Diorama Advice/Help Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Diorama Advice/Help Thread

Post by Kaijunator »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
Plexton wrote:Premium Bandai diorama set
IDR this ever being a thing. I wanted it to be one. When was this released? Where can I buy it?
Good luck finding it. Would only be available on the Japanese secondary market.
Ugh. Probably for $200+ too.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

^The set was 25,920 yen originally, but it's naturally going for more than that on the secondary market now. It does show up on eBay, but you can expect to pay some outrageous prices.

Here's the original page:

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000090545/

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I have the set, its fit for Ultra Acts and 500s or anything at a 5 to 7 inch scale. Its a showcase piece and you can use it for your own movies or bragging rights. It cost me $346 with shipping included.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Shared via a FB Group -

VERY Good tutorial for a D.I.Y with great results!

All comes down to texture files, and how creative you want to get with it. You can actually take paper clips and cut them short and stick them in broken sky scrapers to represent steel beams.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Neca just posted some print off buildings if anyone is interested. Specifically for Godzilla.

EDIT: The buildings are drop outs, my bad.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Backdrops not drop outs lol. They arnt high school students.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

They aren't high school students.... SpaceG92.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

So, I'm thinking of taking on a huge project (huge for myself, anyway) in 2017 and creating a city display for future Godzilla vs. Destroyah monsterart figures.

I was looking through these pages, and some of your ideas have been REALLY helpful.

I don't think I've seen this posted, but this looks like a cool ebay shop to pick up 3D printed Z scale buildings. http://www.ebay.com/sch/outland_models_ ... pg=&_from=

Haven't decided how I'm going to make my buildings just yet. I'm SUUUUUPER new to this. Never done anything like it. Going to mess around with cardboard and cheap stuff at first I think. Might pick some of these cool buildings up too, though.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Akunin
Samurai

Post by Akunin »

Maritonic wrote:So, I'm thinking of taking on a huge project (huge for myself, anyway) in 2017 and creating a city display for future Godzilla vs. Destroyah monsterart figures.

I was looking through these pages, and some of your ideas have been REALLY helpful.

I don't think I've seen this posted, but this looks like a cool ebay shop to pick up 3D printed Z scale buildings. http://www.ebay.com/sch/outland_models_ ... pg=&_from=

Haven't decided how I'm going to make my buildings just yet. I'm SUUUUUPER new to this. Never done anything like it. Going to mess around with cardboard and cheap stuff at first I think. Might pick some of these cool buildings up too, though.
If scale is important to you I would reconsider using z scale buildings for the SHMA. For example, a building in z scale to be properly represented in relation to Burning Godzilla, big G would stand just under 18". Something around 1:700 scale is more accurate (1:650ish) and can be far less expensive way to go. Check out the various shops on Shapeways as there are TONS of prints that can be bought in this and other scales as well.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Akunin wrote:
Maritonic wrote:So, I'm thinking of taking on a huge project (huge for myself, anyway) in 2017 and creating a city display for future Godzilla vs. Destroyah monsterart figures.

If scale is important to you I would reconsider using z scale buildings for the SHMA. For example, a building in z scale to be properly represented in relation to Burning Godzilla, big G would stand just under 18". Something around 1:700 scale is more accurate (1:650ish) and can be far less expensive way to go. Check out the various shops on Shapeways as there are TONS of prints that can be bought in this and other scales as well.

Thank you very much for your advice.

This is my first time doing something like this so I'm like a deer in the headlights and have pretty much no clue what I'm doing haha. I've never really paid much attention to scales.

I'll look into the shops on Shapeways.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Thought this thread was to show off some really cool dioramas
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Thought this thread was to show off some really cool dioramas
No? It's an advice/help thread.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Are the Polka Papercraft buildings in scale with the Wargames buildings, or at least are the Wargames streets in scale with the Polka buildings?
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Kaiju Addicts posted a great article about using X-Plus kaiju with N-Scale (1:150) buildings.

http://www.kaijuaddicts.com/building-ci ... buildings/

I own a number of the building models he shows, and I can attest that they do look good with 30 cm kaiju. Of course, there's nothing preventing you from using them with smaller-scale figures, too.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

What scale of building do you think work best with the Sh Monsterarts Godzilla 2000? Like the movie accurate size. This has probably been asked before. Sorry if it has. It's for my upcoming stop motion shorts and potential film.
This is the beginning of the end.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:What scale of building do you think work best with the Sh Monsterarts Godzilla 2000? Like the movie accurate size. This has probably been asked before. Sorry if it has. It's for my upcoming stop motion shorts and potential film.
I would say either Z scale or T scale. (The correctly scaling would be in between these two, but there isn't a scale that you can buy that fits that criteria). T scale would probably put SHMA and other 6 inch figures at about 70-80 meters while Z would put them at about 30-40 meters.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Plexton wrote:Kaiju Addicts posted a great article about using X-Plus kaiju with N-Scale (1:150) buildings.

http://www.kaijuaddicts.com/building-ci ... buildings/

I own a number of the building models he shows, and I can attest that they do look good with 30 cm kaiju. Of course, there's nothing preventing you from using them with smaller-scale figures, too.

Those buildings look awesome with the X-Plus figures.

Starting to wish I went down the X-Plus path with this Godzilla vs. Destroyah display instead of S.H. Monsterarts.

Hitting quite the roadblock with the buildings, to be honest. I'm either far too impatient or not skilled enough to make my own from scratch, and there's clearly no proper scale for these guys. Kind of at a loss as to what to do or how to progress here. I'm very bad at this stuff. I wish tamashii had more of their buildings available in other designs and sizes.

Any advice here, fellas? I'd love to make the buildings for financial purposes, but I dunno.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

**this is a work in Progress, and my first time uploading an image on TK**

I have been working on my city since November of 2016. It's for Godzilla figures of all sizes. Forgive me if images dont show, they may just be a link.

I did it!!!!! Yeah images like me now!!!! Anyway, I also added a little beach with waves to go along side my city, if you look in the distance by Godzilla's feet you can see it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:**this is a work in Progress, and my first time uploading an image on TK**

I have been working on my city since November of 2016. It's for Godzilla figures of all sizes. Forgive me if images dont show, they may just be a link.

I did it!!!!! Yeah images like me now!!!! Anyway, I also added a little beach with waves to go along side my city, if you look in the distance by Godzilla's feet you can see it.

Awesome!!

Dig the differences in the buildings you have. And I also really dig the little beach waves you got going on. :D

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
Hey, does anyone know a good site to get paper model templates? Kinda at a loss. Thanks guys!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I'm working on my city diorama, but I still have no clue on how can I make the streets, Should I print them?, Or maybe just paint them?
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/