Creative Pictures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Re: Creative Pictures Thread

Post by Destorogoji »

My first photo montage.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Attempted to give it a nice vintage look.

I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This one probably doesn't count, but, I recently got married in October. The wedding was the wedding of my wife's dreams; formal, beautiful, proper (until the booze kicked in at the reception and the party got started haha). But, she thanked me and surprised me by adding inklings of Godzilla things around the reception hall so it was more me/us. One of them was this, which was on our sweetheart table for the duration of the night. Thought I'd share with you all.

Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Nightmare Alien
GPN Volunteer

Post by Nightmare Alien »

I love that! Congrats on the wedding, by the way.

Here's a small set I did last night with the NECA GMK Godzilla.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Nightmare Alien wrote:I love that! Congrats on the wedding, by the way.

Thank you!!

Love those pics! I know most of those buildings are the Tamashii buildings, but how did you make that large tower in the back? I'm going to be making a city display for my SHMA in the near future and looking for all the ideas I can get aside from just the Tamashii sets.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Nightmare Alien
GPN Volunteer

Post by Nightmare Alien »

Maritonic wrote:

Thank you!!

Love those pics! I know most of those buildings are the Tamashii buildings, but how did you make that large tower in the back? I'm going to be making a city display for my SHMA in the near future and looking for all the ideas I can get aside from just the Tamashii sets.
Thanks. The building in the back is a scale replica of the Sears tower that I found at a thrift shop, so I couldn't tell you how to make it unfortunately.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Nightmare Alien wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Thank you!!

Thanks. The building in the back is a scale replica of the Sears tower that I found at a thrift shop, so I couldn't tell you how to make it unfortunately.
Ah that's okay, thanks for the reply!

Some of you guys have amazing city set ups. Really hope I'm able to pull something like that off for my Godzilla vs. Destroyah set up. I also wish this thread got more love, to be honest.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Congrats on the marriage Maritonic! Nice pics!

Liking that NECA GMK stuff, Nightmare Alien!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaijunator wrote:Congrats on the marriage Maritonic! Nice pics!

Liking that NECA GMK stuff, Nightmare Alien!

Thanks man!

Yeah his stuff is always super impressive.

Added in 3 hours 14 minutes 15 seconds:
So, I am working on a Godzilla vs. Destroyah display in due time. Anyway, today I made my first paper model to test the waters. It was a very small train car, just to see how paper models work and such. So I had some fun playing with it with my SHMA 54 Gojira. Let me know what you think. :)

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Gonna need your pattern on that little train... I've been thinking about buying a little model to place in his mouth, and that looks perfect.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Nice little train. Must've been tedious to cut it that small, or did you use a swivel blade? Great work.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mechagigan wrote:Gonna need your pattern on that little train... I've been thinking about buying a little model to place in his mouth, and that looks perfect.
http://www.westjr.co.jp/railroad/fan/paper/local/

That's the site where I got the pattern from. I used the very first one and scaled it down to 20% when I printed it. It really was the perfect size for the SHMA. And the site has a bunch of other patterns you can pick from.

Added in 2 minutes 47 seconds:
ILL GREEN wrote:Nice little train. Must've been tedious to cut it that small, or did you use a swivel blade? Great work.

Thank you! I used a regular razor blade, as I don't have an exacto knife currently (that's the very next thing I'm getting...haha). It wasn't all that tedious to cut it, moreso to put it together. It was very tiny and I have giant hands.

But I'm definitely glad with how it came out for these pictures. It was hard to stop at 4 photos, honestly. The 54 suit is arguably my favorite and I love the articulation and detail on the SHMA for it. I may print another train or two today and take a few more. Had a lot of fun with this.

Added in 6 hours 12 minutes 30 seconds:
Hey again guys. So today I experimented with paper model buildings. Simple apartment buildings. At first I was just using my SHMA Godzilla 54 because I find him the most photogenic and as I've stated, he's one of my all time favorites. But, I decided I was having so much fun and wanted to throw in my NECA GMK Godzilla. I have to say, the GMK photos make me irrationally happy.

I am putting most of them in Spoiler tags for space. I hope you guys enjoy!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I hope you guys like them. I'm very proud of what I can do with so little, to be honest. Expect to see more of this from me.

Added in 18 hours 49 minutes 1 second:
I took a plethora of pictures, so if anyone wants to see more let me know. :)

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

So I've been working on a diorama for a while now. It's still not finished, but I wanted to share some pictures of it I too with my figures.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I had a lot of fun taking these pictures, and I hope you enjoy them as well.
Last edited by ゴジマン on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Maritonic wrote:I took a plethora of pictures, so if anyone wants to see more let me know. :)
I'd like to see them, please. :)
Resized Image

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

I love that wedding photo Maritonic!
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Thanks for the love, guys! I'm slowly working on more buildings. As I've said, these buildings are still kind of a test for me so I eventually want to do some more complicated ones. Eventually...haha.

Anyway, here are some more photos. Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Added in 53 seconds:
godzilla98rules wrote:I love that wedding photo Maritonic!
Thank you!! I also had a small purple Godzilla on my boutonniere.

Added in 38 seconds:
ゴジマン wrote:So I've been working on a diorama for a while now. It's still not finished, but I wanted to share some pictures of it I too with my figures.

I had a lot of fun taking these pictures, and I hope you enjoy them as well.
I love these!! What did you use for the outside of your buildings? I know the inside is styrofoam, but what did you use for the outside texture? Really love these.

Added in 54 seconds:
Coobzilla03 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I took a plethora of pictures, so if anyone wants to see more let me know. :)
I'd like to see them, please. :)
Posted a couple more. Thanks for the support. :) Really means a lot, to be honest. I have been flooding my Instagram and Facebook with these photos and no one appreciates them haha.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Glad im not the only one making paper buildings!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Glad im not the only one making paper buildings!
They're just so much cheaper. I wasn't going to, and frankly I still want to find a better option. But financially, they're the best choice for me. For my first time doing them, I'm proud of how they came out. They definitely get the job done. Far more than I expected.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:
They're just so much cheaper. I wasn't going to, and frankly I still want to find a better option. But financially, they're the best choice for me. For my first time doing them, I'm proud of how they came out. They definitely get the job done. Far more than I expected.
Yeah, nice job btw! Im actaully trying to make a whole city with them; it takes quite a while.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Yeah, nice job btw! Im actaully trying to make a whole city with them; it takes quite a while.
Thank you!

I'd love to see pics of your city!