Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1601
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by kiryuzilla »

ChunkyGodzilla wrote:
Wahooo!!!
I used my puppy dog eyes & little boy voice & my wife bought it for me. :g2k:
I used my puppy dog eyes and little boy voice and my wife bought me the blind bag figure. It was outta our budget, but we did it.
Known as KingKong19100
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMxokP ... G3cPzAWKlQ
Website: http://kingkong19100.wordpress.com/2014 ... -complete/
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

User avatar
ultrazilla
Interpol Agent
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by ultrazilla »

ChunkyGodzilla wrote:
Wahooo!!!
I used my puppy dog eyes & little boy voice & my wife bought it for me. :g2k:
You lucky man or boy should I say lol.
Image

User avatar
FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:43 pm
Location: Troy, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

My local Kmart is getting ready to close down. Even though my store never carried them initially, they suddenly have 10 Jakks Pacific Giant Godzilla's on sale at a discounted price. I am tempted to go back and buy some so I could maybe sell them at a later date. :P
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

User avatar
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5077
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by GFAN198423 »

For anyone who missed out, NECA is apparently reissuing the 24" HTT Godzilla.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

User avatar
Mechagigan
Futurian
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Mechagigan »

I wonder if it'll hit stores?

User avatar
SJM925
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by SJM925 »

GFAN198423 wrote:For anyone who missed out, NECA is apparently reissuing the 24" HTT Godzilla.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Careful, may be new old stock.

User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer
Posts: 7508
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

That's what I was thinking. NECA doesn't often do re-releases without an announcement, and they didnt announce anything Godzilla related on Twitter. Not that I saw atleast. However, if it's old stock, why would it take till October to arrive?
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

User avatar
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5715
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Godzilla165 »

GFAN198423 wrote:For anyone who missed out, NECA is apparently reissuing the 24" HTT Godzilla.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Awesome for anyone who missed that bad boy I guess. It still holds the title of best G14 figure for me.
Image


Image

#BotM

User avatar
SJM925
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by SJM925 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:That's what I was thinking. NECA doesn't often do re-releases without an announcement, and they didnt announce anything Godzilla related on Twitter. Not that I saw atleast. However, if it's old stock, why would it take till October to arrive?


Could be from a distribution center or something

User avatar
Nathus214
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am
Location: Somewhere in hell

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Nathus214 »

Chris55 wrote:
gigan72 wrote:
Chris55 wrote: Nope.
Why? What made them cancel it?
That's one of the stupidest decisions i've seen, tbh. They didn't even release one to see how they would sell. Man I would've bought the whole line if they imported them.
That's not really how it works in most cases. For example, you can make toys all day long if you want but if stores don't want to carry them, why make them? Stores don't want to carry merchandise that will sit on shelves when there are other hotter sellers out there.

A new Godzilla will be on store shelves in the fall of 2016 though. More on that when everything gets worked out.
"H-Hey guys remember me?"
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Ben Shapiro wrote:Just got back from Endgame, the audience all fell to their knees during Godzilla’s trailer. The weeping and applauding grew so loud towards the end- it was almost deafening. The trailer was so good in fact, nearly everyone rose from their seats as soon as it was over and just left!

Talk about a reaction.
Monster Hunter shill

User avatar
Mechagigan
Futurian
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Mechagigan »

Did anyone really expect BC to follow through? :?

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations
Posts: 2626
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Chris55 »

Nathus214 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
gigan72 wrote: Why? What made them cancel it?
That's one of the stupidest decisions i've seen, tbh. They didn't even release one to see how they would sell. Man I would've bought the whole line if they imported them.
That's not really how it works in most cases. For example, you can make toys all day long if you want but if stores don't want to carry them, why make them? Stores don't want to carry merchandise that will sit on shelves when there are other hotter sellers out there.

A new Godzilla will be on store shelves in the fall of 2016 though. More on that when everything gets worked out.
"H-Hey guys remember me?"


I've rarely heard from Bandai at all in the past year. If you like, you can message them directly

http://www.bandai.com/support/customerservice.html
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

User avatar
ChunkyGodzilla
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by ChunkyGodzilla »

gigan72 wrote:The new Sideshow Godzilla is up for pre-order over @ BBTS and directly from Sideshow.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles ... es-200365/
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Resized Image
Resized Image
It came Wed :g2k:

Image

Image

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Sazer
Posts: 11238
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by MandaSaurus »

Wow, this thread sure needed dusting off...

Bandai's G2014 Destruction City. Some guy on eBay is selling them - ones with GREY buildings, mind you - for prices ranging from $46 to $453. Cannot find ANYTHING in the solicitations stating how one is different from another! Input - about actual values for the set, AND what this joker is up to - would be welcome... :eh:

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 16079
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by UltramanGoji »

Some had grey buildings, some had blue/green buildings. That's pretty much it. A running change and nothing more.
Image

User avatar
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Plastic Beach

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Grunkle Sans »

MandaSaurus wrote:Wow, this thread sure needed dusting off...

Bandai's G2014 Destruction City. Some guy on eBay is selling them - ones with GREY buildings, mind you - for prices ranging from $46 to $453. Cannot find ANYTHING in the solicitations stating how one is different from another! Input - about actual values for the set, AND what this joker is up to - would be welcome... :eh:
Wait, what's the big deal about grey buildings? All of the ones I saw in stores were grey (I have a set with grey buildings)
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 11173
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by goji89 »

They were supposedly rare and many had the green or blue buildings in stores. But you know how it goes with these.

User avatar
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5077
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by GFAN198423 »

I think they were rare, and somehow, some stores seemed to almost get nothing but while others got none, I think the distribution was very strange. Around me I only ever saw blue, that's what I got when I bought my set.

User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1430
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by G1985 »

Grunkle Sans wrote:Wait, what's the big deal about grey buildings? All of the ones I saw in stores were grey (I have a set with grey buildings)
GFAN198423 wrote:I think they were rare, and somehow, some stores seemed to almost get nothing but while others got none, I think the distribution was very strange. Around me I only ever saw blue, that's what I got when I bought my set.
I was under the impression that the grey buildings were only made for the first production run & orders.
Last edited by G1985 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mechagigan
Futurian
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Mechagigan »

I recall grey being around first, then multicolor. I really doubt the grey versions will be more rare, though, since there's not much of a draw to different colored buildings.

Post Reply