Diorama Advice/Help Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: City Diorama / Buildings for Kaiju Figures

Post by Kaijunator »

JoeJai wrote:Anyone know where i can get this for cheaper?.. Pre-Order ended.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Premium-Ban ... 4ae2670abb
I think that's like the Gaurda for SHMA.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

LazerWhale wrote:
Hybrid Gojira wrote:If someone could put together a brief cheat sheet of how tall a few of the scales make the Heisei SHMA figures, I'd really appreciate it.

It seems like 1/700 is the closest to the movies, but 1/450 might be easier to find and would make the monsters look large (70 meters?).

Is that correct?
I can't make the cheat sheet, but I can help with the scaling.
The original release of Godzilla is around 15.24 cm tall, which makes it 1/656 scale. Best to use 1/650 or 1/700 scale with it
In general, most MonsterArts figures scale well with the first release, so a 1/700 or1/650 scale should look decent with them as well.

Burning Godzilla and the vs. Destroyah cast are on a slightly larger scale, however. 1/650 should be the minimum scale for this group.

Godzilla 1964 is actually on a larger scale, despite his smaller size. Go for 1/350 if it's available. What's interesting to note is that this makes G'64 the only MonsterArts figure in scale with Neca's 24" Godzilla.

Godzilla 2000 works best on a scale from 1/400 to 1/350.

Kiryu is on a scale of 1/350 and over.

G'14 is on a 1/700 or at the most, 1/650 scale, putting it in rough scale with the earlier MonsterArts figures.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! I really appreciate the info. Now I have to find a happy medium for all of these scales and get something that works with the majority of my collection.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

Kaijunator wrote:
It is actually for Ultra Series Figure 500, but will also work with Ultra-act and SH monsterart too. Problem is i couldn't find this anywhere else for $250-300 price range. It's like $400 + -_-

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Hybrid Gojira wrote: Thanks! I really appreciate the info. Now I have to find a happy medium for all of these scales and get something that works with the majority of my collection.
It was no problem, hybrid. I'm somewhat addicted to scaling experiments, so this was an intriguing attempt. Wasn't hard to do after I found the heights for the figures (though converting them into metric so I could properly use them was somewhat annoying).
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

JoeJai wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
It is actually for Ultra Series Figure 500, but will also work with Ultra-act and SH monsterart too. Problem is i couldn't find this anywhere else for $250-300 price range. It's like $400 + -_-
What I mean is the same thing that happened with Garuda is the same with the set. Both had been available for a good price, and then they went up to $200-400.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

Kaijunator wrote: What I mean is the same thing that happened with Garuda is the same with the set. Both had been available for a good price, and then they went up to $200-400.
Ahh i see i see, hahas. My best bet is to wait and see if anyone selling it in Mandarake few weeks after it releases.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

JoeJai wrote: Hey thanks for the reply, would you might taking some photos with the ultra act figure and the Ruinscape/Cityscape diorama.

I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

Can't believe i actually bought this, This better be worth it!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Premium-Ban ... 4ae2670abb

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
JoeJai wrote: Hey thanks for the reply, would you might taking some photos with the ultra act figure and the Ruinscape/Cityscape diorama.
https://41.media.tumblr.com/d7dc92b392a ... o4_500.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/f23cd14aa4e ... o3_500.jpg
Where do I get those buildings?
This is the beginning of the end.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

JoeJai wrote:Can't believe i actually bought this, This better be worth it!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Premium-Ban ... 4ae2670abb
Its worth it. Bandai manufactered as many as were preordered so its a one shot deal. I plan to use mine for making stop motion shorts when it arrives in February. I hope Toho Effects paks fit in with this because I noticed no damaged building models in this set. As if Ultraman is gonna have a clean fight and avoid buildings :g2k:

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

Castellan, can you post some pics of Ruinscape with some Shma G figures? And maybe some wide shots of the city so I can get an idea of how big it is?
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Hybrid Gojira wrote:Castellan, can you post some pics of Ruinscape with some Shma G figures? And maybe some wide shots of the city so I can get an idea of how big it is?
Well, according to the web page, the city is six feet or 183 centimeters long, four feet/122 centimeters wide. It's also on an 11mm scale, which, according to standard model scale conversions, is roughly a 1:27 scale. Unfortunately, this means that a six-inch S.H.M.A. Godzilla would look as though it were 4.1 meters tall, rather than the hundred meters it should be. Still, based on Castellan's pictures, many figures do look impressive among the buildings.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

LazerWhale wrote:
Hybrid Gojira wrote:Castellan, can you post some pics of Ruinscape with some Shma G figures? And maybe some wide shots of the city so I can get an idea of how big it is?
Well, according to the web page, the city is six feet or 183 centimeters long, four feet/122 centimeters wide. It's also on an 11mm scale, which, according to standard model scale conversions, is roughly a 1:27 scale. Unfortunately, this means that a six-inch S.H.M.A. Godzilla would look as though it were 4.1 meters tall, rather than the hundred meters it should be. Still, based on Castellan's pictures, many figures do look impressive among the buildings.
LOL I think you've got the math wrong. 1 inch = 27 feet would make a 6" SHMA Godzilla 162 feet tall or roughly 50 meters tall. The 1964 figure would be a good fit for this city!

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

G1985 wrote: LOL I think you've got the math wrong. 1 inch = 27 feet would make a 6" SHMA Godzilla 162 feet tall or roughly 50 meters tall. The 1964 figure would be a good fit for this city!
Actually, 1:27 scale would be 1 inch = 27 inches. That would be way too large. The Ruinscape city is more N scale, or 1:160. For Godzilla to be 50 meters, the scale would have to be 1:333. For Heisei scaling, it would be 1:666. The only scale that fits within those parameters is T scale at 1:450, which would put Godzilla just under 70 meters.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

G1985 wrote:
LazerWhale wrote:
LOL I think you've got the math wrong. 1 inch = 27 feet would make a 6" SHMA Godzilla 162 feet tall or roughly 50 meters tall. The 1964 figure would be a good fit for this city!
It's 11mm scale, as in 11 millimeters per foot, not an inch per foot. Six inches is 152.4 millimeters, divided by 11 per foot making a value of 13.8 feet or 4.2 meters.
But,

Lest We Forget

JoeJai
Monsterland Worker

Post by JoeJai »

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Did your diorama came with Red-King? He was suppose to be included when you preordered from P.Bandai, but it seems no one got him.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Model buildings? Eh, I just use the Descruction city and the movie POD buildings. I also make buildings out of grey and white legos. And for the signs and logos on the buildings, I use red and blue legos.
Last edited by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 on Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

photosurrealism
Ronin

Post by photosurrealism »

Anybody done anything withe giant JAKKS G14? I just got one and wanted to make a display for him. If you make him the size he's supposed to be in the new movie, I'd think you might be able to get away with N-scale. But maybe I should make him smaller so he won't be taller than everything? Anybody done anything cool with it here?