What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SHFA Ultraman Orb Dark

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

While Bandai may be messing up some of their other figures, I can safely say, They have knocked out of the park, all recent film Goji figures.
Anime 2017 Goji was great
Shin Goji 2016 was great
And now... the KOTM 2019 Goji is... also great.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

Revoltech Giant Robot from Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot.
Did they ever make a Revoltech GR-2/Torozon? I'm not talking about the OVA one, but rather the one from the Toku.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There's a limited edition version of the Giant Robo figure that has parts for it, I think.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

There was a Japanese magazine( Hyper Hobby, I think )that had a Sci-Fi Revoltech exclusive GR-2 available. I had to use a middleman to get it. It had a new head and a few other kitbashed pieces, but it was mostly the Giant Robo sculpt done in black and grey. Looked pretty good. I have it packed away somewhere...

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

UltramanGoji wrote:There's a limited edition version of the Giant Robo figure that has parts for it, I think.
Saw that one. Almost bought it but decided against it since the Torozon head would most likely clash with the colors of the body.
MandaSaurus wrote:There was a Japanese magazine( Hyper Hobby, I think )that had a Sci-Fi Revoltech exclusive GR-2 available. I had to use a middleman to get it. It had a new head and a few other kitbashed pieces, but it was mostly the Giant Robo sculpt done in black and grey. Looked pretty good. I have it packed away somewhere...
Damn, I may just have to get the Evolution Toy one off of Amazon then. It'll be out of scale with the Revoltech but I just love his design and think he's an underrated "Arch-rival" kaiju.

Update: Bought the Evolution Toy Dynamite Action GR-2/Torozon as a companion piece to Giant Robot. Interested to see how his joints being magnets work out.
Last edited by ArchdukeCaligula on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HayesAJones wrote:
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Pre-ordered the DST Godzilla Gallery Statue from BBTS for $62.99. That fake water at the base looks so cool...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Marmit Gigan

Parababy Godzilla '55

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

One of my Easter gifts this morning:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Still got ours from years ago. Still in pretty good shape too.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

An enemy robot approaches...
Evolution Toy Dynamite Action GR-2/Torozon! Came with a crapton of accessories like extra hands, socket covers, jetpack fire effects, and a different head with a silver face. The magnetic joints are super cool and allow for a lot of poseability. Now I wait for the Revoltech Giant Robot to arrive.
HayesAJones wrote:
He answers to Franklin.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Ordered the Kaiyodo Sofubi T-Rex off HLJ for $15 & change. Got a Black Bear cub & Polar Bear cub for the wife - she likes bears. Don't think she's ever had any out of Japan... :huge:

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

For months I've been waiting... watching... biding my time... knowing that at $80 nobody would buy them... and eventually Walmart would be forced (heh) to Clearance the Vintage Collection TIE Fighter... tonight, lo and behold, there they all were, 8 of them, unceremoniously dumped in a cart at the back of the Electronics Department with that beautiful yellow sticker on them...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The Four Horsemen have just put their Mythic Legions: Wasteland series up for pre-order. Of particular note is Argemedes, a Cyclops/Ogre chieftain - a 9 inch figure in a 6 inch line, and built like a brick wall. I couldn't resist, I pre-ordered one. $55 US. Go to Store Horsemen if you wanna check out this bad azz boy...

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Bandai Godzilla vs. Biollante Mini Battle Box

Quote of the Year:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ That's cool, MM. Where'd you get that?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ That's cool, MM. Where'd you get that?
Mandrake.

Quote of the Year:

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

BC:
Godzilla 2000, 54, and Rainbow mothra

Bandai movie monster series:
MKG, SpaceGodzilla, Heavy Arms Kiryu

Jaks pacific:
6 inch Rodan and King Ghidorah sets

DST:
November Ajax
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Picked up Jurassic World Charlie and Mussaurus at Walmart. They finally got new dinos! I need to pick up Delta, Rhamph, and Dracorex and check Target to see if they got any new dinos in stock.