Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11056
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:41 am

gigan72 wrote:The price is in no way more than I expected, as Sideshow Collectibles has ALWAYS been very high-end.

TOO high, for my 'end'... :lol:

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby g2vd » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:09 am

Kaiju no Mura wrote:T-FACTO

Godzilla 2014 resin kit. 31 cm height and 46 cm length. 20 parts. Price 35,000 yen (discount price 31,000 if order before Nov 30th.). Orders being accepted now with release in mid-November 2015.
Image

Image

:D
Godzilla

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4836
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 am

That's a really cool piece, something is going on with the proportions that's throwing it off for me, whole body seems small, arms look big, legs look fat. The overall attitude and fine detail look really nice though.

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby g2vd » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:45 am

GFAN198423 wrote:That's a really cool piece, something is going on with the proportions that's throwing it off for me, whole body seems small, arms look big, legs look fat. The overall attitude and fine detail look really nice though.

Indeed. it seems shrunken like a CGO Marmit Godzilla that tried to turn itself into a statue, the detail and demeanor are all excellent it's just the proportions are really off it is a awesome statue though.

This is what I'm talking about.
Resized Image
Godzilla

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4836
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby GFAN198423 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:51 am

I had that '95 at one point, it was awesome one of my favorite Godzilla's in my whole collection, not 100% suit accurate, but really captured his presence perfectly.

Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby Mr. X » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:26 pm

I bought this little guy a few weeks ago.

Image

The seller simply listed it as "Godzilla 2014", which was decidedly unhelpful. The mold is of the Gashapon figure, I know that much, but that's it.

Image

Unlike the actual Gashapon, it cannot come apart. Doesn't appear to be simply glued together, either, but I don't know. I assume it's a custom, but a really damn good one. Looks professional. It really highlights the excellent sculpt of the Gashapon, which was undermined by how awful the paint is (or rather, how awful lack of paint is).

Can't imagine anyone here would have any additional info on it beyond figuring it's just a neat custom, but it never hurts to check.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby G1985 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Mr. X wrote:I bought this little guy a few weeks ago....Unlike the actual Gashapon, it cannot come apart. Doesn't appear to be simply glued together, either, but I don't know. I assume it's a custom, but a really damn good one. Looks professional. It really highlights the excellent sculpt of the Gashapon, which was undermined by how awful the paint is (or rather, how awful lack of paint is).

I don't know anything about it, but if the seller has any more I'd be interested in picking one up.

User avatar
gigan72
Keizer
Posts: 8359
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:26 pm
Location: Out

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby gigan72 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:50 am

Mr. X wrote:I bought this little guy a few weeks ago.


The seller simply listed it as "Godzilla 2014", which was decidedly unhelpful. The mold is of the Gashapon figure, I know that much, but that's it.


Unlike the actual Gashapon, it cannot come apart. Doesn't appear to be simply glued together, either, but I don't know. I assume it's a custom, but a really damn good one. Looks professional. It really highlights the excellent sculpt of the Gashapon, which was undermined by how awful the paint is (or rather, how awful lack of paint is).

Can't imagine anyone here would have any additional info on it beyond figuring it's just a neat custom, but it never hurts to check.

Gotta say that's rather cool. Another thing for me to be jealous of not getting.

Also, has anybody seen the 12 inch Bandai G14 in stores yet? I haven't heard anything yet.
KaijuFiend wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?

No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that poop again.

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby Mr. X » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:53 pm

G1985 wrote:I don't know anything about it, but if the seller has any more I'd be interested in picking one up.


He only had just the one, unfortunately.

Also, I don't think he was the one to customize it, nothing indicated he even knew it was a custom.

gigan72 wrote:Also, has anybody seen the 12 inch Bandai G14 in stores yet? I haven't heard anything yet.


I keep forgetting that's a thing. Should probably start scoping out some TRU's soon.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4836
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby GFAN198423 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I checked the TRU website and nothing on it yet for the Bandai 12".

Big Bad Toy Store has it in stock though.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

15 available.

User avatar
Superrex
G-Grasper
Posts: 1245
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby Superrex » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:34 pm

I saw the Bandai 12" G14 when I went to Toys R Us last weekend, so they are definitely starting to appear. Ironically, while I've seen the Bandai 12" G14, I still haven't found the 6" G14 yet.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.


"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4836
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby GFAN198423 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:37 pm

My TRU had the 6" for awhile but it's long gone now, the only BC left is the '54, they still have Atomic Roar and City Destruction packs from 2014 kicking around plus NECA figures.

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby g2vd » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:22 pm

That is a extremely well done custom, it really shows what it could have been had they not cheaper out.
Godzilla

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby Kaijunator » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:26 pm

GFAN198423 wrote:My TRU had the 6" for awhile but it's long gone now, the only BC left is the '54, they still have Atomic Roar and City Destruction packs from 2014 kicking around plus NECA figures.

How many '54 figures are left? Won't be surprised if it's a big shelf warmer, as it sucks. S-U-C-K-S, SUCKS. I feel really bad for everyone who bought that piece of crap.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4836
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby GFAN198423 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Not sure, maybe 3 or so, sadly the NECA '54 is warming a peg right now right with it, despite being a far superior figure, I think Godzilla isn't popular with people who shop there.

User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1355
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby G1985 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Kaijunator wrote:How many '54 figures are left?
GFAN198423 wrote:Not sure, maybe 3 or so, sadly the NECA '54 is warming a peg right now right with it, despite being a far superior figure, I think Godzilla isn't popular with people who shop there.

My local TRU must have recently restocked their NECA section, as it had at least three each of the 1994, 1985, Burning, NES, and 1954 figures all the pegs.
I mention it because I missed seeing the 1954 hanging there at first, due to its near-identical packaging and figure coloration. The 1954 may be a collector's favorite, but I fear it will suffer unless NECA does something more to call attention to the different suits, like make the packaging a different color.

User avatar
Starsteam
Keizer
Posts: 8973
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: Over there... no, not there.

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby Starsteam » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:30 am

Kaijunator wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:My TRU had the 6" for awhile but it's long gone now, the only BC left is the '54, they still have Atomic Roar and City Destruction packs from 2014 kicking around plus NECA figures.

How many '54 figures are left? Won't be surprised if it's a big shelf warmer, as it sucks. S-U-C-K-S, SUCKS. I feel really bad for everyone who bought that piece of crap.


I feel bad for you too, dude.


Nice to hear the 12" G14 is popping up in stores. It's a decent figure, if you can handle the price.

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4836
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby GFAN198423 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:00 am

Starsteam wrote:Nice to hear the 12" G14 is popping up in stores. It's a decent figure, if you can handle the price.


Do you have one already or just going by photos?

When I get mine I'm going to give it a detailed paint job, I've never painted a Godzilla before, part of me wants to repaint NECA's 12" tall figure more accurate but I figure the Bandai's a good one to experiment and work out technique with.

User avatar
Kaijunator
Kwaidan
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby Kaijunator » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:53 am

Starsteam wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:My TRU had the 6" for awhile but it's long gone now, the only BC left is the '54, they still have Atomic Roar and City Destruction packs from 2014 kicking around plus NECA figures.

How many '54 figures are left? Won't be surprised if it's a big shelf warmer, as it sucks. S-U-C-K-S, SUCKS. I feel really bad for everyone who bought that piece of crap.


I feel bad for you too, dude.


Nice to hear the 12" G14 is popping up in stores. It's a decent figure, if you can handle the price.

Why? I don't have the figure. I never will. I have NECA's masterpiece.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

User avatar
GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4836
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Postby GFAN198423 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:55 am

Even without NECA's, I'd try to track down the Bandai Japan version or even the first BC version, the newest BC '54 is just an awful representation of that suit.


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests