Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Really iffy on if I want the Sakai Shin. I mean it looks great but I already have all the other Xplus Shins (DeForeal the exception).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Just got my shipping notice on the Sakai Shin. On it's way.

Tyrant_Lizard_King I dont have any other Shin figures so for me it was an easy choice to pick this one up. I like to stick with just one figure per design
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ric Boy close mouth Osaka Landing Godzilla 1989 coming soon with bonus Super X2.

https://twitter.com/shounen_ric_xp/stat ... 46208?s=19

Added in 1 day 23 hours 36 minutes 35 seconds:
Ric 30cm Godzilla 67 w/two Minyas(?) infant and toddler

https://mobile.twitter.com/shounen_ric_ ... 2656587776
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Got my Sakai Shin in. Amazing figure. Blows the 25cm out of the water
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Nice! I'm seeing a lot of pictures and the detail is amazing. Still think I'm going to go after a Gigantic though, but it'll still have to wait until I have a lot more space. For now I'm happy with my 25cm.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

So mad weird question, is there any way to get the bonus items that come with some of the X-plus figures without getting the figure itself? Really like a lot of them and would like to get a few. Sadly I can't get into X-plus atm (will change in the future) so figured I'd take a shot in the dark and see what you guys had to say

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I think you'd have to hope someone was selling their's. I don't think I've ever seen them sold separately aside from that.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

figured as much but no harm in asking

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzillian wrote:figured as much but no harm in asking
I wish they would sell them separate because I agree; some of those added Ric accessories are amazing.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Godzillian wrote:So mad weird question, is there any way to get the bonus items that come with some of the X-plus figures without getting the figure itself? Really like a lot of them and would like to get a few. Sadly I can't get into X-plus atm (will change in the future) so figured I'd take a shot in the dark and see what you guys had to say
They pop up on eBay time to time. I saw someone selling their Super-X in a slightly misleading auction that made it look like Godzilla '85 was part of the deal too.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first X-Plus, and who better than my personal favorite Godzilla suit?

Gotta say, this thing is a true beauty. Yuji Sakai's sculpt is an almost perfect capture of the GhidoGoji Hokkaido suit (the tip of the tail comes too far to a point, but that's just an incredibly minor nitpick). Not sure how many more of this line I'll grab as we all know that X-Plus figures come with a hefty price tag, but I can at least proudly say that I own (imo) one of their best figures.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Hey guys... just got my first X-Plus figure in a long time, the Gigantic '62 King-Goji!

One question... his hands are really rough and huge.... how do you keep him from breaking your stuff?

I do have a few more X-Plus figures from a ways back, some Harryhausen stuff, the Dragon from 7th Voyage Of Sinbad, the Ymir from 20 Million Miles To Earth, the Cyclops, Talos the bronze statue, Kali the multi-armed, sword-wielding, hindu god statue, I've got a 6 inch or so Gamera from X-Plus and some of my most prized Godzilla collectibles, stuff I held in storage for years hidden from the wife so she wouldn't sell them, 8 polystone resin statues, Mothra '64, Shodai-Goji, Gyakushu-Goji, Mosu-Goji, King-Goji, Bio-Goji, Desu-Goji and Anguirus.

I'm eager to get some more X-Plus, particularly more Gigantic Series figures. I'm eyeing up the Blue Finned 2001 at the moment...

I do have one very serious question...

What in blue blazes is going on with X-Plus and Diamond Comics Distributors?? Diamond has canceled 7 reissues of Large Monster Series figures in the past little bit; The Barugon/Varan Set, the Mothra Larvae/Manda Set, Jet Jaguar, King Caesar, Kumonga, Megalon and Gorosaurus. (Please forgive me if this subject is covered elsewhere in this thread.)

What does this mean? I know that X-Plus will commonly push figure releases back, but cancellations seem to be rarer occurances in the past. Granted, I'm freshly returning to this hobby, and when I left it, X-Plus had not yet even begun to release these figures, so I am totally unfamiliar with how they, or Diamond Dist. for that matter, behave in the market place.

What concerns me, is that I was really hoping to see Diamond Reissues of the Gigantic Series '54 Shodai-Goji Yuji Sakai and the Gigantic Series '64 Mosu-Goji. To my knowledge, those and the Shin are the only ones that have not yet been re-released by either Diamond or Bandai (who did the SDCC Burning through Plex, as I understand things).

Is the Diamond arrangement kaput?

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
Godzillian wrote:So mad weird question, is there any way to get the bonus items that come with some of the X-plus figures without getting the figure itself? Really like a lot of them and would like to get a few. Sadly I can't get into X-plus atm (will change in the future) so figured I'd take a shot in the dark and see what you guys had to say
There's one of the Ric '68 Minyas on eBay right now... with a comedy asking price...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xplus-Minya-19 ... rk:11:pf:0

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

ApexOversteer wrote:Hey guys... just got my first X-Plus figure in a long time, the Gigantic '62 King-Goji!

One question... his hands are really rough and huge.... how do you keep him from breaking your stuff?

I do have a few more X-Plus figures from a ways back, some Harryhausen stuff, the Dragon from 7th Voyage Of Sinbad, the Ymir from 20 Million Miles To Earth, the Cyclops, Talos the bronze statue, Kali the multi-armed, sword-wielding, hindu god statue, I've got a 6 inch or so Gamera from X-Plus and some of my most prized Godzilla collectibles, stuff I held in storage for years hidden from the wife so she wouldn't sell them, 8 polystone resin statues, Mothra '64, Shodai-Goji, Gyakushu-Goji, Mosu-Goji, King-Goji, Bio-Goji, Desu-Goji and Anguirus.

I'm eager to get some more X-Plus, particularly more Gigantic Series figures. I'm eyeing up the Blue Finned 2001 at the moment...

I do have one very serious question...

What in blue blazes is going on with X-Plus and Diamond Comics Distributors?? Diamond has canceled 7 reissues of Large Monster Series figures in the past little bit; The Barugon/Varan Set, the Mothra Larvae/Manda Set, Jet Jaguar, King Caesar, Kumonga, Megalon and Gorosaurus. (Please forgive me if this subject is covered elsewhere in this thread.)

What does this mean? I know that X-Plus will commonly push figure releases back, but cancellations seem to be rarer occurances in the past. Granted, I'm freshly returning to this hobby, and when I left it, X-Plus had not yet even begun to release these figures, so I am totally unfamiliar with how they, or Diamond Dist. for that matter, behave in the market place.

What concerns me, is that I was really hoping to see Diamond Reissues of the Gigantic Series '54 Shodai-Goji Yuji Sakai and the Gigantic Series '64 Mosu-Goji. To my knowledge, those and the Shin are the only ones that have not yet been re-released by either Diamond or Bandai (who did the SDCC Burning through Plex, as I understand things).

Is the Diamond arrangement kaput?
Congrats on your ‘62!

I’d also appreciate some information about the Diamond/X-Plus cancellations. Anyone out there know what is up? I used to buy a lot more X-Plus directly from Japan until Diamond started reissuing them here in North America.
Last edited by Daikaiju Dust? on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pickles & Biscuits!

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Premium Bandai is releasing Deforeal Shin Awakening, this time with light gimmick. I like how it looks, but the price is the same as the Gamera '99 figure, and I don't have a Gamera yet. I could just as well put LEDs in the original Awakening Shin and it would basically be the same thing.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-100012995 ... sya5PR0iNY

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I am weak... so weak...

I only just got the '62 a week ago and...

Now, I have changed diapers, I had gangrene once and when I was 14, my first job was working the bait room at a commercial fishing dock on the coast of Maine. I bought and sold rotting fish.

The X-Plus Gigantic Series 2001 Godzilla is, without a shadow of a doubt, the single most foul-smelling thing I have ever willingly allowed into my home. I opened the outer shipping box, and the stench gave me pause. Through two closed doors and half a house away, the wife asks "what in God's name is that smell!?"

I took the outer shipping box out onto the porch, and when I opened the inner X-Plus box, the wall of pure funk grabbed my stomach and flipped it over. Knock a buzzard off a shitwagon with this thing.

Through the tears in my eyes, holding the puke down best I could, I hit the tailhole with the hair dryer and once together, this thing is MAGNIFICENT, just gorgeous.

My main thing with collecting figures is a desire to have the monsters as they appear on screen. I've always craved accuracy. Stylized sculpts, poses and paints haven't held much interest for me, until I saw the Gigantic 2001.

This is art. Once again, as with the '62, the photos just don't capture the reality of the power and the movement in the pose and the finish of the piece.

Just don't stand too close, he still stinks quite a bit.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

ApexOversteer wrote:I am weak... so weak...

I only just got the '62 a week ago and...

Now, I have changed diapers, I had gangrene once and when I was 14, my first job was working the bait room at a commercial fishing dock on the coast of Maine. I bought and sold rotting fish.

The X-Plus Gigantic Series 2001 Godzilla is, without a shadow of a doubt, the single most foul-smelling thing I have ever willingly allowed into my home. I opened the outer shipping box, and the stench gave me pause. Through two closed doors and half a house away, the wife asks "what in God's name is that smell!?"

I took the outer shipping box out onto the porch, and when I opened the inner X-Plus box, the wall of pure funk grabbed my stomach and flipped it over. Knock a buzzard off a shitwagon with this thing.

Through the tears in my eyes, holding the puke down best I could, I hit the tailhole with the hair dryer and once together, this thing is MAGNIFICENT, just gorgeous.

My main thing with collecting figures is a desire to have the monsters as they appear on screen. I've always craved accuracy. Stylized sculpts, poses and paints haven't held much interest for me, until I saw the Gigantic 2001.

This is art. Once again, as with the '62, the photos just don't capture the reality of the power and the movement in the pose and the finish of the piece.

Just don't stand too close, he still stinks quite a bit.
Now that is a funny post....'62 is my favorite suit BUT.....I have been eyeing the 2001 for accuracy and the coolness factor. If I come 2001 some coin I'm thinking the 2001 is my go to gigantic purchase.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Now that is a funny post....'62 is my favorite suit BUT.....I have been eyeing the 2001 for accuracy and the coolness factor. If I come 2001 some coin I'm thinking the 2001 is my go to gigantic purchase.
I'm just stunned at how "alive" the figure feels in person. Pictures flatten everything out, in person the figure has so much more topography to it, not just texture, but underlying muscle, under the skin.

Where on the Gigantic '62 you can "see" Haruo Nakajima "inside" the suit, with the 2001, you see the animal. I don't know who sculpted the original kit the figure is taken from, but they paid attention to anatomy. There is even a pelvic bulge, where a saurian-esque lower hip would appear between the legs.

In terms of suit accuracy, the '62 is awesome IMO, but for capturing the spirit of the character "Godzilla", the 2001 has to be at the top of the list.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Only have room for one Gigantic, sadly. Thus, I've already decided to hold out on a Gigantic '68 or '74.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

MM Raids Again wrote:Only have room for one Gigantic, sadly. Thus, I've already decided to hold out on a Gigantic '68 or '74.
You just may get that Meka-Goji down the road, considering what X-Plus showed at Summer Wonder Festival, back in July... two Gigantics, a Bio-Goji and a Mechgodzilla '74!

Photo credit Kaiju Addicts: https://www.kaijuaddicts.com/new-x-plus ... -festival/
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

The upcoming gigantic Bio-G might be my 1st and only gigantic.
Although I have a Hugh soft spot for the 68.

In the meantime one classic monster was sorely missing from my collection., so I grab the new version. (loved the film)