Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

RedZillaKing

Re: Bandai Movie Monster Series (2014 Revival?)

Post by RedZillaKing »

Yeah if you look in the MUTO comparison pic the legs were turned out too much. So I bent them together to get them closer.

Worked pretty well:

More Goji I guess...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Yeh, not liking MMS G2014's 'pearly whites' very much, but I view it as a minor thing. After all, I only paid $12 for it...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Jomei wrote:The MUTO is a lot cooler when you have it in hand. It won't go down in history as one of Bandai's best vinyl figures, but it gets the character and is bigger than I was expecting.
Agree & agree. And BIGGER than anything currently available 'Stateside...

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Does anyone have a picture of the Muto showing the chest area? i want to see how it looks on the figure compared to the movie and mini figure.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Not a beautiful picture, but here you go-

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Thank you. It looks alright to me. It looks way better than the mini figure. That's for sure.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

The MUTO really has some nice shapely legs.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

I really like the head of it. I think the wings should've been like the 6" Destroyah figure's. It would've probably looked cooler.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I think the wings should've been like the 6" Destroyah figure's
You mean, so they would move on their own? That would have been cool. I actually think there needs to be some more skin on the wing/arm things, to show that the wings are folded in.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Yes. That would've made it cooler to pose and play with along with being more accurate. It did need more detailing too. It could've been way better, but still looks really awesome.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

The chest, legs and face seem fine to me, detail-wise - it's just the wings and the curled arms that look too simple to me. Even some simple lines would've looked better on those places than nothing - but, the toy looks just like the source, and to be fair, there's not very many clean full-body shots of the MUTOs in the film, so from what they could see, this one looks fine.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

First review of both

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

I'm holding out for HLJ. If I don't get Godzilla, I don't get him. Not really too concerned with it now.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Godzilla 2014 and the male MUTO literally just arrived at my doorstep a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd post a brief review with my initial thoughts.

It's easy to see why these are so popular right now, because they both look fantastic, especially for figures at this price point. Godzilla looks like it could have been based on the digital file of the character, just like the NECA version (in fact, I think I actually prefer the head of the vinyl figure to the 6 inch NECA release). The colouring for Godzilla is basic, but appealing, with a nicely blended sandy underbelly and appropriate painted details around the head. The figure doesn't look cheap at all, and it seems to be correctly proportioned; Godzilla also sports a surprisingly long tail, which is probably why the figure is a little shorter than one might expect. He should still look fine next to other vinyls, however.

The MUTO isn't quite as impressive, in my opinion, but there's really no fault with the sculpt; the largest MUTO figure to date looks to have all his on-screen details recreated as far as the sculpt itself is concerned. However, as with other MUTO toys, this one has an incorrect colour scheme that ignores certain details. Other nitpicks include the fact that the mouth is filled in (not uncommon for vinyls), and that the wings limit the number of poses the MUTO can adopt (it would have been nice if there had been an articulation point). Still, as the only 6 inch scale MUTO figure, it's pretty good and definitely worth adding to your collection if you are at all a fan of the design.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you guys are having trouble finding these. I did pay about $26 for each of these when I bought them from eBay, which is of course more than they were originally selling for. I don't regret the purchase though, and I think they are worth picking up at that price.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Thanks for the front view, he looks awesome from that angle.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Eh, I personally find the arms to look pretty awkward when viewed from the front.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

zilla92
Monarch Researcher

Post by zilla92 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Eh, I personally find the arms to look pretty awkward when viewed from the front.
I think the arms look better on the BC G14 (where they placed the joints) but he is still a nice figure. Hoping mine comes soon (backorder from HLJ)

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

I just don't really like the way the shoulders bulge out from the rest of the body, IMO.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

HLJ got in more of the EX Red King, above. What's the shipping on a 400 yen item? :lol: