The NECA Godzilla discussion thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Re: The NECA Godzilla discussion thread

Post by g2vd »

Wait BC said they might do the Mutos in 2015 where did they say that.
Godzilla

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

By the time anyone makes good articulated MUTOs the next movie will already be on DVD, SOMEONE PICK UP THE SKREEONKING BALL ALREADY!
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

g2vd wrote:Wait BC said they might do the Mutos in 2015 where did they say that.
Chris reported it in the Bandai Creations thread. They said that IF they do them, March 2015 would be the earliest we'd see them. No guarantees, but the MUTOs are 'on the burner' at BC...

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

MandaSaurus wrote:
g2vd wrote:Wait BC said they might do the Mutos in 2015 where did they say that.
Chris reported it in the Bandai Creations thread. They said that IF they do them, March 2015 would be the earliest we'd see them. No guarantees, but the MUTOs are 'on the burner' at BC...
Yes that's awesome.
Godzilla

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

g2vd wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
Yes that's awesome.
meh, I don't collect vinyls low detail and limited posability
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

....as opposed to NECA, where apparently they aren't even thinking about it. But that's Randy 'I Don't Care What You Want, I Make What I Want' Falk for you... :?

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

MandaSaurus wrote:....as opposed to NECA, where apparently they aren't even thinking about it. But that's Randy 'I Don't Care What You Want, I Make What I Want' Falk for you... :?
so apparently with NECA the customer is always wrong even when there is a substantial business opportunity that's practically served to them on a silver platter :eh:

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

Goddamn, you guys are acting like spoiled children who didnt get their juice. Get over it.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Goddamn, you guys are acting like spoiled children who didnt get their juice. Get over it.
Ironically, where I work, if the 'spoiled children' don't get their juice, riots can ensue... :lol:

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Goddamn, you guys are acting like spoiled children who didnt get their juice. Get over it.
just like how people act over 98

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Chris55 wrote:
"Spoiled Children" get shit done if their voices are loud enough.
" Fortune favors the brave, dude." - Newton Geizler

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

They're legitimate complaints. NECA is fully capable of doing MUTOs, but it seems like they just don't want to.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Well apparently.....
-_-

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

A made-up excuse for their stupid truth? Or were the Minifigures part of a different deal?

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Unit~NoA wrote:Well apparently.....
http://i.imgur.com/wUD2Ea7.png?1
-_-
this has got to be the worst excuse I've ever heard, this is even worse than a dog eating homework -_-

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Starsteam wrote:A made-up excuse for their stupid truth? Or were the Minifigures part of a different deal?
Different deal most likely. NECA probably got a license to make small Mutos figures. But not the license to make 7 inch fully articulated figures.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Starsteam wrote:A made-up excuse for their stupid truth? Or were the Minifigures part of a different deal?
Different deal most likely. NECA probably got a license to make small Mutos figures. But not the license to make 7 inch fully articulated figures.
either way they probably could get the consent to make larger MUTOs if they really WANT to but they don't, because they would rather make variants

IndyJ
Yojimbo

Post by IndyJ »

KingZillla wrote:They responded to my tweet.
Nice question, I wouldn't mind a G2002/2003 figure as well. What's good for NECA too is that if they made a 2002 figure, they could repaint/retool it into a 2003 figure. They do like repaints anyway. Though for me I'd hope a G2000 comes out first.

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Re: NECA Godzilla Classics Poll

Post by Undertaker Goji »

Bumping for the sake of another thread in which MUTOs and why NECA's not doing them is likely to be discussed.
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.

Undertaker Goji
Monarch Researcher

Post by Undertaker Goji »

Gosh people, no offense, but I don't think TohoKingdom members represent a significant enough protein of the fandom for us to claim that the demand for MUTOS is abundant. Now, if anyone has data from non-TohoKingdom members to prove me wrong, I'll happily agree with you. Sure, we'd be the ones buying the figures, but we're not necessarily a large enough population to justify it. But for now, that's my two cents.

In other news, I could easily see NECA releasing a toy that has traits of both Miregoji and KiryuGoji, and then retooling it as Tokyo SOS Godzilla. Considering Godzilla 1994 doesn't look exactly like any one Heisei suit,, it wouldn't surprise me if they do something similar for the suit(s) in Godzilla 2000-Tokyo SOS.
"You can call this the new world order of professional wrestling brother!"
-Hulk Hogan, WCW Bash at the Beach 1996
Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Wow. The last few pages have been interesting. Ranging from Mssr. French calling people who missed out on a piece & those who bought a re-paint 'dumb skreeonks' to GTU suggesting commando hit squads should take out scalpers. What a day... :lol:
Welcome to another day in the TK SHMA thread.