Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by _JNavs_ »

Do we have any idea when Rodan may go up for pre-order?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Wish I could afford them all, naturally. But really think I have to get that Matango defo. In dire need of Matango representation on my shelf.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wow, that Rodan looks fantastic. The FSL G’54 looks pretty great too. That and the little Serizawa would look pretty awesome on display together...

Ugh. Just when I thought I was done looking at expensive collectibles for the foreseeable future.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

What are price predictions for RIC Rodan so I know what to budget from this stimmy?

Added in 1 minute :
Also my Burning Godzilla is shipping out this week, so I'll be posting my usual round of pics of course (whenever it decides to arrive).

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:01 am What are price predictions for RIC Rodan so I know what to budget from this stimmy?

Added in 1 minute :
Also my Burning Godzilla is shipping out this week, so I'll be posting my usual round of pics of course (whenever it decides to arrive).
Just put $300 away to be safe
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Deforeal GXM Godzilla and the 2019 Rodan are must haves for me. Can't wait.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ho-ly smokes, the paint on this figure is immaculate...

And here's the inside shoot I did for him, with more spotlight lighting. I'll spoiler tag them so they don't take up more space than necessary
Spoiler:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:58 pm ^^ Looks fantastic! I want to unbox mine, but I have no shelf room at the moment!
Me either honestly :lol: :lol: , but I couldn't wait! Now i'll have to make some room somehow.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Had a pretty awesome double box day!

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Well, here goes. I just put in the pre-order for my very first X-Plus, the imminent Harryhausen Cyclops. It's clearly made with a great deal of care to replicate one of the most iconic images of fantastic cinema. And an *intense* amount of care. The detail work will likely keep me hypnotized for weeks.

Speaking of hypnotic aides... How do you think the eyeball is controlled? A wheel in the mouth?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Doc Phibes wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:25 am Well, here goes. I just put in the pre-order for my very first X-Plus, the imminent Harryhausen Cyclops. It's clearly made with a great deal of care to replicate one of the most iconic images of fantastic cinema. And an *intense* amount of care. The detail work will likely keep me hypnotized for weeks.

Speaking of hypnotic aides... How do you think the eyeball is controlled? A wheel in the mouth?
X-Plus is like crack. You won't be able to stop after this.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Question for X-Plus collectors;

So, I don't have a lot of X-Plus figures, and one of my first was Kong 2017 a few years back. As soon as I got it, I thought he leaned forward a bit too much, but it was able to stand on its own so I kind of ignored it. I was recently moving things around and was reminded of this, so I finally looked into it and it appears that my figure does indeed lean forward too much.

Here's a photo comparison from Kaiju Addicts with Godzilla 2014.

And here's my own recreation of the image, plus another from a different angle. Note Kong's brow and how it lines up to Godzilla's jaw.

I don't know if it got worse with time or if he always leaned forward this much. Regardless, I would appreciate any suggestions on how I could fix this! I can't say I'm particularly fond of Smooth Criminal Kong here and would prefer a more balanced stance. :lol: Probably have to heat it up, but am interested in the best/safest methods for X-Plus figures.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:33 am
Doc Phibes wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:25 am Well, here goes. I just put in the pre-order for my very first X-Plus, the imminent Harryhausen Cyclops. It's clearly made with a great deal of care to replicate one of the most iconic images of fantastic cinema. And an *intense* amount of care. The detail work will likely keep me hypnotized for weeks.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Kinggoji1962 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:21 am
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:33 am

What does this even mean?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Shenanigans wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:27 pm Question for X-Plus collectors;

So, I don't have a lot of X-Plus figures, and one of my first was Kong 2017 a few years back. As soon as I got it, I thought he leaned forward a bit too much, but it was able to stand on its own so I kind of ignored it. I was recently moving things around and was reminded of this, so I finally looked into it and it appears that my figure does indeed lean forward too much.

Here's a photo comparison from Kaiju Addicts with Godzilla 2014.

And here's my own recreation of the image, plus another from a different angle. Note Kong's brow and how it lines up to Godzilla's jaw.

I don't know if it got worse with time or if he always leaned forward this much. Regardless, I would appreciate any suggestions on how I could fix this! I can't say I'm particularly fond of Smooth Criminal Kong here and would prefer a more balanced stance. :lol: Probably have to heat it up, but am interested in the best/safest methods for X-Plus figures.

X-Plus figures aren't produced the same way as most mass-produced 'toys', they're much more similar to pre-built vinyl model kits. They take time and skill to assemble. This manner of production is a big part of why X-Plus is so expensive, they're essentially hand-built and hand-painted model kits. As a result no two are completely alike, and there can be quite a bit of variation in the final product, how it stands, the pose, etc.

Try moving his feet around. The Kong has a little bit of articulation side-to-side of the feet, to aid in stabilization. Other than that, if he hasn't toppled over yet, I can't imagine he would now, after standing so long.

I had the same Kong, and he did not like standing, but adjusting the feet, and some strategically placed 'BlueTac' mounting putty under his toes (just a thin pad of it) solved the issue for me. I preferred the putty to heating and trying to bend the figure because I felt the stability issue was due to how it was assembled, and forcing it into a new pose wasn't likely to work.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:34 pm Do we have any idea when Rodan may go up for pre-order?
Now. At least the Ric is.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:17 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:34 pm Do we have any idea when Rodan may go up for pre-order?
Now. At least the Ric is.
On which sites?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Its on the Shonen Ric site right now, $198. He's 25cm long and a 56cm wingspan (nearly 2 feet). So he'll be on the larger side, not that I mind.

https://us.ric-toy.com/psdr08r-wldna.html
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983