S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Was never a fan of giving the Ultras capes anyway, so I'll be skipping regardless. Now where's my god damn SHFA Tyrant?
They gotta pay for Tyrant's production somehow lol That's how I'd like to look at it
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mac Daddy MM wrote:Was never a fan of giving the Ultras capes anyway, so I'll be skipping regardless. Now where's my god damn SHFA Tyrant?
They gotta pay for Tyrant's production somehow lol That's how I'd like to look at it
at this point, they're prolly gonna release him like next year. -_-
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So after watching the first three episodes, i'm really hoping Tamashii gets around to an Ultraman Z figure. Or at least the other forms of the New Generation Ultramen one day.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

So, no new S.H.Figuarts Ultraman reveals at Tamashii Features 2020...? That's something new and quite unexpected...
Size DOES matter!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

"Chant my name!"

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I'm no FiguArts collector, but wanted to share this image from my local comic shop which is currently clearing out SHF stuff. All the Ultraman stuff is 50% off (keep in mind these prices are in CAD, which is 35% higher than USD at the moment)
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

It’s actually about 35% lower than USD. As in those prices would be less when converted to USD. For example that Ultraman in the yellow box at the bottom right is listed at 92.99 CAD which is only $68.48 for the US.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Fermix wrote:I'm no FiguArts collector, but wanted to share this image from my local comic shop which is currently clearing out SHF stuff. All the Ultraman stuff is 50% off (keep in mind these prices are in CAD, which is 35% higher than USD at the moment)
0-0 You lucky duck!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

canofhumdingers wrote:It’s actually about 35% lower than USD. As in those prices would be less when converted to USD. For example that Ultraman in the yellow box at the bottom right is listed at 92.99 CAD which is only $68.48 for the US.
Your first sentence doesn't make sense with the rest of your post.
Last edited by Fermix on Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Fermix wrote:I'm no FiguArts collector, but wanted to share this image from my local comic shop which is currently clearing out SHF stuff. All the Ultraman stuff is 50% off (keep in mind these prices are in CAD, which is 35% higher than USD at the moment)
think you can middle-man me that ultra man victory? :P
your source of self destruction

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

master_of_monsters wrote:
think you can middle-man me that ultra man victory? :P
I've done it a couple of times with this comic shop. I did it with the Kong SHMA a few years back with somebody on the boards here, and I did it with a rare NECA Predator that was being clearanced for ~$7 USD. I don't do it anymore (at least not outside of Canada) because the shipping can be somewhat expensive and I usually ask for some funds (~$20 CAD) for it to be worth my time, which some found to be contentious and left a bad taste in my mouth.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Fermix wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:It’s actually about 35% lower than USD. As in those prices would be less when converted to USD. For example that Ultraman in the yellow box at the bottom right is listed at 92.99 CAD which is only $68.48 for the US.
Your first sentence doesn't make sense with the rest of your post.

Oh I see what’s happening, it’s the same as when my wife and I talk about time zones. She’ll say the east coast is an “hour later” than central time (meaning 5 pm CST is 6pm EST, an hour later), whereas I’ll say it’s “an hour ahead” (meaning EST reaches 6pm an hour before CST does).

You’re saying the actual number marked on the tag is 35% higher than it would be if it was USD. I’m saying the value of the Canadian dollar is 35% lower than USD and so the prices would also be lower. We’re saying the same thing, just looking at it from different angles.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

canofhumdingers wrote:Oh I see what’s happening, it’s the same as when my wife and I talk about time zones. She’ll say the east coast is an “hour later” than central time (meaning 5 pm CST is 6pm EST, an hour later), whereas I’ll say it’s “an hour ahead” (meaning EST reaches 6pm an hour before CST does).

You’re saying the actual number marked on the tag is 35% higher than it would be if it was USD. I’m saying the value of the Canadian dollar is 35% lower than USD and so the prices would also be lower. We’re saying the same thing, just looking at it from different angles.
Ah okay, that makes more sense. The 35% conversion + the 50% discount is a double whammy. That $93CAD for Ultraman Victory becomes about $35USD after conversion (which, I don't know the original MSRP but I imagine that's a good deal).

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

I live in Toronto. Is this shop anywhere close to me? I'd like to make an in-person visit

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Sachiel wrote:
I live in Toronto. Is this shop anywhere close to me? I'd like to make an in-person visit
Yeah I'll PM you

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Two releases for December.

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GojiBerries
Samurai

Post by GojiBerries »

So, it looks like the re-releases might have differences from the original releases, though I don't know if this applies to the other showa ultraman figures or only ultraseven. I do prefer the darker eyes and more accurate pupils but this one seems to have a fudged up neck, hope that's not a prevalent issue like the og releases. -_-
Last edited by GojiBerries on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
To love humans, you must know them. You must learn their strengths and weaknesses, beauty and ugliness. Only when you know both sides can you love this planet. - Ultraman Jack

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

It looks like the S.H. Figuarts Ultraman line may be splitting off into its own separate line once again

https://ultra.tamashii.jp/

Lucky Dragon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lucky Dragon »

The wording makes that seem like its just a information portal for people who enjoy the ultraman stuff.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Early look, I guess.
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.