Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by shadowgigan »

Godzilla21 wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:What about the '92 appearance version? Wasn't that recently released as a kit? I'm hoping for Awakening Shin myself as the next Sakai.
Yes the 92 appearance did drop recently. Its basically the 91 suit with some red shading.

I'm so over Shin. These are my top 5 requests:

5. Godzillasaurus
4. Mothra Leo
3. Grand King Ghidorah
2. Godzilla Jr. Rebirth (there is a great kit of this)
1. Mecha King Ghidorah
I understand being sick of Shin but I still need one, seeing as I missed out on the Sakai. So my motivations are a bit selfish on that one. Grand King Ghidorah is probably my X-Plus Grail at this point.

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

G1993 has landed !!
This one is really nice and those eyes are awesome 8-)

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Burning Gigantic G'19, DefoReal G'84 RIC Reissue, and the DefoReal Varan pre-orders have started. The Gigantic Burning is RIC-only, as is the Defo G'84.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Since this Gigantic Burning G19 is Ric only, would Awesome Collector get that too? If so when would they usually open up for pre order?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ApexOversteer wrote:Burning Gigantic G'19, DefoReal G'84 RIC Reissue, and the DefoReal Varan pre-orders have started. The Gigantic Burning is RIC-only, as is the Defo G'84.
Hmmm...must not be up on the US RIC store yet.

EditL Nvm, I see it now.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Ordered the '84 from ric site. 1st time from them directly. Giving it a try. Looks like DHL is 500yen cheaper too. Love the light up dorsal and reactor. Missed out on the original '84 release so this definitely makes up for it. At 1st I wasn't 100% into the defos and still being selective on what I get at this point. Some nice releases coming up = 4 on preorder at this point.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Ordered the '84 from ric site. 1st time from them directly. Giving it a try. Looks like DHL is 500yen cheaper too. Love the light up dorsal and reactor. Missed out on the original '84 release so this definitely makes up for it. At 1st I wasn't 100% into the defos and still being selective on what I get at this point. Some nice releases coming up = 4 on preorder at this point.
I cant sadly get it from there as aint in the US so gotta go with AC. But Jason says for him DHL is always double the price of EMS.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote:Trying to figure out the best way to ship the gigantic Burning Godzilla...
Define "best"...

Fastest? DHL.

Cheapest? Probably DHL from ShonenRIC.

Least hassle? AwesomeCollector.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ApexOversteer wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:Trying to figure out the best way to ship the gigantic Burning Godzilla...
Define "best"...

Fastest? DHL.

Well, the RIC site does have an option for EMS, which is much cheaper than DHL, though I realize there may be issues with EMS. I'm with you on AC, I'm waiting to see what his price will be.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

ApexOversteer wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:
Define "best"...

Fastest? DHL.

Well, the RIC site does have an option for EMS, which is much cheaper than DHL, though I realize there may be issues with EMS. I'm with you on AC, I'm waiting to see what his price will be.

Interesting. Lately they've just been shipping stuff DHL, even if I paid for EMS at pre-order. I wonder what happens if you choose EMS, do they hold your figure indefinitely? EMS just reopened for much of Africa, but still no word on reopening to the USA.

Added in 2 minutes 40 seconds:
I saw an invoice from the RIC site, shipping to the USA that had a $126 shipping charge on it. At that price, the figure is ~$700 shipped. Is a paint-app burning effect worth the premium?
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ApexOversteer wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:

Interesting. Lately they've just been shipping stuff DHL, even if I paid for EMS at pre-order. I wonder what happens if you choose EMS, do they hold your figure indefinitely? EMS just reopened for much of Africa, but still no word on reopening to the USA.

Added in 2 minutes 40 seconds:
I saw an invoice from the RIC site, shipping to the USA that had a $126 shipping charge on it. At that price, the figure is ~$700 shipped. Is a paint-app burning effect worth the premium?
I'm really not sure. I don't own a gigantic and really don't want to miss out. There is the Spiral Studios Burning Godzilla coming out in collaboration with Tanaka Studio and Matt Frank, but I have no idea when that will be released or what it will cost. I'm with you though, I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I wish it had a translucent effect.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote:I'm really not sure. I don't own a gigantic and really don't want to miss out. There is the Spiral Studios Burning Godzilla coming out in collaboration with Tanaka Studio and Matt Frank, but I have no idea when that will be released or what it will cost. I'm with you though, I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I wish it had a translucent effect.

Betcha that Spiral Studios G'19 will be amazing, and north of $1500...

I haven't got room for these super chonky boiz. You can get two normal Gigantics into the shelf space of a G'19. Not to mention the notorious tail issues for the X-Plus G'19. And then the figure simply doesn't look anything like the Goji did in that sequence in the movie.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ApexOversteer wrote:I haven't got room for these super chonky boiz. You can get two normal Gigantics into the shelf space of a G'19. Not to mention the notorious tail issues for the X-Plus G'19. And then the figure simply doesn't look anything like the Goji did in that sequence in the movie.
Could you describe the tail issue? I haven't heard of this.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

A gigantic is a cool piece to have in a collection, no doubt. IMO, you should love the suit to pull the trigger on a piece like that. I am leaning toward not getting the G19. Not my favorite suit plus not a translucent burning effect. I have gigantics for my 2 favorite suits ('62 & GMK) and wouldn't trade them for anything. If you love the G19 go for it. It would be your 3rd and my guess last chance for the suit in a gigantic unless they do some event exclusive version for GvK.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Well, I've already missed out on the '89 and '95. Pretty much my two favorite suits and you can't even find those for a decent price anymore. Though, I must say I have been eyeing a GMK on Ebay. I think this thing should have good resale value however.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:I haven't got room for these super chonky boiz. You can get two normal Gigantics into the shelf space of a G'19. Not to mention the notorious tail issues for the X-Plus G'19. And then the figure simply doesn't look anything like the Goji did in that sequence in the movie.
Could you describe the tail issue? I haven't heard of this.
The G'19 has issues with a large tail seam gap, due to the weight of the tail, pulling on the body where they join. Some figures have even suffered cracking near the joint. X-Plus knew of the issue, and provide not one, but two tail stands for the figure, which people don't use because the second stand is difficult to get set properly.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'll probably start buying from Awesome Collector more often now that I know he's got a "buy it now" option.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

FSL '56 Rodan up on the ric site. This one was a must for me.

Notice the year typo on the ric flyer '65 instead of '56
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

My Mothra RIC Defforeal and Ceaser RIC Defforeal were shipped 8 days ago from Japan via EMS.
However tracking still not updated to say its in the UK. Even with pandemic its strange for item to UK via EMS to take more then a week to get to UK. Customs delays etc are normal but getting into country should be like 3 days :(
Last edited by nekromantik on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.