What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Picked up a complete in box Mattel Great Mazinga Shogun Warrior Jumbo Machinder. Now all the ones I had as a kid are accounted for with their boxes. (Godzilla, Rodan, Gaiking & Great Mazinga). Also grabbed a 1979 Knickerbocker Godzilla stuffed toy I had as well. Feeling good about these latest finds. The Xplus 25 cm 64b Godzilla arrived today to top it off.

Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SHMA KoTM King Ghidorah

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

I recently acquired the Revoltech Toku GR-2/Torozon. First time using Mandarake. Really awesome figure, but swapping out the hands is a pain in the ass. I'm having a hard time putting the fist back on his regular arm after putting it on the rocket punch effect arm because the joint pin is stuck.
Last edited by ArchdukeCaligula on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Yah, I got that back when it first came out. Had to use a middleman service to get it...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

So my Bandai DX Roaring Godzilla 03 came in from Mandarake and him being in poor condition is somewhat of an understatement.

His foot needs to be glued in, the entire figure apart from the vinyl tail feels sticky and gummy, probably from the heat, and they didn't take the batteries out of him so I had to clean out his corroded battery socket.

Honestly I don't mind if the roaring feature doesn't work since it's an old figure, I just gotta glue his foot in and clean up the sticky residue on the figure.

Anyone have any suggestions on the residue thing?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wash the figure gently with a grease-cutting soap and plenty of water. Dish soap will be fine.

Afterwards you might look into treating the plastic with some sort of plastic protectant product (automotive products tend to work well). The key is to do some research and make sure the product you choose will actually help condition and protect the plastic without causing any ill-effects.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

canofhumdingers wrote:Wash the figure gently with a grease-cutting soap and plenty of water. Dish soap will be fine.

Afterwards you might look into treating the plastic with some sort of plastic protectant product (automotive products tend to work well). The key is to do some research and make sure the product you choose will actually help condition and protect the plastic without causing any ill-effects.
The figure is electronic. Wouldn't "plenty of water" hurt it if the sound feature still works?
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

I didn’t say dunk it.... First, make sure the batteries are out. Then wash wash a small surface area at a time with a little soap and lots of water. You want to use plenty of water to make sure you get all the soap and sticky residue off. Pat that part dry and move on to the next patch. Keep doing it until you’ve cleaned the whole figure then give it a few days to dry out before putting the batteries back in.

Speaking of batteries, if it was corroded, use lots of white vinegar on q-tips or cotton balls to dissolve it all. Even a tiny bit of corrosion can cause issues. I’ve practically soaked electronics in vinegar to clean up bad battery corrosion before. As long as you do a good job properly drying everything back out before you put the batteries back in it will be good as new.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

canofhumdingers wrote:I didn’t say dunk it.... First, make sure the batteries are out. Then wash wash a small surface area at a time with a little soap and lots of water. You want to use plenty of water to make sure you get all the soap and sticky residue off. Pat that part dry and move on to the next patch. Keep doing it until you’ve cleaned the whole figure then give it a few days to dry out before putting the batteries back in.

Speaking of batteries, if it was corroded, use lots of white vinegar on q-tips or cotton balls to dissolve it all. Even a tiny bit of corrosion can cause issues. I’ve practically soaked electronics in vinegar to clean up bad battery corrosion before. As long as you do a good job properly drying everything back out before you put the batteries back in it will be good as new.
Thanks man. I didn't mean to sound snarky. I've never had to restore a figure to this degree before so this is all new to me.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

No worries. I didn’t think you were snarky and I wasn’t trying to be either. Darn lack of inflection on the internet!

Good luck with it! Would love to see pics of the figure. I don’t think ive ever seen it out of the box.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

ArchdukeCaligula wrote:I recently acquired the Revoltech Toku GR-2. First time using Mandarake. Really awesome figure, but swapping out the hands is a pain in the ass. I'm having a hard time putting the fist back on his regular arm after putting it on the rocket punch effect arm because the joint pin is stuck.
How was the shipping price/ packaging from Mandarake? Looking to make a couple purchases.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

canofhumdingers wrote:No worries. I didn’t think you were snarky and I wasn’t trying to be either. Darn lack of inflection on the internet!

Good luck with it! Would love to see pics of the figure. I don’t think ive ever seen it out of the box.
It's a nice 6 inch representation of my favorite Goji design. It's not perfectly accurate, but being the only 6 inch 03 Goji besides the SHMA, I'm glad I got him. I've been hunting him for years.

EDIT: The figure has a kind of tar-like smell. Should I be concerned?
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Box Day #11 (2019, 17th July)

S.H.Figuarts Ultraman R/B
ROBOT Spirits <SIDE MS> Gundam NT-1 ver. A.N.I.M.E. - Full Armor Equipment -

This is my first Gundam figure, just to have one in my collection, since I feel like it somehow relates to the genre. I decided to go for this one because of the additional smoke effects.These go great with any SHMA or SHF Ultraman figures as well (see the last picture with Shin Godzilla).

Box Day #12 (2019, 24th July)

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla Earth

Yes, he finally arrived. One of my favorite MonsterArts from the get go. It is just an awesome, flawless figure - and I don't even like this Godzilla design that much to be honest. But that figure is a masterpiece. Get it while you can.

Size DOES matter!

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

MoK 13 wrote: How was the shipping price/ packaging from Mandarake? Looking to make a couple purchases.
When I bought the figure I clicked on overnight shipping not realizing what it was, so the shipping ended up being $30 for mine. They have a few other options for shipping, but I don't know the price of them.
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Bought the NECA 1962 Godzilla a few days ago, and it came in the mail about an hour ago. I really like the way it and the box look.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

So I got my DX Godzilla 03 cleaned up and got batteries in him, and he works! The roar is a little quiet though, but the figure is old so I can forgive it. I just can't get the damn tail on. It has this weird cupped connection, and I don't want to heat it up because the tail is already a super soft rubber.

EDIT: I got the tail on. I'll post pictures of him when I figure out how.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Found the NECA Poster '54 at Target, finally. Grabbed one up. Still no sign of Rodan anywhere, including the NECA store on E-Bay so I just said "fuck it" and ordered one from another store on E-Bay. Same price, just ehhh. Prefer buying direct. Also ordered a NECA Newborn Alien 'cause my damn Xeno Hive can't stop getting bigger. And, finally, stumbled across the Sega Premium Godzilla '19 on Mandrake super cheap and decided to buy one.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Bought these two from Mandarake. Both tagged, $30 shipped. I've been looking for Gomess for a while. Bemular was an added $8 bonus :P

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Didn’t buy this (friend gave it to me as an omiyage from the area he lives in and I thought it was cool).

Kanazawa castle had a promotion with Godzilla. There’s a cool one with Ghidorah as well.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

This week's neca haul:

Nes Godzilla
Poster 54 Godzilla
Chrysalis Xenomorph.

For those that have Archanid and Razor claws Xenomorphs, what are your guys opinions on those?
I have scorpion, Cobra, and Chrysalis xenos at the moment. I'm not really fond of Razors design and Archanid looks generic. Do they have any fun articulation bits or is pretty much standard neca stuff? I'm little more picky with Xenos than Godzilla.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.