S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
The Higgs Boson
Monsterland Worker

Re: S.H. FiguArts

Post by The Higgs Boson »

All of these new Dragon Ball and Star Wars figuarts. This will definitely keep me satisfied until Monsterarts starts back up.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

What the freak is Tamashii thinking? These "prototype" Ultras are basically using the Kamen Rider body type (hip area). That may give them better articulation, but the Ultra-Act look better in my opinion. Still, what the freak is going on?

Arkadi
Samurai

Post by Arkadi »

Seems like it was a pretty bland event after all, all I wanted were Garo figrues and nothing was shown, still no mention of Leon much less anything new :mad: guess I'll preorder the anniversary figure and call it a day.
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Arkadi wrote:I just noticed SHFA has some Garo figures, do you guys own any of them? Which would you say it's the best?
http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuarts/Garo/Garo03.JPG

http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuarts/Garo/Garo07.JPG

http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuarts/Garo/Garo05.JPG
inb4 late reply Is the one on the left an equip and prop? How are the joints compared to the figuarts?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

The Higgs Boson wrote:All of these new Dragon Ball and Star Wars figuarts. This will definitely keep me satisfied until Monsterarts starts back up.
Pretty stoked for the Star Wars figures. Might only get a few. But Chewbacca, Han Solo, and General Grievous are musts.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

I gotta say, 2016 is turning pretty good for Figuarts at the least. I am getting pretty much most of the figures I have wanted from Tamashii since the beginning, Bowser (though he is unacceptably small), Tony Stark, General Grievous, and Obi-Wan Kenobi (ep2), Dragonball GT Goku, and a redo of Wargreymon.

Things shown that I would love to see that aren't being made correctly or yet, that bloody Diaboramon! After all that time waiting and an obvious proto of an articulated version they make him a damn ZERO... and a crap pose.... Tamashii... why couldn't you have just stuck metal wire into the arms and articulated the rest of it??? It took you 3 years and ignoring your entire fanbase/customers pleads for an articulated figure to figure out that you couldn't be bothered and again s.h. lazyarts ZERO for you....
And where is Buu??? He was shown before the movie figures were even a thing.

Interestingly also is the emphasis on Western franchises now which seems to counter what they always implored about Japan coming first with them. I cry bulls**t. Monsterarts has no excuse now.

Soo, very eh about 2016 overall. Will be buying those top ones (if they actually come out in 2016)... but well have to see more for the year before I can see the reasons behind these changes big and the crap year 2015 was on a whole.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Keep in mind that the WarGreymon isn't really a redo. It's based on his appearance in the Our War Game film.

This is why with the SHF WarGreymon you get alternate hands, in the movie Diaboramon rips his gauntlets off and WarGreymon fights with his bare hands.

Kaijugriffey
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kaijugriffey »

g2vd wrote:I decided to test what 20th has said by comparing the Ultra Act Ultraman Zoffy with SHFA Ultraman Zoffy.

FiguArts
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56CBD08A

Ultra Act
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/8 ... L1500_.jpg

Please keep in mind though that with the quality of the Figuarts picture, it is hard to make a exact judgment when comparing it to the close up HD Ultra Act version.
It looks like the UltraAct has a better looking sculpt. But It also looks like the Figuarts likely has better articulation.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Hmm....

expandkong
G-Force Personnel

Post by expandkong »

Resized Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Are SHFs much smaller than UAs? I hope Baltan and Zetton get released, but I'm scared they are gonna be dwarfed by my UAs, both Ultras and Kaiju.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Okay, if Baltan and Zetton are getting released, I take back ANY negative shit I said about FiguArts doing Ultraman!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Nice. If these actually see the light of day they'll be instant purchases.
Castellan Zilla wrote:Are SHFs much smaller than UAs? I hope Baltan and Zetton get released, but I'm scared they are gonna be dwarfed by my UAs, both Ultras and Kaiju.
If the Figuarts Manga Ultraman is any indication, we should be good.

Figuarts can vary in size depending on the line, but most aren't too much smaller than the Ultra-Act figures.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

Oh look, it's two of the figures we should have gotten ages ago. But glitter tiga was such a huge priority, ya know?

I'll be happy once they're in boxes and available for purchase.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

I have to agree with Godzilla 2000. Once they are in my hands, I'll honestly be more stoked. They could drop these like a bat habit like they've done with so many other supposed future releases.
Last edited by Castellan Zilla on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Any indication of release window for these Ultra figures?

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Awesome.

Bye bye, Ultra-Act.
Something tells me your not a fan of Ultra-Act? :P.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

The FiguArts Kamen Rider figures are smaller in comparison to the Ultra-Act figures. Quite honestly, I am not happy about what Tamashii is doing, however, If and only if the Baltan and Z-ton figures are in the Ultra-Act scale, then I will be happy. But this does not make sense to me. Why would they make FiguArts Ultraman? I guess it make sense if what they are trying to do is milk us for even more money by releasing these new versions of the Ultras and luring us by the prospect of them releasing Baltan and Z-ton. It just doesn't sit well with me...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GIGAN05 wrote:
Something tells me your not a fan of Ultra-Act? :P.
Not true! I have the renewal Ultraman and Belial and love them both. Tamashii just seems a little pre-occupied with putting out boring variant after variant and characters I don't personally care about.

I think they're trying a more cost-effective way with Figuarts; since they're smaller, more can be made and for a lower price. And I support that decision. I wanted Ultra-Act Seven and the Ultra Brothers, but it would've ended up costing me over $200 for them all. With Figuarts, the price would be closer to $150, depending on what they're going to charge for them.

Kaijugriffey
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kaijugriffey »

Is anyone else hoping that the release those buildings as some sort of add on set? I have oh so many uses for those!

As for those bemoaning or wondering about the apparent loss of the Ultra Act line. It could very well be that they are simply rolling the line into SHFA. This could very likely be a very good thing. At least for fans in North America. Remember the SHFA line is starting to get some retail penetration here via Barnes & Noble and a few other sources. This could simply be a matter of simplifying and pushing the better known international branding. I mean would it not be a good thing to be able to find Ultraman related figures and characters at local stores?