Ultra-Act Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Re: Ultra-Act Thread 2.0

Post by Castellan Zilla »

mikenes wrote:It seems that nobody can win an argument with Manda...
Just find it hilarious that he gets some sense of superiority from maybe getting his figure before someone else. lol
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
mikenes wrote:It seems that nobody can win an argument with Manda...
Just find it hilarious that he gets some sense of superiority from maybe getting his figure before someone else. lol
...and NO ONE ELSE does that, right? Give me a break...

Why do you order from AmiAmi, then, CZ? Please...

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

lol this argument is so off-topic.
Anyway, $40 for Manga Ultarman seems like a really good deal. I'll probably pre-order it later.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

1tisoygoji wrote:lol this argument is so off-topic.
Anyway, $40 for Manga Ultarman seems like a really good deal. I'll probably pre-order it later.
If yer gettin' free shipping, then yeah...

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

MandaSaurus wrote:
Why do you order from AmiAmi, then, CZ? Please...
Import Master Race.

Seriously, if you have Amazon Prime, it's just the easier way to go. Even if you have to wait a little longer for a figure to pop up.
1tisoygoji wrote:lol this argument is so off-topic.
We are still posting in relation to when we get figues and where we order from, so not really. :)

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

Castellan Zilla wrote: We are still posting in relation to when we get figues and where we order from, so not really. :)
True.
:D

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ This is hilarious. I have been listening to YOU, CZ, and OTHERS, crowing about how quick you get your figures, for YEARS now. AI is NOT known for their speedy shipping. So, if this ain't a case of the Pot calling the Kettle, BLACK, than I don't know what IS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Amazon is known for your speedy shipping, if you have Prime with the two day shipping. Been saying that for awhile now, you just can't comprehend it. I can order a figure Thursday and it's in my hands Saturday, that beats out AI by a longshot.

While AI MIGHT get the figure in stock sooner than Amazon, but there is still some other factors that I feel detract from AI. The biggested one being putting down money for a preorder. There are many who don't like the practice, I'm one of them.

And I import figures only if it's going to be cheaper. In the cases of some SHMAs, it's not.

But think what you want Manda. :)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Wah-Wah-Wah... What I said still stands, as it's the truth. But perhaps you have a short memory, CZ...

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

JoeJai wrote:^^
I agree, Jean-Killer is a MUST have! I remembered the feeling of winning the auction on Ebay for "only" $75, i was so happy! And when it came in mail, i realized it's legs/Feet were dye-cast metal!! I was even happier. Good times good times! Purchasing Jean Killer also convenience me to finish the Ultimate Zero Force. :huge:
In the same boat :P I'm really thinking of getting Mirror Knight and Jean-Bot.
mikenes wrote:As for the Jean-Killer figure, I've been trying to get one of those for the longest time! He really does look cool, but I have yet to score one with a good price.
I'll keep an eye out. Your best best is to get one in a Used state. New/Sealeds always go for 100+. However, degine "Good price" :P I payed ~$85 shipped for mine. All in all, that's not bad.

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

Personally i had never used AI, but i have amazon prime and i can tell you that Amazon Prime is too good to be true, one time prime didn't deliver the package on the day it was delivered. I reported to Amazon, and they ship me another package. Then the next day, the package that i missed came. So .. i ended up receiving 2 package instead of 1.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Just a general question, is there a difference between the Ultra Act Gaia and Agul V2s and the originals?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Just a general question, is there a difference between the Ultra Act Gaia and Agul V2s and the originals?
Ultra-Act Gaia (Tamashii Exclusive), Ultra-Act Gaia V2, Ultra-Act Gaia (Supreme Tamashii Exclusive), Ultra-Act Agul (Tamashi Exclusive)& Ultra-Act Agul V2 all share the same body type 2.0. *With Ultra-Act Gaia (Supreme)'s arms being alter a bit to suit it's effect part/finishing move* So pretty much Only paint job, accessories and effect parts are different.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ False. Agul V1 & V2 are actually different molds. Gaia V1 & V2 are the same mold, but different paint. Gaia Supreme is also a whole new, bulkier mold. Effects also vary with every single figure. I own all these figures, so I know what I talk about.
Size DOES matter!

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

There are many who don't like the practice, I'm one of them.
Bingo. I will wait a good month to buy a new release, especially an expensive one, before I go in and buy it. Why? Ask SHMA King Ghidorah and his stupid wings. Ask X-Plus Ghidorah and his wings... and all his issues. Hell, I even waited on Otachi.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

Petezilla wrote:^ False. Agul V1 & V2 are actually different molds. Gaia V1 & V2 are the same mold, but different paint. Gaia Supreme is also a whole new, bulkier mold. Effects also vary with every single figure. I own all these figures, so I know what I talk about.
I own all those figures too... They are the same mold.. Body Type 2.0, just because Supreme is bulkier doesn't mean it's not the same mold..
Every thing after Ultra-Act Astra (old Ver) uses the new Body Type 2.0.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Agul V2 is not the same body cast as Agul V1. Gaia Supreme is brand new body cast.

I know it's small, but here is a picture showing the size difference.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

mikenes wrote:Agul V2 is not the same body cast as Agul V1. Gaia Supreme is brand new body cast.

I know it's small, but here is a picture showing the size difference.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx253/ultramandyna/Agul%20comparison.png
I can see the difference...

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

My apologize, i guess my definition of "molding" is different than your. To me as long as their body type 2.0, i am going to say their same molding. :|

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Ultra-Sack Thread 2.0

Post by Petezilla »

No bullshit, you can now pre-order a 40m (!!!) tall ULTRA-ACT Ultraman at the BANDAI Tamashii Web Shob. For real!!!
Only 78 Mio JPY... and they'll come to your place and put it up with cranes!!! Awesomeness!!! :huge:
Anyone willing to get me two...?!?! :roll:

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000097103/

Size DOES matter!