Creative Pictures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Creative Pictures Thread

Post by ApexOversteer »

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

^That's so awesome!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Chris55 wrote:^That's so awesome!
:thumbsup:

Added in 23 hours 16 minutes 3 seconds:

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

^I love your use of perspective!
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I 3D printed some buildings and vehicles for my shelf. The tanks and jeeps are scaled at 1/320 and the buildings I just printed at their default size:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wow! I need a 3-D printer....

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

canofhumdingers wrote:Wow! I need a 3-D printer....
I use an Ender 3 Pro. I got mine for my birthday but if you're willing to set aside $180 and spend a day building and calibrating the thing it is soooo worth it. I sculpt miniatures in blender as a side hobby and I enjoy model ships and buildings in general, so the printer as an absolute dream come true since I can literally make anything I want. I'm never buying a tamashii building set again.

Sidenote: the filament costs about $20 and is 1 kilogram spool of plastic, so you could print dozens of buildings and vehicles before you ever come close to running out, and the quality is incredible.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Next Saturday, March the 21st, at 6pmEDT, YouTube Channel Collect All Monsters will be having their monthly live stream, hosted by Kyle Yount of Kaijucast, Christine Chapin Vinyl Kaiju Collector, Kaiju Photographer David Eric Dopko, YouTube X-Plus Reviewer Leslie Chambers and John Ruffin Of MyKaiju. This month's theme for the stream is Kaiju Toy Photography!

Part of each stream is the viewer showcase, and for this stream you can send in your pictures to Instragram, with the hashtag #BestMonsterPortrait. They're looking for Photos of Kaiju, as if it's picture day at Monster Island High School! :lol:

The stream is always really fun, and informative, and the live chat is usually full of crazy collectors and Kaiju fans like myself, and some of you guys, and even more of the Social Media Kaiju Influencers you know.

Be sure to stomp on by!!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I 3D printed some buildings and vehicles for my shelf. The tanks and jeeps are scaled at 1/320 and the buildings I just printed at their default size
Could you provide a link to source?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Birdman wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I 3D printed some buildings and vehicles for my shelf. The tanks and jeeps are scaled at 1/320 and the buildings I just printed at their default size
Could you provide a link to source?
Here is everything you need to print the ones in the picture:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3767458
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3553160
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3324483
The site is a bit slow which is why I didn't send this yesterday as Thingiverse wouldn't load.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Beautiful set, fantastic composition, it's what we can always expect from you, Apex
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Destorogoji wrote:Beautiful set, fantastic composition, it's what we can always expect from you, Apex

Thank you! :oops:

Hoping to do some expanding, in terms of scenery, couple new backgrounds... currently gathering new structures for a new part of my tiny Japanese city Tohokyo, a more industrial part of town...

... and adding a Bhuddist pagoda temple complex too! Hopefully have the expansion complete by mid-summer... I'd like to try some outdoor, natural sky photography with the diorama stuff...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Scouted some locations for some outdoor natural light/sky pictures I want to do, and took the Gigantic Brothers, MosuGoji and GMK along for the ride. Despite being the absolute wrong time of day, and the worst, harshest light, I managed to get a couple acceptable shots...

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

ApexOversteer wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:Beautiful set, fantastic composition, it's what we can always expect from you, Apex

Hoping to do some expanding, in terms of scenery, couple new backgrounds... currently gathering new structures for a new part of my tiny Japanese city Tohokyo, a more industrial part of town...

... and adding a Bhuddist pagoda temple complex too! Hopefully have the expansion complete by mid-summer... I'd like to try some outdoor, natural sky photography with the diorama stuff...
Where do you get these?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

GFAN198423 wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:

Where do you get these?
I get almost all my buildings and structures from Hobby Search, usually their N-Scale Model Railroading Portal, the "General Building" category. But I also check other portals and categories, like the N-Scale Accessories categories and the Military Model Portal/Other Models Category has stuff too, which is where I believe the refinery stuff can be found.

N-Scale General Building Category: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/165/0/1

Military Models 'Other Models' Category (Scroll Down For Refinery Parts): https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/134/0/1

N-Scale/Gauge in Japan is 1/150, which is "just about" the same scale as a 30cm figure or statue of a Showa, or Millennium Era Goji figure. 1/150 also works pretty well for the 25cm figures too, if you place the figures closer to the shorter buildings and use a little forced perspective to the taller ones. US N-Scale is 1/160 which also works.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

A bit of cloud, a helpful LED fill light (perhaps a bit too bright, actually, need to diffuse it next time), and the second round of outdoor vista location scouting test shots went a little better, this time I took a couple 25cm figures, the '65 DisensoGoji and the '99 Gamera "Night Battle" Ver. ...

I wasn't quite as happy with this recent indoor shot of the old (circa 2004) carded X-Plus Gamera '95... I'm pondering how to shoot this figure better. It's a great figure, wonderfully detailed, just a bit difficult to shoot due to the pose...