Creative Pictures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Creative Pictures Thread

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
They're just so much cheaper. I wasn't going to, and frankly I still want to find a better option. But financially, they're the best choice for me. For my first time doing them, I'm proud of how they came out. They definitely get the job done. Far more than I expected.
Yeah, nice job btw! Im actaully trying to make a whole city with them; it takes quite a while.
Thank you!

I'd love to see pics of your city!
Your welcome!

I will post pics soon once I tidy it up a bit.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Maritonic wrote:
ゴジマン wrote:So I've been working on a diorama for a while now. It's still not finished, but I wanted to share some pictures of it I too with my figures.

I had a lot of fun taking these pictures, and I hope you enjoy them as well.
I love these!! What did you use for the outside of your buildings? I know the inside is styrofoam, but what did you use for the outside texture? Really love these.
I'm happy you like these. I use plastic knitting mesh that has been spray painted with a metallic silver. Then I cut the mesh to shape and used hot glue to put it on the foam buildings. It doesn't cost much to make them, and I find it really fun.

Also congratulations on your wedding. I like the work you're doing, and I like seeing all the images you make.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ゴジマン wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
ゴジマン wrote:So I've been working on a diorama for a while now. It's still not finished, but I wanted to share some pictures of it I too with my figures.

I had a lot of fun taking these pictures, and I hope you enjoy them as well.
I love these!! What did you use for the outside of your buildings? I know the inside is styrofoam, but what did you use for the outside texture? Really love these.
I'm happy you like these. I use plastic knitting mesh that has been spray painted with a metallic silver. Then I cut the mesh to shape and used hot glue to put it on the foam buildings. It doesn't cost much to make them, and I find it really fun.

Also congratulations on your wedding. I like the work you're doing, and I like seeing all the images you make.
That sounds very cost efficient, I'll have to remember that. Those buildings look great.

Thanks very much for your kind words :) I hope we see more of your display!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Maritonic wrote:
ゴジマン wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

That sounds very cost efficient, I'll have to remember that. Those buildings look great.

Thanks very much for your kind words :) I hope we see more of your display!
Thank you. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did, and I hope your buildings come out just as well :)
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Spoiler:

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Added in 53 minutes 33 seconds:
Putting some more in a Spoiler tag for space. :) Enjoy!
Spoiler:
I'm telling you guys, no matter how many other figures I mess around with, I always have to come back to the Monsterarts 54. It's just so photogenic.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Wow, which kit is that Rodan? Looks awesome btw!!

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

ILL GREEN wrote:Wow, which kit is that Rodan? Looks awesome btw!!
It's the Revoltech Rodan. You can see the Revolver joints at the shoulders.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Maritonic wrote:I'm telling you guys, no matter how many other figures I mess around with, I always have to come back to the Monsterarts 54. It's just so photogenic.
Great pictures. I've got to say I that I personally enjoy the 54 images you do. They look amaxing each time.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ゴジマン wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I'm telling you guys, no matter how many other figures I mess around with, I always have to come back to the Monsterarts 54. It's just so photogenic.
Great pictures. I've got to say I that I personally enjoy the 54 images you do. They look amaxing each time.
Thank you! He really is the best one to work with.

Added in 2 minutes 15 seconds:
Love that SHMA GMK; gotta get my hands on him. Great photos!

Added in 2 hours 37 minutes 12 seconds:
ILL GREEN wrote:Wow, which kit is that Rodan? Looks awesome btw!!
As someone already confirmed, it is indeed the Revoltech Rodan. It's an amazing figure, to be honest. Well worth tracking down. I'm a tad bias as it's my favorite Rodan design, but you can get a lot of great poses with it. Plus I love that it comes with the tiny second Rodan that I have flying in the background.

Added in 3 hours 22 minutes 6 seconds:
So, thanks to all of your guys support through this, I think I'm going to go through with a pretty cool project. Since 54 is my best stuff, i think I'm going to actually try to create a mini replica of the Odo Island attack. So, you may see less city stuff from me and more of that. We'll see. But I want to try some new interesting things with more challenging buildings, and other paper models such as ships and docks.
You guys have really helped my confidence with this stuff and I truly thank you for the kind words and hope you'll like what is coming next. :)

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Maritonic wrote:So, thanks to all of your guys support through this, I think I'm going to go through with a pretty cool project. Since 54 is my best stuff, i think I'm going to actually try to create a mini replica of the Odo Island attack. So, you may see less city stuff from me and more of that. We'll see. But I want to try some new interesting things with more challenging buildings, and other paper models such as ships and docks.
You guys have really helped my confidence with this stuff and I truly thank you for the kind words and hope you'll like what is coming next. :)
That sounds like a really cool idea. I hope it works out well. I'm sure you'll make it look great

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Resized Image
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Not my best stuff, but just having some fun on a Sunday morning.

Added in 23 hours 39 minutes 35 seconds:
Howdy all!

So, being inspired by ゴジマン buildings, I wanted to try to make my own. As I am always on the look out for cost-efficient, good looking buildings. So, thank you again for your tips!

Here you'll see my first attempt at one of those buildings. Enjoy!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Nice pictures Maritonic. Digging those buildings! :)
Resized Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Coobzilla03 wrote:Nice pictures Maritonic. Digging those buildings! :)
Thank you!!

Added in 18 hours 16 minutes 29 seconds:

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

Hey Maritonic you're buildings look really good. It's amazing for a first attempt.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ゴジマン wrote:Hey Maritonic you're buildings look really good. It's amazing for a first attempt.
Thank you so much! I really love how these look! Thank YOU for explaining your method for your amazing buildings! They really do work very well for a cheap, but effective method.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction