Diorama Advice/Help Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Yin-Yang Master

Re: Diorama Advice/Help Thread

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:12 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:Mmm, Tohokyo isn’t mine (though I wish it were!). That’s ApexOversteer. In fairness, he did post that these exact effects pieces were available on bbts. I got mine from amazon, but it was his post that prompted me.

And yes, the G ‘65 is awesome and highly recommended if you have the chance to get one! The pose is so dynamic and lifelike! You can almost feel him stomping through the display.

Ahhh....my mistake.
Resized Image

ApexOversteer
Yin-Yang Master

Postby ApexOversteer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Oh man, those blast effects look amazing canofhumdingers!

I'm currently learning my new Canon EOS Rebel camera, and haven't really added much to Tohokyo lately... I did take a cool quickn'dirty pic of my NECA '62, posted over in the creative pics thread...

Here's the raw, unedited image...

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Small update. Added some perimeter strips underneath to reinforce the base and make it sit level due to the wiring.

Added in 1 month 8 days 13 hours 6 minutes 24 seconds:
Worked on the destruction area a bit. Tried to get a blast area look going. Still have all the finer details left (people, street signs, poles , cars etc...) think the next thing to do is to spray entire diorama in a clear matte finish.

Added in 2 hours 38 minutes 48 seconds:
Just hit it with the matte finish and blended it all nicely imo.

Added in 5 hours 39 minutes 27 seconds:
& a little more for today. Added the street lights.
Resized Image

canofhumdingers
Samurai

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 pm

That is really coming together nicely! Not gonna lie, I'm more than a little envious! Can't wait to see more

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Thu May 16, 2019 1:03 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:That is really coming together nicely! Not gonna lie, I'm more than a little envious! Can't wait to see more

Thank you coh. Haven't been dedicating regular time to it and have to be feeling it otherwise it's not enjoyable so it's taking quite a while. I was a little nervous when I started painting the destruction on the base but I am happy with the way it came out so far. Cars have to be painted and assembled so that is my next challenge.
Resized Image

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”