Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Kaijunator »

gigan72 wrote:
M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:It even comes with a Muto.
Which you can't get outside Japan for less than $300.
Wonder who got confused and bought one $274 thinking it's the Ric (the title even said that it was the Ric boy) when it's actually the standard edition.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Kaijunator wrote:Wonder who got confused and bought one $274 thinking it's the Ric (the title even said that it was the Ric boy) when it's actually the standard edition.
Yes, because there's still some for less than $300-
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... y&_sacat=0
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gigan72 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:Wonder who got confused and bought one $274 thinking it's the Ric (the title even said that it was the Ric boy) when it's actually the standard edition.
Yes, because there's still some for less than $300-
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... y&_sacat=0
Mine came today, and it wasn't the Ric. It was the standard, the wrong one. Will try to see what happened.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Kaijunator wrote:Mine came today, and it wasn't the Ric. It was the standard, the wrong one. Will try to see what happened.
If serious, that really fucking sucks. Hope it gets resolved.
If not, well, the only three I see are $300+ shipped. Outrageous.
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gigan72 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:Mine came today, and it wasn't the Ric. It was the standard, the wrong one. Will try to see what happened.
If serious, that really skreeonking sucks. Hope it gets resolved.
If not, well, the only three I see are $300+ shipped. Outrageous.
I'm serious. No sticker on the box and no MUTO. And thanks man.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Kaijunator wrote:I'm serious. No sticker on the box and no MUTO. And thanks man.
Wow. I would throw quite the rage if that happened to me. I'd whip the sellers ass and then some.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gigan72 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:I'm serious. No sticker on the box and no MUTO. And thanks man.
Wow. I would throw quite the rage if that happened to me. I'd whip the sellers ass and then some.
I was in front of family so I had to hold it in. I would also do the same thing you said.

EDIT: Seller has been messaged and a claim has filed. If he ignores the message, he can't ignore the claim. And the best part is that if he just says "Screw you.", I most likely will get keep the figure AND get my $325 back as eBay will probably side with me as the description said several times "Ric Toy Limited" and that's not what I got.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

Anybody who didn't get the gimmick toys that still wants them, CS Toys has the Smash Strike Godzilla for $4.05 and the Atomic Vomit Ziller for $8.11.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

DesuGojiFan wrote:Anybody who didn't get the gimmick toys that still wants them, CS Toys has the Smash Strike Godzilla for $4.05 and the Atomic Vomit Ziller for $8.11.
I'll try to get them. But first, I have to return my X-Plus G'14 and get the Ric Boy (I was sent the standard by mistake). They might be gone by the time I have money left over for figures.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

DesuGojiFan wrote:Anybody who didn't get the gimmick toys that still wants them, CS Toys has the Smash Strike Godzilla for $4.05 and the Atomic Vomit Ziller for $8.11.
I just tried it out and the shipping estimate was about $50. I think i'm gonna throw up.

DesuGojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by DesuGojiFan »

gigan72 wrote:
I just tried it out and the shipping estimate was about $50. I think i'm gonna throw up.
That makes no sense. I just ordered four figures from them yesterday and my shipping was $12 for EMS.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

gigan72 wrote:
Then the Atomic roar is yours.
Last edited by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Cheapest option is about $46 for me....

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

CSToys can get pricey when it comes to shipping. Big stuff your better off elsewhere, though I primary use them for Bandai (vinyl) Web Shop items since they carry it and whatever else HLJ/AmiAmi/Hobbysearch has on "Backorder/Discontinued". They tend to carry S/O items from time to time for a while which is a god send,

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Can't believe there's still Atomic roar Godzillas on the shelves even though it was one of Bandai's best sellers.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:Can't believe there's still Atomic roar Godzillas on the shelves even though it was one of Bandai's best sellers.
Depends on the store's location and how many in the surrounding area were interested. Doesn't mean the figure wasn't popular overall.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Most major toy companies have made a figure of Godzilla (2014). Which one did you like the most. For me, it's the X-Plus 30cm one. I'm just going to do a short review of this.

Sculpt: The X-Plus 30cm Godzilla (2014) has a superb sculpt. I have seen the film about eight times and this sculpt is just like the film. 10/10.

Detail: X-Plus did a SPECTACULAR job with detail. They got every little scale done right. Heck, they even did indivually sculpted teeth that look great. 10/10

Paint: Once again, X-Plus does an amazing job. The yellow on the chest was on a maquette. 10/10

Size: Godzilla is (All this info is from Kaiju Addicts) 12.75 inches tall at the head, 14.5 at the tail, 8 inches wide from foot to foot, and 17.5 inches long. Godzilla weighs two pounds and four ounces.

Accessories: If you ordered the standard, then none. However, if you ordered the Ric like me and Jomei, you get a male MUTO. The MUTO is sadly out of scale, as he comes up to Godzilla's knee, and the male's height is 60 meters. So he should be up to maybe Goji's waist. Aside from that, the male is sweet. His wingspan is 35cm. However, the male's paint is my biggest gripe. It's not film-accurate. In the film, he's got some white on him. On the X-Plus, only the teeth are white. I also wish the male had two points of articulation in his two front legs. Though the sculpt and detail is film accurate. The MUTO's wings feel rough. 9/10

Final Thoughts: The X-Plus 30cm Godzilla (2014) is a must have. The paint, detail, and sculpt are just amazing. This is one of the largest 30cm Godzillas in the X-Plus line. The Ric Boy exclusive comes with a male MUTO. The paint is NOT film accurate. However, the Godzilla by itself makes me give the figure a perfect score of 10/10.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

Does anyone know when the Godzilla finger puppets are going to be released? I think they were shown at SDCC last year.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:Does anyone know when the Godzilla finger puppets are going to be released? I think they were shown at SDCC last year.
I've only seen it for pre-order on BBTS, so i'm going by what they have listed for it.

They have it listed for August 2015 release, in a case of 20. There are 10 different finger puppets. Again, according to BBTS.
BBTS Link

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Oh wow, I hadven't seen these until now.

They look more like the Chibi style minis Bandai did a while back than figer puppets... example example