Kaiju worthy of figures

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Kaiju worthy of figures

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

This topic is about many promising beasts who have never been turned into a good quality figure

for example all of these guys
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8148/7679 ... fc32_z.jpg
I'll take one of each please :)

Are there any over looked creatures you guys can think of that are worthy of a figure?
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

RedZillaKing

Re: Kaiju worthy of figures

Post by RedZillaKing »

Ya know what? Yes. I agree with your choice there. I'd love a War of the Monsters line from Mezco or NECA. Each wave of five or so figures could come with a BAF boss. Like the robot from Area 51. Togera, Robo-47, Congar, Preytor, and Ultra V for Wave 1!!

Anyway, I'd love 6-7" scale, decently articulated figures of the following unsung beasts:

*Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms)- Yeah, this should've happened LONG ago! This is a classic 50s beast, and the direct inspiration for Godzilla! Come awn Nao!

*Ebirah- Maybe not even an SHMA... Somebody needs to articulate this voracious, crustaceous Kaiju at once. The hungry masses demand it!

*Varan- It's simply... UNBELIEVABLE... That this monster doesn't have his own Bandai Japan vinyl. Somebody give this dude a decent mass produced figure already. I wanna see him on the shelf next to Knifehead 8.0 at TRU!

*Audrey II- NECA: You have failed. Why have you not brought me my deluxe Audrey II? Get on it bitch! And just for that, it had better say "Cut the crap and bring on the meat!"

*The Yog Trio- I don't even need SA figures of these guys. I'll settle for great detail at 6" scale.

*Anguirus- Bandai: YOU have failed. How is it that a decent 6" figure of Godzilla's closest ally doesn't exist? All we have is a rehash of the 1989 mold which quite frankly was never that great to begin with. God Damn it.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

[quote="RedZillaKing"]Ya know what? Yes. I agree with your choice there. I'd love a War of the Monsters line from Mezco or NECA. Each wave of five or so figures could come with a BAF boss. Like the robot from Area 51. Togera, Robo-47, Congar, Preytor, and Ultra V for Wave 1!!quote]

Its a match made in heaven, NECA loves to make retools and variants of their figures and the characters of this game are chock full of variants its perfect

some more creatures are

the celestial dragon from Dragon Wars: this is my second favorite movie dragon, runner up to King Ghidorah, and surpasses Smaug so if this creature were to be produced I would go bananas

The Earth Eater from the HB Godzilla show: This is my favorite monster from this cartoon

The Black Scorpion from... The Black Scorpion :lol:: Eh, sure besides there's not that may scorpion kaiju out there
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

Gotta agree with both of you, War of the Monsters figures are LONG overdue.

I've been very vocal in the past about my desire for a MonsterArts GMK Godzilla, so I had to mention that. Sure, the 8" Bandai figure is nice, but there's virtually no way I could pass up a super articulated version. Actually, I really wouldn't mind Monsterarts for all the GMK monsters.

Also, I'm sure other users will agree that Tamashii needs to release a movie accurate Miregoji and that Godzilla 89 prototype shown awhile back. Agree with RZK about Varan, although a Monsterarts would be even nicer.

And of course, how could I forget about a MonsterArts Titanosaurus and Megalon? Those would be great as well.
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Unless what you REALLY want are 6" scale Bandai style toys, Angilas, Varan, Ebirah and even the Yog trio have been represented pretty well. Are they all affordable, mass produced toys? No. But at this point it's going to be to a long wait for new Bandai vinyls of these guys, and MonsterArts certainly isn't in a hurry to make them either.

Gabara is really one Toho monster that's been all but ignored lately. Stylized Marmit style toys of Gabara outside of the original Vinyl Paradise figure are nonexistent, and even X-Plus seems to have shunned him.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Legion1979 wrote:Unless what you REALLY want are 6" scale Bandai style toys, Angilas, Varan, Ebirah and even the Yog trio have been represented pretty well. Are they all affordable, mass produced toys? No. But at this point it's going to be to a long wait for new Bandai vinyls of these guys, and MonsterArts certainly isn't in a hurry to make them either.

Gabara is really one Toho monster that's been all but ignored lately. Stylized Marmit style toys of Gabara outside of the original Vinyl Paradise figure are nonexistent, and even X-Plus seems to have shunned him.
unfortunately ol' Gab's design doesn't really help him that well either, but he can look awesome if he was portrayed in the heisei, millennium, or legendary style

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Design has nothing to do with it. Gabara's design is fine and he CERTAINLY doesn't need a Heisei style redesign to somehow be more appealing, especially when we have plenty of figures of giant moths, spiders and lobsters. It has more to do with what film he's from. Gabara works for the tone of the movie, but it's just not a popular film in Japan, so it's understandable that we don't have many Gabara figures.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Legion1979 wrote:Design has nothing to do with it. Gabara's design is fine and he CERTAINLY doesn't need a Heisei style redesign to somehow be more appealing, especially when we have plenty of figures of giant moths, spiders and lobsters. It has more to do with what film he's from. Gabara works for the tone of the movie, but it's just not a popular film in Japan, so it's understandable that we don't have many Gabara figures.
yeah that's true, don't forget giant praying mantises for that list of arthropod kaiju

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Not Bagan.

Agreeing with Legion that Gabara could use more representation. Rose Biollante could use a realistic toy release as well.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

RedZillaKing wrote: Anyway, I'd love 6-7" scale, decently articulated figures of the following unsung beasts:

*Rhedosaurus (The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms)- Yeah, this should've happened LONG ago! This is a classic 50s beast, and the direct inspiration for Godzilla! Come awn Nao!

*Audrey II- NECA: You have failed. Why have you not brought me my deluxe Audrey II? Get on it bitch! And just for that, it had better say "Cut the crap and bring on the meat!"
I second these, and would add two more personal favorites:

*Kraken mollusk (The Monster That Challenged The World)- Another 50s beast. After Club Daikaiju helped produce soft vinyl versions of Reptilicus, Gorgo, and RatBatSpider a decade ago, I had hopes that they would get around to this one before they went belly-up.

*Gwangi (The Valley of Gwangi)- Another Harryhausen character that should've happened long ago. My favorite sculpt among all of his characters, and so far only available as a resin model/statue.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Negadon from Negadon The Monster From Mars: its got a pretty cool design, it reminds me of both the angels from evangelion and heterodynes from Dai Guard

The Iron Giant: This is not a kaiju and has had many figures over the years, but imagine a Super Robot Chogokin with a rage mode add on pack :dizzy:

The creatures from Primal Rage: One of if not the of earliest monster fighting games and just like War of the Monsters its chock full of variants, u listening NECA?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Primal Rage was done by Playmates already.

Yeh, Gabara needs some love. I've heard how Tamashii likes to throw 'curve balls' every so often. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants, if they tossed Gabara out there, just to see how he does?

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

SHMA, X-Plus, and Jakks Pacific MUTOs. KOM needs more figures.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Kaijunator wrote:SHMA, X-Plus, and Jakks Pacific MUTOs. KOM needs more figures.
also NECA MUTOs even though that isn't going to happen any time soon, also figures from monsterpocalypse there were some pretty cool creatures in it

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

I honestly kinda want a Bagan. I'd buy it for sure!
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

GhidoGoji wrote:I honestly kinda want a Bagan. I'd buy it for sure!
I don't know what his abilities are, but he does look cool

A krystalak and obsidius would be nice as well

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

I'd love a line of affordable, articulated figures of all the Harryhausen monsters. That's a huge chunk of movie monster history inexplicably missing from the toy world for the most part.

I'd also love for somebody to tackle Zilla again. The Trendmasters figures from 1998 were cool but it would be great if NECA or somebody was able to make a new figure of that highly underrated design, of course as long as it's clearly labeled as Zilla and not as Godzilla since they really should be seen as distinct characters.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

DrBreakfastMachine wrote:I'd love a line of affordable, articulated figures of all the Harryhausen monsters. That's a huge chunk of movie monster history inexplicably missing from the toy world for the most part.

I'd also love for somebody to tackle Zilla again. The Trendmasters figures from 1998 were cool but it would be great if NECA or somebody was able to make a new figure of that highly underrated design, of course as long as it's clearly labeled as Zilla and not as Godzilla since they really should be seen as distinct characters.
I agree with both suggestions

A zillo beast from star wars the clone wars and a jhen mohran from monster hunter would be nice

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I think we need a super articulated Keizer Ghidorah figure. :)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:I think we need a super articulated Keizer Ghidorah figure. :)
SHMA might someday, but not in 2015, cuz we're getting MKG.

^^ Yah, I've wanted SHMA to tackle the Harryhausen monsters for a while, but they've never expressed any interest. A shame, I think. Characters like Talos, Rhedosaurus, Cyclops, Sakura's Dragon - can you imagine?