S.H. FiguArts Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: S.H. FiguArts Discussion

Post by UltramanGoji »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote: Too expensive
Get a job.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

GreenScar wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote: - The Guyver
Yes please! Would also love to see them do Samurai Troopers or the Beetle Borgs. I know they already do Ultraman stuff but I seriously want them to do some Ultraman X figures.
The Beetle Borgs have already gotten SHFA treatment.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Get a job.
I admittingly laughed harder then I should have.

I'll be honest and say the Revoltech's have jumped so much in price it's not even worth it. However, the Masterpieces are still around and nothing more of a <insert of 1/10000 size line here> can't fix if your strapped for budget. The TF Customizing fanbase is real and they offer better parts for decent prices so that's not really an issue.

OT: Figma might have a better chance since they have a Blizzard IP but Heroes of the Storm or Blizzard IP's in general. Namely the Warcraft universe characters. Articulated Deathwing, Garrosh, Illidan and Lich King will sell like hotcakes.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

MM Raids Again wrote:So, changing topic a little bit, what other franchises/movies/characters would you like to see get SHFA treatment? Myself:

- The Walking Dead: Would love to see SHFA Rick and Negan at the very least.
- Rick and Morty (SHFA Pickle Rick FTW)
- Resident Evil
- Mortal Kombat
- The Guyver
Oh yes, Guyver definitely. The figmas are good, but there's no doubt Bandai's attempt would be nigh perfect.

Total fantasy though, Max Factory owns the master license I think, no way they would give it to competition.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Geed Primitive arrived early. This is my first humanoid Figuarts and I must say, compared to the Ultra-Acts, it's far better to pose and swap accessories.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Hey Gang,

Working through my back log of reviews, here's my review of S.H. FIGUARTS ULTRAMAN ORB ORB ORIGIN!

https://youtu.be/J1mvR6jpw7Q
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Get a job.
damn. I have no words

Added in 8 minutes 50 seconds:
I have a couple. My Godzilla 2000 special color version and my 2004 Gigan. Im afraid people are going to say Im a spoiled brat considering Im 12, but who cares. The Gigan was an X-mas gift and I sold my unused motorcycle to get the Godzilla as well as put the rest of the money in the bank for when I grow up. Yes they're pricey, but I say its worth it. Better than Neca quality, but some people might want to stick with Neca for the deal. Either way, I still love my SH MonsterArts :g2k: but it would be nice if they made a MUTO. :muto: I think they need to get the rights from legendary
Oh oh, they say he’s got to go, go go Godzilla! :g2k:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Diamondshark9 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Get a job.
damn. I have no words

I have a couple. My Godzilla 2000 special color version and my 2004 Gigan. Im afraid people are going to say Im a spoiled brat considering Im 12, but who cares. The Gigan was an X-mas gift and I sold my unused motorcycle to get the Godzilla as well as put the rest of the money in the bank for when I grow up. Yes they're pricey, but I say its worth it. Better than Neca quality, but some people might want to stick with Neca for the deal. Either way, I still love my SH MonsterArts :g2k: but it would be nice if they made a MUTO. :muto: I think they need to get the rights from legendary
Wrong chat there, champ.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

Maritonic wrote:
Diamondshark9 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Get a job.
damn. I have no words

Wrong chat there, champ.
WHOOPS. Thanks fam. I'll repost it normally XD

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:

Added in 24 seconds:
Gosh darn it

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

FYI this is a repost because the other posts kept merging with others

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

No, hahhaha, I was saying you're posting about SH MonsterArts in a SH FiguArts thread.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

G1985 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:So, changing topic a little bit, what other franchises/movies/characters would you like to see get SHFA treatment? Myself:

- Resident Evil
- Mortal Kombat
- The Guyver
Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion creatures.
Oh fuck yes :huge:

Added in 6 minutes 42 seconds:
Also I would love some AKIRA figures like Tetsuo w/ cloth cape plz, a Kaneda w/ bike, and the rest of the capsules w/ bikes as well. Either them make figma I'll be fine with either since figma can make great anime figures.
Last edited by GojiDude95 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

- Resident Evil
- Mortal Kombat
- The Guyver

I'd like to see the titans from AoT, some new digimon and some monster hunter creatures
your source of self destruction

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Would it be cool to see Avatar : The Last Airbender or Legend of Korra Figures from this line?

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

sh figuarts dwayne johnson?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kinggoji1962 wrote:sh figuarts dwayne johnson?
Already exists.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Get a job.
Not all jobs pay $100K a year. Add on top the cost for rent, utilities, groceries, etc, and he might not have enough to afford buying Masterpieces.

Hell, I would love to get into the X-Plus stuff for Godzilla, but some of them cost more than my paychecks occassionally.
Spoiler:
BTW, don't take my post too seriously as I know you weren't being serious either.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

Maritonic wrote:No, hahhaha, I was saying you're posting about SH MonsterArts in a SH FiguArts thread.

*internal screaming*
Aren't they from the same company tho? and do the tamashii nations buildings count on this thread? XD

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaiju no Kami wrote: Not all jobs pay $100K a year. Add on top the cost for rent, utilities, groceries, etc, and he might not have enough to afford buying Masterpieces.
Considering he's 16, i.e. still likely living at home, he doesn't have to worry about that stuff. 16's also the ripe ol' age for a part-time job. With at least one or two paychecks, he'll be able to afford one MP figure.
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Spoiler:
BTW, don't take my post too seriously as I know you weren't being serious either.
Spoiler:
;)
Diamondshark9 wrote: Aren't they from the same company tho? and do the tamashii nations buildings count on this thread? XD
They are the same company, but it's still better to use a separate thread for SHMA. And with the buildings, I don't think anyone really cares where you discuss it.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote: Not all jobs pay $100K a year. Add on top the cost for rent, utilities, groceries, etc, and he might not have enough to afford buying Masterpieces.
Considering he's 16, i.e. still likely living at home, he doesn't have to worry about that stuff. 16's also the ripe ol' age for a part-time job. With at least one or two paychecks, he'll be able to afford one MP figure.
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
;)
Diamondshark9 wrote: Aren't they from the same company tho? and do the tamashii nations buildings count on this thread? XD
They are the same company, but it's still better to use a separate thread for SHMA. And with the buildings, I don't think anyone really cares where you discuss it.
Well, thanks lol

Added in 23 minutes :
Im seeing some people saying that Figuarts are expensive, and I thought they were talking about MonsterArts (I learned that this wasn't a Sh Monsterarts thread the hard way XD) But really, most are affordable even by an kid with an allowance (take me for an example) sure, some are expensive for the quality *cough* bandai hobby buildings *cough* but most are like 35 to 45 bucks. Ah but Starlord, OH STARLORD AT $70 All I wanted was a Chris Pratt