Toy Spotlight: Gigabrain

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Toy Spotlight: Gigabrain!

Post by Captain Aktion »

The blue Ghidorah would look a lot better if they had applied some kind of paint to the teeth. It almost looks like the world's best bootleg as it is.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

Captain Aktion wrote:The blue Ghidorah would look a lot better if they had applied some kind of paint to the teeth. It almost looks like the world's best bootleg as it is.
All the ghidorah's they've released this year are solid color except for the eyes. The prior editions have paint on the teeth. They could have added some highlights, but it's not a deal breaker for me and I got this for metallic blue paint, not highlights.

The metallic sheens are a brilliant hue. This really wouldn't be confused for a bootleg by anyone since Ghidorah boots are tremendously small. Also, a uniform color scheme =/= bootleg by default. Plenty of legit toys have 1 color and they don't look like boots.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

I have to say I was a little skeptical of these figures at first but I have to say these are really grown on me. I don't own any as of right now but from the ones I have seen that my friends own they are very unique and pretty neat addition to any collection. Which brings me to ask if I were to get a couple to include in my collection which ones would you suggest in buying?

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

DoubleDam21 wrote:I have to say I was a little skeptical of these figures at first but I have to say these are really grown on me. I don't own any as of right now but from the ones I have seen that my friends own they are very unique and pretty neat addition to any collection. Which brings me to ask if I were to get a couple to include in my collection which ones would you suggest in buying?
All of the sculpts are great. Just get what you like...you cannot go wrong with any of the godzilla sculpts and the hedorah is probably the best hedorah out there. I need to get one myself. Obviously I love their KG. The Gigan is also fantastic.

Basically, high priority on any of them except for monster x. It'd be wrong for you to start a gigabrain collection with monster x.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

leunames wrote:Also, a uniform color scheme =/= bootleg by default. Plenty of legit toys have 1 color and they don't look like boots.
Of course I know that, it just stands out as missing.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Brandon O'Brian
Monsterland Worker

Post by Brandon O'Brian »

I love Gigabrain figures, especially MosuGoji and Ghidorah. It is a shame they are too expensive for me to get.
- Brandon O'Brian
"Good music is always simple" - Akira Ifukube

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

I have no idea if this has already been mentioned or not, but it appears Gigabrain is reissuing their Zone Fighter figure

http://homepage3.nifty.com/gigabrain/
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

Jomei wrote:Meh. Any whispers about a new sculpt? I know it's usually a year or two between them for Gigabrain.
Guessing not for some time. Gigabrain seems to be on a reissue kick. Surprised this zone fighter is the same colorway. Yawn.

subatomic_Matt
GPN Volunteer

Re: Toy Spotlight: Gigabrain

Post by subatomic_Matt »

I am becoming deeply in lust with that King Ghidorah.

Want one so bad!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

subatomic_Matt wrote:I am becoming deeply in lust with that King Ghidorah.

Want one so bad!
Not the only one :( I really want to hunt down a Gigabrain Ghidorah and Gigan eventually. No doubt he would be on my priority list along with his cyborg cohort.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Start from page 1, it will answer you question. Just a line of figures.

expandkong
G-Force Personnel

Post by expandkong »

What is this thread? What's a gigabrain?
Has some of the best sculpts of any kaiju figures ever! (Especially that king ghidorah)
Resized Image

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Leunames wrote:I love the metallic blue KG. it's sheen is absolutely fantastic
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/43498657@N05/12415478504/]
This is an very belated reply, but that metallic King Ghidorah looks sick......just awesome.

A few days ago in Nakano Broadway, I saw a purple Gigabrain KG....I should have taken a photo, but it was behind glass unassembled and crammed with a bunch of other unrelated tokusatsu figures, so it would have been shitty anyways.

*Sigh*, the good ol' days of Gigabrain making figures....it was fun while it lasted.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

As cool as the metallic blue Ghidorah is, I'd still take the default gold one ay day. That's just me though, I'm an Accuracy-Nazi when it comes to toys.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Benagon
Samurai

Post by Benagon »

I've had a purple Ghidorah for awhile now and I've got a gold on the way. Would love to get a black one. Gigabrain is fantastic.

Benagon
Samurai

Post by Benagon »

I wish I had a list of all the different variants that have been done for each sculpt. That'd be cool.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

The first few pages have a pretty comprehensive, albeit not complete checklist of the Gigabrain variants.

ClubTokyo helps too.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

Sorry If I'm necroing but http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabrain-King- ... 1668580113 is this Gigabrain Gold King Ghidorah legit? It doesn't have a painted tounge or teeth which the original gold versions did. i know some of the latter variants had non painted mouths but I wasn't sure if another gold variant without mouth paint had been made. Also I'm not sure if it's just the camera but the gold isn't as shiney as I have observed the legit ones to be. Anyone have any idea? (also sorry if this is the wrong place to put this)

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I was gonna ask about this, but I didn't.

The only issue I'm seeing would be the open mouth on each head. This paint variant was available at Summer or Winter Wonfes but all of the heads had a closed mouth.....

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

After looking at the Gigabrain figures I really want Hedorah, Godzilla 1964, Godzilla 1962 and King Ghidorah.
Godzilla