What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Oh that the big one! My mistake.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here's my progress on my first kit.
Hope to finish him this weekend. Didn't mean to make him so green, I tried to do an oil wash but I didn't do it correctly. He was left green and I just kept him this way. Next up is BioGoji.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I actually really like the green. Reminds me of the Memorial Box figures.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scored these for $38. Also came with two partially destroyed Ghidorah and Destroyah figures, but I only cared about these ones since I dont have em.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Pulled the trigger on the SHMA Godzilla and Kong. Praying I can keep money in my account for when the pre-order ends and the charge hits! I haven't been this jazzed for SH figures since... KingGoji? KotM Rodan?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Not really BOUGHT because he came in on Saturday, but got the Atomic 2001 SHMA from BoxLunch.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

You people still buy Toys?

How childish.

I buy high end collectable figures.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm You people still buy Toys?

How childish.

I only buy dolls. Monster dolls.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Got the Bandai Hedorah for roughly $80, about as much I am willing to pay for such a small figure. I considered getting the ymsf figure instead but its massively more expensive for something only JUST SLIGHTLY larger.

Also got the NYCC Godzilla 2014 from Bandai America, mint in box (Im gonna open it, sorry not sorry)
Meaning I have every version of Godzilla 2014 from Bandai America that matters, fuck those stupid gimmick figures.

Aside from that, I had my regular ebay seller Rip City Kaiju reserve some figures for me that I will be getting within the next three weeks.
First is the YMSF Megalon, since I REALLY want to have as many Showa kaiju as possible

And to go with my cretaceous king ghidorah, he reserved the modern King Ghidorah from Rebirth of Mothra III (I havent seen any of the RoM films, hope they are good)
Honestly, my new favorite version of KG. GMK is still a close second.

Im still looking for the original bandai showa king ghidorah. I also want the original King Caesar, Minya, and Mechagodzilla for my showa shelf before Im satisfied.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:23 pm
goji89 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm You people still buy Toys?

How childish.

I only buy dolls. Monster dolls.
Dollies. Pretty Kaiju Dollies.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Order Singular Point Jet Jaguar and "Titanosaurus".
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:57 pm I havent seen any of the RoM films, hope they are good
They’re not.

But King Ghidorah in RoM3 is still awesome. Nice pickup! :KingGhidorah64:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:57 pm I havent seen any of the RoM films, hope they are good
They’re not.

LMAO. Well, ultimately, everyone told me that Son of Godzilla, Godzilla vs the Sea Monster, and Godzilla vs Gigan were bad movies, and they ended up being my favorite Showa films, so I'll probably end up enjoying them anyway XD

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:54 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 am
They’re not.

LMAO. Well, ultimately, everyone told me that Son of Godzilla, Godzilla vs the Sea Monster, and Godzilla vs Gigan were bad movies, and they ended up being my favorite Showa films, so I'll probably end up enjoying them anyway XD
I dunno man, I love all three of those Godzilla films too (especially Sea Monster!). The ROM trilogy is on a whole other level of cringe-inducing terribleness. They feel more like really crappy Saturday morning kids tv shows than actual movies. But I still watch them on rare occasion so I guess they’re tolerable? And Grand King Ghidorah alone is worth sitting thru the third film for.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I like the design and is cool as fuck but I can't stand that chest of his.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

YMSF Bundle...

Kong '67

Black Gummy Hedorah

... And...

Behemoth

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Where do you even go to buy behemoth?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:32 pm Where do you even go to buy behemoth?
The Facebook page.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:21 pm I like the design and is cool as skreeonk but I can't stand that chest of his.
I'm definitely not going to paint the chest red lol. I've seen a couple of cool paint jobs on that kit though, so I have a good idea on what I want him to look like. Still not going to touch it until I get some more kits under my belt. But I had the chance to purchase it within the US, so I thought I'd buy it now.

Progress ony my second kit, which is a Kaiyodo Godzilla 1989.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

shadowgigan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:10 am
goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:21 pm I like the design and is cool as skreeonk but I can't stand that chest of his.
I'm definitely not going to paint the chest red lol. I've seen a couple of cool paint jobs on that kit though, so I have a good idea on what I want him to look like. Still not going to touch it until I get some more kits under my belt. But I had the chance to purchase it within the US, so I thought I'd buy it now.

Progress ony my second kit, which is a Kaiyodo Godzilla 1989.

:shock:

It's BEAUTIFUL :cry:

Also...... get away from the ledge man, it's gonna fall my anxiety is through the roof.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.