What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by MandaSaurus »

Pre-ordered Mattel's Amber Collection JP Velociraptor 6.5-inch figure at GameStop. FYI, it was announced at SDCC 2019 that the Amber Collection( 6-inch scale collector line )would be a GameStop Exclusive, and that the first two offerings, Ian Malcolm and the JP( first movie )Velociraptor are now available to pre-order. Owen Grady and Blue will be available later. Get 'em while ya can, folks! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Got the Shin “Zou” Godzilla store exclusive, as well as a repaint of the Ghidorah in Blue(looks dope).
They had some cool gashapons as well, and luckily I got the Ghidorah one. Image
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

NECA Razor Claws, Chrysallis and Arachnoid Aliens. Wasn't even planning on adding them to my growing Xeno Hive... But when I stumbled across them in person, I had to.

NECA Freddy vs. Jason

My second version of Jason, following Part 7. Looks like this'll be the last NECA Jason for sometime until the character's rights get sorted out. Hope NECA does a Freddy from the same film to go along with. Loved his look in the film as well.

- Bandai Deluxe Alien Chibu Exceller and Bandai Deluxe Super Grand King Fire

And, finally pulled the trigger on...

Bandai Universal Exclusive GvE King Ghidorah

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

MM Raids Again wrote: And, finally pulled the trigger on...

I’m going to Tampa Comic Con. There will be two G importers there. I know the yen price is around $65 from Universal JP. What do you think a reasonable $ amount is for EVA KG would be?
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MoK 13 wrote:

I’m going to Tampa Comic Con. There will be two G importers there. I know the yen price is around $65 from Universal JP. What do you think a reasonable $ amount is for EVA KG would be?
I just paid $75 on it, shipped. So I'd say no more than $80, which seems to be the general floating price. Even Mandrake has them listed for around 6,000 Yen ($58 or so) non-shipped when they're available. I just never see them available in time/when I have the funds. Don't fall for the fandom scalpers that will try and sell them for like double/triple their MSRP.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Have the FvJ Jason's started popping up in stores yet? Looking to pick one up but id rather buy it in person
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
MoK 13 wrote:

I just paid $75 on it, shipped. So I'd say no more than $80, which seems to be the general floating price. Even Mandrake has them listed for around 6,000 Yen ($58 or so) non-shipped when they're available. I just never see them available in time/when I have the funds. Don't fall for the fandom scalpers that will try and sell them for like double/triple their MSRP.
Thank You Sir. Right in line with my thinking. One of the importers I have been buying from for years & is usually GTG on new Bandai vinyls.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MM Raids Again wrote:
MoK 13 wrote:

Totally agree with your conclusion. Just got my own for $70, anything more than $80-$85 is a scam. You can find them pretty fairly priced with the right people

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Just picked up the NECA Rodan and FvJ Ultimate Jason from GameStop.

Need some advice on Jason, would you folks recommend I keep him unopened due to the rights being on hold for value purposes or go ahead, break the seal, and display him?
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Stump Feet wrote:Just picked up the NECA Rodan and FvJ Ultimate Jason from GameStop.

Need some advice on Jason, would you folks recommend I keep him unopened due to the rights being on hold for value purposes or go ahead, break the seal, and display him?
I can't believe I'm saying this, since I never keep figures in boxes, but I'd leave him unopened. I don't really know Friday the 13th all that well, but wasn't there some dvd set that got super expensive because of a rights thing?

Or is it a rights thing strictly with NECA?
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

The Firday the 13th lawsuit involves everything Jason related and FvJ is the last figure NECA was allowed to produce of the character until the rights clear up, which might be never if I grasp things correctly.

Meaning we'll never see another movie or ounce of merch involving him again.

It definitely pains me to keep him in the box sealed but that's why I bought him so hey, what can yah do?
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Stump Feet wrote:The Firday the 13th lawsuit involves everything Jason related and FvJ is the last figure NECA was allowed to produce of the character until the rights clear up, which might be never if I grasp things correctly.

It definitely pains me to keep him in the box sealed but that's why I bought him so hey, what can yah do?
Get two :D

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:The Firday the 13th lawsuit involves everything Jason related and FvJ is the last figure NECA was allowed to produce of the character until the rights clear up, which might be never if I grasp things correctly.

Get 5
1. Take out and display him
2. Keep MIB
3. To sell
4. For backup
5. A backup for your MIB figure

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

goji89 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:

Get 5
1. Take out and display him
2. Keep MIB
3. To sell
4. For backup
5. A backup for your MIB figure
That is funny.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Picked up SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Woz today!

Last edited by Darth Kiryu on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Had a couple dollars burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to pick up the large JAKKS Ghidorah set with the Argo and destructo building.

Hate how undetailed Ghidorah is but I love the size and needed a 2019 Ghiddy in my collection, the GMK just wasn’t doing it for me anymore
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Stump Feet wrote:Had a couple dollars burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to pick up the large JAKKS Ghidorah set with the Argo and destructo building.

Hate how undetailed Ghidorah is but I love the size and needed a 2019 Ghiddy in my collection, the GMK just wasn’t doing it for me anymore
Not sure if you're into repainting things, but you'd be astonished what a coat of actual gold paint (compared to whatever "gold" they used for the mold) will do to that mold. Just makes the figure pop.

I know they're targeted for kids, but I rather enjoy the Jakks releases for what they are.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

The ugly yellow doesn’t bother me so much, it’s the lack of mouth color and I’d love to be able to repaint but my oldend eyes would never allow me to get the amount of detail I’d be satisfied with.
Long Live The Sting

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Stump Feet wrote:The ugly yellow doesn’t bother me so much, it’s the lack of mouth color and I’d love to be able to repaint but my oldend eyes would never allow me to get the amount of detail I’d be satisfied with.
Fair enough. For the price point, can't really go wrong with those releases. Agreed on the lack of mouth paint.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Oh definitely not, fourteen bucks isn’t that bad at all, just two bucks more than the standard Bandai America figure.

Before today, the only Ghidorah I had in my collection was the BA GMK and I’ll jump at any reasonable priced Ghidorah if I can find one.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting