BUYER BE AWARE: The Ultimate Godzilla Bootleg Article

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Bootlegs Topic

Post by JVM »

I believe the rules say no links, but I figured we could have a topic just to discuss them.

I don't mind them, I own once myself. There's a lot of bootleg G64's appearing on eBay lately.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Bootlegs Topic

Post by attilagodzilla »

Igetted a whole set of botlegs when i was younger i dind't know they were bootlegs -_-
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

^ Lol. I'm not sure if he collects bootleg Godzilla related collectibles other than DVD's, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Topic's in the Toho section, let's try to focus on Toho stuff. Wataru made a topic in General for general bootlegs.

I don't buy bootlegs intentionally.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

i don't buy bootlegs because I'm not a thief.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

I only have bootlegs of the films that aren't available over here period or don't have a subtitled version available.

Bite me.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Jeez, people are being hostile. This thread isn't the 'BUY BOOTLEGS' topic.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Me coming into a thread on a forum dedicated to a property that required bootlegs for a long time is anything but hostile. It's snarky at best.

But unless you're getting really obscure shit, at this point there is no excuse for bootlegs other then to boost your nerd "street cred". I'd rather have a legitimate copy on my shelf then a a CD-case with the title scribbled on a plain disc with a sharpie. I'm sure the nerd bitches will be more likely to sleep with me.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i dont buy bootlegs of official figures and movies.

i do buy those cheesy knock off boots though. like those toys that "aren't supposed" to be Godzilla but clearly are.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

pretty much yeah

like this

Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

mylittleshiro
Young Farmer

Post by mylittleshiro »

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

i have that plushe godzilla figure 2 times :lol:
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i saw that at a flea market YEARS ago. wanted to buy it. told they guy id come back the next day with money. sure enough he was gone...

that douche :evil:

mylittleshiro
Young Farmer

Post by mylittleshiro »

Last edited by mylittleshiro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ That last one's a full boot? I thought it was like the Imperial one and just made years ago. I do own that one, though I own the green version.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

wataru wrote:It's a flea market... normally if all the stuff sells, they wont stick around. Or hold anything. Especially for a kid.
i meant he wasnt there that day... chill
Holy crap i have that figure! except he has gold sploches instead of silver. it was my first godzilla toy.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Is it possible to bootleg action figures? I swear, my friend keeps thinking his Cobra (G.I. Joe) figure is a bootleg. :lol:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

theres countless boots of figures from virtually every popular franchise.