Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by ultrazilla »

canofhumdingers wrote:Man, I think I’m done with hobbysearch. It’s been an entire month since I first contacted them about my defective Ghidorah. Yes, they did make good on replacing it. HOWEVER, they gave me very specific instructions on how to ship it back in order to be reimbursed for the return shipping costs. I followed their instructions exactly but they still haven’t reimbursed me the $130+ it cost to send the first one back.

But the delay doesn’t bother me as much as the fact that despite sending multiple inquiries about the status of reimbursement they have completely ignored me. When I was contacting them about the figure they responded multiple times usually within 2-3 days or less. And they answered every question I asked about that. But when it comes to reimbursing the shipping cost, they haven’t answered a single question. In fact, some emails I would ask both about the figure and the shipping and they’d answer the figure question while ignoring the shipping cost question. Emails where I’ve only asked about shipping reimbursement have gone completely unacknowledged. Every single one of them. I’m pretty pissed at this point.
Damn sorry to hear that, I'm a first time customer myself and right off the bat I'm ordering such an expensive item, just hope everything goes smoothly as I pray to the lord. How was your experience with them in general tho?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I've ordered over 50 items from Hobby Search in the last year, and I've had one real issue, and that was a one time thing where their website said they had something in stock, accepted an order for the item, confirmed the order, but when they tried to pick the order, found it was not actually in stock.

Another issue I've had, although it is not actually Hobby Search's fault per se, is that when using their "Recombination" function, to bundle pre-ordered items so they ship together, and save on shipping, if something gets delayed by manufacturer, it can really screw you on shipping something else. I ended up paying twice the cost of a gashapon figure to ship it, because originally, it had been meant to ship with a larger figure that got delayed. If Hobby Search had allowed me to add value to that order, by adding another item to the order, I could have softened that shipping hit, but this is what we deal with, when grey market importing collectibles, and that's really what we're doing.

We're lucky to have the customer service that we do get, regarding returns and refunds. I've long accepted that once you pay your money, and an item ships, it's a done deal. This is largely why I won't buy S.H. MonsterArts stuff online, it's so hit&miss with the paint apps and QC.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

ultrazilla wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:Man, I think I’m done with hobbysearch. It’s been an entire month since I first contacted them about my defective Ghidorah. Yes, they did make good on replacing it. HOWEVER, they gave me very specific instructions on how to ship it back in order to be reimbursed for the return shipping costs. I followed their instructions exactly but they still haven’t reimbursed me the $130+ it cost to send the first one back.

But the delay doesn’t bother me as much as the fact that despite sending multiple inquiries about the status of reimbursement they have completely ignored me. When I was contacting them about the figure they responded multiple times usually within 2-3 days or less. And they answered every question I asked about that. But when it comes to reimbursing the shipping cost, they haven’t answered a single question. In fact, some emails I would ask both about the figure and the shipping and they’d answer the figure question while ignoring the shipping cost question. Emails where I’ve only asked about shipping reimbursement have gone completely unacknowledged. Every single one of them. I’m pretty pissed at this point.
Damn sorry to hear that, I'm a first time customer myself and right off the bat I'm ordering such an expensive item, just hope everything goes smoothly as I pray to the lord. How was your experience with them in general tho?
Contact your credit card and see what they could do about the claim.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Thanks for the insight Apex, HS doesn't sound too terrible at all from what you described I guess. As long as they're well known and not scammers I'll be content.

Added in 1 minute 40 seconds:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:

Contact your credit card and see what they could do about the claim.
I think you quoted the wrong person :)

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Fermix wrote:Is it just me or does that G19 look particularly thick?
You're not alone, but I think it's a case of X-Plus once again releasing less than stellar promotional photographs. Seems a lot of the time X-Plus' studio photography leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't think the figure is actually as chunky/fat as it looks it the photos, and it does look overdone in that way, but I think it's an illusion.

The figure in grey is the same figure we saw as a pink prototype at Winter Wonder Festival. I'm pretty sure, looking at the two, the only change in raising the tail off the shelf was made in the ankles and the feet. They literally just leaned him forward on his toes.

I think the paint scheme on the figure, the background and the lighting make the figure look blobby and fat. The pink one looked much more muscled.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I had not had any issues with hobby search before this. And actually swapping the defective figure went pretty smoothly.

What I’m pissed about is that they clearly stated they would reimburse the return shipping cost in their original instructions, but now they are straight up ghosting me about it. They have not responded to or acknowledged a single question about that reimbursement.

It seems dealing with Japanese collector sites customer service is just a frustrating process for westerners. I had an issue with a figure from HLJ one time. They were out of stock at the time of my inquiry so they offered a partial refund in the form of store credit instead of a replacement. The VERY NEXT DAY the figure came back in stock so I asked if they could cancel the store credit and exchange the figure instead. Despite that seeming like common sense for good customer service they refused.

But at least HLJ followed through with what they originally told me. I’m pissed at HobbySearch because they’re not doing what they said they would. I think I will be calling my card...

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

New pictures of the Gigantic 2019 and Deforeals for Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah!

https://twitter.com/SummitKaiju/status/ ... 09696?s=20

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

rob6027 wrote:New pictures of the Gigantic 2019 and Deforeals for Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah!

The Deforeal for Ghidorah looks amazing!!! It might have to be my first Deforeal. Anyone have any esimates on how much it might be? The Rodan and Mothra ones looks nice as well. And the Gigantic 2019 looks great as well!!!
Last edited by Gojira2K on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

How much do Deforeal figures typically cost? Cause I need those Godzilla and Ghidorah ones

rob6027
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob6027 »

Moogabunga wrote:How much do Deforeal figures typically cost? Cause I need those Godzilla and Ghidorah ones
They are normally in the $60-70 range depending on where you order them from. Light up versions cost a bit more, Awesome Collector has the 2019 light up for $115 plus shipping. I think the Ghidorah will be in that range too, or at least closer to $100 than others, looks to be a bigger figure.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

rob6027 wrote:New pictures of the Gigantic 2019 and Deforeals for Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah!

The Gigantic looks absolutely stunning, the more I see it the more I love it, glad I preordered this beast. I'm counting on SDCC to bring me all the high res media.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Oh man. This Kong... Gave me a boner.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

He actually looks a tad larger than the previous version.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Gonna need all 4 of those KOTM Deforeals. Looks like I'm missing out on the RIC version of Godzilla though. Slightly bummed about that.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Darth Kiryu wrote:Gonna need all 4 of those KOTM Deforeals. Looks like I'm missing out on the RIC version of Godzilla though. Slightly bummed about that.
Get over to Awesome Collector, and you might still be able to get a RIC...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I don't collect anything X-Plus, Tanaka Studios, Art Spirits, etc, but I thought this was pretty cool:
It's the poster version of G84. Looks incredibly badass.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Sweet!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I don't collect anything X-Plus, Tanaka Studios, Art Spirits, etc, but I thought this was pretty cool:
It's the poster version of G84. Looks incredibly badass.
I always LOVED that design.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Looks like the Xplus 64b Godzilla pre orders have arrived at Hobby Search and are shipping out soon.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Man, #&$@ hobbysearch. I’ve contacted them twice this week about refunding me like they said they would and, big surprise, they haven’t responded.

I was gonna use my points towards 64’b but screw that. I’ll be ordering him from somewhere else. Literally anywhere else.

It’s sucks though that I missed out on my chance to preorder it from anywhere. I’m sure most retailers will have some up for in-stock purchase once they get them in as most of these seem to be available at least for a bit once they come in-stock. I’ll be really ticked if I wind up having to pay aftermarket prices because I was waiting for hobbysearch to do the right thing before I made any more orders with them.