Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KaijuAlertSystem
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by KaijuAlertSystem »

The 30" figure will probably be pretty low quality, but people are going to buy it for the size alone and not much else.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I could see people buying up the 30" figure hoping it'd become as saught after as the Super Premium figure from Bandai, but I really think that'll bite them in the ass.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I feel like kids won't jump on the 30" figure much until after the movie is out. Even then, I've seen plenty of Supermans and Darth Vaders on shelves in Kmart and Walmart for the past few months.

When is the JAKKs figure suppose to come out anyway?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I would imagine most companies will have products on shelf between March and May, but who knows, when was the design finalized or who wanted to move forward with toys risking the final render differing, cuz companies do that too some times.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

^What is a kid suppose to do with a 30 inch Superman anyway, he's too big to fight other toys. With a huge Godzilla, they can make him stomp around and attack the pet cat. Way more fun that a childsize doll.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Yeah, it's pretty much going to be a huge Bandai vinyl in terms of articulation. Which works good for Godzilla. The fact that Darth Vader and Superman don't have any elbow joints (unless I didn't see it) was rather a turn off with their stiff arms. Godzilla doesn't need elbow articulation, especially since this Godzilla appears to have small arms .

GMANIFESS
Samurai

Post by GMANIFESS »

My kids have both the 31" Supermen & 31" Darth Vader. They love them. It's all about imagination. From the ages of One to Seven, a lot has been had with those big toys so don't sell them short. Go beyond the collector mind-state. And then remember the joys the old heads had with the Shogun Warriors figures. Even when we lost the fists we still had fun.

ALSO:

The 31" Jakks Pacific figure will be THE BIGGEST Godzilla toy (not kit) ever created. Any fan would be foolish not to own this especially since it will probably be under $40. When your used to paying $10 an inch for a SH Monsterart figure, it's a nice change of pace to pay almost a dollar per inch for a historic figure. Plus wasn't there were hints that a 31" Muto figure would be made as well.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

It's great how many possibilities we are now getting for big G after all these years. It's a great time to be a Godzilla Fan/Collector! :mrgreen:

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

As I was mentioning yesterday on the wrong forum because of some kid, could we expect anything from Japan besides the SHMA? Maybe gashapons or something?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

starsteam wrote:As I was mentioning yesterday on the wrong forum because of some kid, could we expect anything from Japan besides the SHMA? Maybe gashapons or something?
I'm sure we'll get something.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GMANIFESS wrote: The 31" Jakks Pacific figure will be THE BIGGEST Godzilla toy (not kit) ever created.
I don't own one, but how big is the Super Premium Godzilla?

This is the current biggest Godzilla toy as far as I know.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:I don't own one, but how big is the Super Premium Godzilla?
Vinyl Madness has it clocked in at nearly 25 inches, so about 2 feet tall. The Jakks figure will rival it in size vastly.

I'm just hoping the Jakks figure comes out decent looking.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SpaceG92 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I don't own one, but how big is the Super Premium Godzilla?
Vinyl Madness has it clocked in at nearly 25 inches. So about 2 feet tall. The Jakks figure will rival it in size vastly.
Mary and Joseph...

I'm gonna need a bigger shelf.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I'm taking a wait & see approach on Jakks' Big Goji. What they HAVE released does not reassure me. 'Long underwear' characters & armored SW dudes do not require the attention to detail, that ANY Goji suit requires. Kinda like SHMA vs Ultra-Act. What Jakks has released so far, would fall into the 'Ultra-Act' camp. Now, they are going after something that falls into the 'SHMA' camp. I don't see how they're gonna pull it off...

GMANIFESS
Samurai

Post by GMANIFESS »

Manda2012 wrote:I'm taking a wait & see approach on Jakks' Big Goji. What they HAVE released does not reassure me. 'Long underwear' characters & armored SW dudes do not require the attention to detail, that ANY Goji suit requires. Kinda like SHMA vs Ultra-Act. What Jakks has released so far, would fall into the 'Ultra-Act' camp. Now, they are going after something that falls into the 'SHMA' camp. I don't see how they're gonna pull it off...
AGREED. The poses & the 7 points of articulation are not reassuring either.
I truly hope they 'break the mold' & go beyond the price point of $30 if they have to in order to get it right. Maybe give him bigger packaging to accommodate the tail. I just can't see a Shogun Warrior pose working for this Godzilla.

thrillazilla
Ronin

Post by thrillazilla »

Can't wait for a 6" vinyl of this new Godzilla.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Lol from what I've seen of Ultra-Act there's nothing that bad about them. I really like how Gomora looks, but sadly he's far too expensive now.

The fact it was implied they are 'cheap' looking boggles my mind.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

The Higgs Boson
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Higgs Boson »

Where have you guys found news of a 30" Godzilla figure? I've only seen preorders available for a 2ft Godzilla on ToyWiz.

The Higgs Boson
Monsterland Worker

So its over 2 1/2 feet!? Damn, I need it.

The Higgs Boson
Monsterland Worker

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
The Higgs Boson wrote:So its over 2 1/2 feet!? Damn, I need it.
Ever see those big scale Darth Vader's and Superman's at stores? Gonna be from the guys that do those.
Yeah, I looked them up after hearing about it. Superman and Batman look ok, but Darth Vader and the Trooper look great. Godzilla is probably going to be twice as thick as them, and we will most likely have to attach the tail onto him.

Btw, ToyWiz has a March release date.