewer or satay stick, colored with a sharpie. Because I am using foamcore as my base, I can stab the stand itself into the foamcore. I measured the X-Plus base and it's a shade under 2", so I cut my bamboo stick at exactly 2" and the result is virtually invisible, if placed correctly...