Diamond Offers New Godzilla Sofubi Figures

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Re: Diamond Offers New Godzilla Sofubi Figures

Post by ILL GREEN »

'64? I thought it was Little Godzilla.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Color scheme does make it look like Little Godzilla that, now that you think about it.
M1's Godzilla 1964 figure, made to look like a vinyl version of the 1964 Godzilla had Marusan/Bullmark released one back in the 60s. It bares a pretty close resemblance to the vintage Gomess figure, which used the 1964 costume. Maybe that's where they got the idea.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

According to Flossie's, Diamond cancelled the G2k :? Anyone got info on the subject?

Heartless
G-Force Personnel

Post by Heartless »

ILL GREEN wrote:According to Flossie's, Diamond cancelled the G2k :? Anyone got info on the subject?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/image ... 0241lg.jpg
I would be very disappointed if this turned out to be the case. He was the one I was most looking forward to.. :/
"Sorrow begets solitude. The only thing you can have faith in is yourself."
自分に嘘つけば
自分を失うよ

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

;_; I always thought the G2K was coming out in May. That's the date they have everywhere. Also Seen some of those in pics from Japan so they do exist. I REALLY hope they haven't because been waiting on that one for months now and I preordered from ebay.

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Just picked up Burning Godzilla at Kirk Von Hammett's FearFestEVIL in San Jose this past weekend. I'm usually not a fan of these types of figures but honestly... it's like my new favorite! I love it and now I want more! Thinking about getting the 1968 or the 1984 next!

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

If you're talking about the Marmit 1984, I really recommend him. I snapped up an original color release and love him. Very nice mould and details and most of the colorways have been nice.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

It looks like the G2K figure was cancelled for Flossies. Everybody I contacted about it haven't heard word from Diamond about cancelling the figure so its still being manufactured. Their guess was that since 200 are being made, that there simply was not enough supply for Flossies to sell. The late worm gets the bird I figure.
codycameron09 wrote:Just picked up Burning Godzilla at Kirk Von Hammett's FearFestEVIL in San Jose this past weekend. I'm usually not a fan of these types of figures but honestly... it's like my new favorite! I love it and now I want more! Thinking about getting the 1968 or the 1984 next!
This was me a year ago :huge: Now I gotta fetish for Vinyl Paradise and Monster Heaven Marmits. Can't stop!!

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Yeah, the 1984 looks awesome being blue and black... but so does the 1968. I'm not abig fan of the 68 Godzilla suit just because for a while it seemed to be everywhere. But the more I think about it, I think of how cool would it be to have a Sofubi Godzilla toy from each era of films to show an evolution of the Big G. I already have a 54. I could use the 68 to show the hero/friendly side of him from the 60s/70s era, 1984 to show how they brought him back to his roots, the 1995 to show how they modernized him, and a 2000 to show the newest era.

Heartless
G-Force Personnel

Post by Heartless »

ILL GREEN wrote:It looks like the G2K figure was cancelled for Flossies. Everybody I contacted about it haven't heard word from Diamond about cancelling the figure so its still being manufactured. Their guess was that since 200 are being made, that there simply was not enough supply for Flossies to sell. The late worm gets the bird I figure.
Yeah, I figured since I haven't heard anything from the other retailers that it was more of an individual issue for Flossies. Sucks for Flossies but I'm just happy my order is still in tact. 8-)
ILL GREEN wrote:This was me a year ago :huge: Now I gotta fetish for Vinyl Paradise and Monster Heaven Marmits. Can't stop!!
You and me both. I must find a way to get that MH Orga re-release. *salivates*
"Sorrow begets solitude. The only thing you can have faith in is yourself."
自分に嘘つけば
自分を失うよ

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Heartless wrote:
ILL GREEN wrote:It looks like the G2K figure was cancelled for Flossies. Everybody I contacted about it haven't heard word from Diamond about cancelling the figure so its still being manufactured. Their guess was that since 200 are being made, that there simply was not enough supply for Flossies to sell. The late worm gets the bird I figure.
Yeah, I figured since I haven't heard anything from the other retailers that it was more of an individual issue for Flossies. Sucks for Flossies but I'm just happy my order is still in tact. 8-)
ILL GREEN wrote:This was me a year ago :huge: Now I gotta fetish for Vinyl Paradise and Monster Heaven Marmits. Can't stop!!
You and me both. I must find a way to get that MH Orga re-release. *salivates*
I'm guessing you were the one that snagged that Biollante for $60 at ebay a couple weeks back :mrgreen:

I had that in my bookmark but when I accessed it, it was already sold. :lol:

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Post by subatomic_Matt »

My G2K thru discountcomicbookservice.com was cancelled as well.
However, the notice says it'll be re-solicited.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Looks like Diamond releasing some more Godzilla sofubi. Cute ones. I want that giant Desugoji.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

^ Sexy pose Goji and evil scheming Goji.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

The napping and sleeping Godzillas have nice prices compared to the others. Any idea how big those are?

aoj
Ronin

Post by aoj »

Pretty sure at those cheaper prices they'll probably be a little smaller than the 9" ones.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

They'll probably be in the 5 1/2" to 6" range like the Bear '67 Godzilla.

The giant Desugoji might be 11" to 15" like the other Vinyl Wars. In fact, I think all the Vinyl Wars are giant sofubi.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Damn, I want a Sofubi Caesar now :(
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Another Entertainment Earth exclusive.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... UD3oORVK1E

aoj
Ronin

Post by aoj »

Thank you Diamond for bringing these to the US!