S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:You know, I have never understood the hype for Eleking, honestly. I don't think he really did much in Seven to warrant the love people give him.
Personally, I'm hoping for Badu or Iron Rocks next. Not only did they do so much more (especially Badu), but they were both in outstanding episodes and Iron Rocks has some massive significance by being a living ship.
Like it or no, Eleking is THE most iconic monster from a Ultraseven and on of THE most iconic in the whole franchise.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

About time we get a Super Buu announced!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:Like it or no, Eleking is THE most iconic monster from a Ultraseven and on of THE most iconic in the whole franchise.
Okay, why?

BTW, can't believe I forgot to put the Dinosaur Tank in my previous post. :freak:
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Like it or no, Eleking is THE most iconic monster from a Ultraseven and on of THE most iconic in the whole franchise.
Okay, why?

BTW, can't believe I forgot to put the Dinosaur Tank in my previous post. :freak:
He just is. You might as well ask why Mothra and Ghidorah are so iconic for Godzilla.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Okay, why?

He just is. You might as well ask why Mothra and Ghidorah are so iconic for Godzilla.
There has to be something that made him that way though.

Ghidorah became inconic because it took three monsters to take him down. Mothra also became such because she was the underdog who took on Godzilla and won in larva form.

Eleking didn't accomplish anything and got his head chopped off.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:THE most iconic in the whole franchise.
That might be a stretch. I'm a moderate Ultraman fan, at best, and I would consider Gomora or Baltan more "iconic", personally. I hardly even care about Eleking.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Okay, why?

There has to be something that made him that way though.

Ghidorah became inconic because it took three monsters to take him down. Mothra also became such because she was the underdog who took on Godzilla and won in larva form.

I haven't seen a lot of Ultraman but if I were to guess why Eleking is iconic, it's his unique design and his usage in other series like Mega Monster Battle and that one where he's a chibi team pet (think it was Max?). I think everyone just wants Ultraseven's version because its the first one and seems like the most likely bet Tamashii would do.

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Boba Fett from Star Wars being a feared bounty hunter didn’t accomplish anything other than stand there and look cool 99% of the time in Empire and then get his ass handed to him by a farm boy and a blind man in Jedi. Look how iconic he is regardless of that.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Boba Fett from Star Wars being a feared bounty hunter didn’t accomplish anything other than stand there and look cool 99% of the time in Empire and then get his ass handed to him by a farm boy and a blind man in Jedi. Look how iconic he is regardless of that.
How is Boba Fett relevant? It's completely incomparable.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Bird boy arrived today.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Birdman wrote:Bird boy arrived today.
Who?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

LegendZilla wrote:
Birdman wrote:Bird boy arrived today.
Who?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
True, but then Star Wars fans are one of the most toxic fandoms out there, so I don't even bother trying to figure out why anyone would like a waste of space like Boba.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Next SHF Ultraman announced: Ultraman Rosso Ground. Web Excl. in May 2019. The 6th character from Ultraman R/B in a row...
Size DOES matter!

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

I'm not gonna bother with the web exclusive forms.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Jesus, how many versions of Red and Blue are there? The show just started not too long ago and it seems like there are already 6 figures announced.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Jesus, how many versions of Red and Blue are there? The show just started not too long ago and it seems like there are already 6 figures announced.
Because it's so easy to pump them out. All they have to do is create four separate body moulds, change the black-and-white patterns between the brothers, plonk on the corresponding head and voila! Eight figures for minimum effort!

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Birdman wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:Jesus, how many versions of Red and Blue are there? The show just started not too long ago and it seems like there are already 6 figures announced.
Because it's so easy to pump them out. All they have to do is create four separate body moulds, change the black-and-white patterns between the brothers, plonk on the corresponding head and voila! Eight figures for minimum effort!
lol They still haven't even done any villains from R/B from what it looks like.

Speaking of Ultra Figuarts, I wish they would reveal a new 66 or 67 monster/alien already. From the way it looks right now, Antlar will be the final one for 2018.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Clearly you have not heard of the Tamashii Nations Event exclusive SHF Ultraman Orb Dark Noir Black Schwarz.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Birdman wrote:Clearly you have not heard of the Tamashii Nations Event exclusive SHF Ultraman Orb Dark Noir Black Schwarz.
Orb Dark Noir Black Schwartz.......???