S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:So now that toiei changed another thing from dragon ball do you think that if they made a Bardock, will it be his original cooler look or his boring redesign?
I have no idea what you are talking about, but Bardock is just another lame Goku repaint, so if Toriyama changed him, that's a good thing.
He's talking about the Bardock redesign seen in "Dragon Ball (Minus)" and the beginning of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. And, I guess if Bardock is a "lame Goku repaint," that makes Turles, Goten, and Goku Black lame as well. I guess they are, sort of. Regardless, I like them all.
Turles is definitely very lame. Goten isn't exactly a Goku repaint.

As for Goku Black, eh, it depends.

However, I don't recall Bardock's design being that much different in Minus, but still, that is Toriyama's official design for him, so it's okay in my book.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:So now that toiei changed another thing from dragon ball do you think that if they made a Bardock, will it be his original cooler look or his boring redesign?
I have no idea what you are talking about, but Bardock is just another lame Goku repaint, so if Toriyama changed him, that's a good thing.
He's talking about the Bardock redesign seen in "Dragon Ball (Minus)" and the beginning of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. And, I guess if Bardock is a "lame Goku repaint," that makes Turles, Goten, and Goku Black lame as well. I guess they are, sort of. Regardless, I like them all.
Bingo!

Added in 22 minutes 6 seconds:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote: but Bardock is just another lame Goku repaint, so if Toriyama changed him, that's a good thing.
However, I don't recall Bardock's design being that much different in Minus, but still, that is Toriyama's official design for him, so it's okay in my book.
Ok
A. Bardock is not just another "lame Goku repaint". He's more of a war veteran type.
B. Not everything that Toriyama changes is always for the better. With that logic then changing the ssj transformation from a powerful force to be reckoned with just to bbecome something activated by a -------- back "tingly" thing is for the better then. Plus there were extremely cringy moments in db super that made me drop it forever.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Well the SS forms were only created because Toriyama didn't want to always color in black hair, so yeah...

Super wasn't done by Toriyama. He gave them the basic idea and Toei created the rest themselves. Super was just a slightly better version of GT.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote: Turles is definitely very lame. Goten isn't exactly a Goku repaint.

As for Goku Black, eh, it depends.

So, Goten isn't just a small Goku? Goku Black "depends," so hey, so does Bardock. Can we all agree that Dragon Ball Z portrayed Bardock as a tougher character, though?

I'm hoping to see a Bardock figure. I haven't gotten into collecting Dragon Ball figures yet as I only have so much money, but I'd like to get one or two someday. He's one of my favorites, along with Gohan and Piccolo.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

So when are they going to reveal more classic Ultra villains? All they've announced recently are modern figures.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Picked up my Ultraman Zero Beyond today. He looks fantastic, but his left hip won't move sideways. Apparently none of the big English-speaking reviewers got him, so I don't know how much of a problem this might have been, but it's extremely annoying. I've tried hot water, dish soap, olive oil, an X-acto knife... I'm about ready to tear a premium Bandai figure apart just to get a better look at the joint connection to see if there's paint fusion...

Plus, the color timer likes to fall out at the slighest breath.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Darth Kiryu wrote:Picked up my Ultraman Zero Beyond today. He looks fantastic, but his left hip won't move sideways. Apparently none of the big English-speaking reviewers got him, so I don't know how much of a problem this might have been, but it's extremely annoying. I've tried hot water, dish soap, olive oil, an X-acto knife... I'm about ready to tear a premium Bandai figure apart just to get a better look at the joint connection to see if there's paint fusion...

Plus, the color timer likes to fall out at the slighest breath.
I passed on it myself, as I'm getting the cheaper Ultra Action Figure version myself in Feb, but I know some the other genre reviewers got him like Steven's Toy Reviews and ScorpioCesar so lookout for their reviews at some point soon.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

My brand new replacement Ultraman Jack just came in today and I was faced with the exact same QC issue as I did before : the fucking balljoint broke out. What is my life coming to?!

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Hey Gang, here's my Gudon review! Pretty good for the most part, but not without a couple of quirks.

ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

LegendZilla wrote:My brand new replacement Ultraman Jack just came in today and I was faced with the exact same QC issue as I did before : the skreeonking balljoint broke out. What is my life coming to?!
Aw that sucks to hear my dude! That's weird cause most of the reviews state that he's a solid release.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GojiDude95 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:My brand new replacement Ultraman Jack just came in today and I was faced with the exact same QC issue as I did before : the skreeonking balljoint broke out. What is my life coming to?!
Aw that sucks to hear my dude! That's weird cause most of the reviews state that he's a solid release.
I appreciate your sympathy.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

LegendZilla wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:
So what are you gonna do now?
Third times the charm?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GojiDude95 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote: Aw that sucks to hear my dude! That's weird cause most of the reviews state that he's a solid release.
So what are you gonna do now?
Third times the charm?
I seriously don’t know.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Which balljoint? I'm getting ready to review mine, which is fine, but if anyone is having issues it might be worth mentioning. LMK!
ULTRAZILLA TOYS

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Salzilla wrote:

Which balljoint? I'm getting ready to review mine, which is fine, but if anyone is having issues it might be worth mentioning. LMK!
The right hand-balljoint.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: The right hand-balljoint.
Shoot, that joint is pretty tight on mine as well now that I'm fiddling with it. I can see it breaking. I'll definitely be mentioning it. Sorry to hear this happening to you, but appreciate the info.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS

Silver Saucer
Samurai

Post by Silver Saucer »

Does anyone know a good place to score some of the recent Ultraman Kaiju for a good price?
New or used, more specifically Antlar, Goudon and Twin Tail.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Silver Saucer wrote:Does anyone know a good place to score some of the recent Ultraman Kaiju for a good price?
New or used, more specifically Antlar, Goudon and Twin Tail.
You can still get Twin Tail for retail, but good luck with the other two. Antlar is around 10,000yen and Gudon is around 9,000yen.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

It would be a good idea to check out Mandarake.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Where do you think I got the prices?
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.