Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Underworld54 »

Mr. X wrote:I just obtained the 12" NECA Godzilla 2014... yeah, I'm a bit late with that one. Some of the joints were stuck in awkward positions, but a hairdryer fixed all that. Phenomenal figure, easily my favorite G'14 figure.

Anyways, I have so many G'14 figures now that I decided I'd go the way I did with the 2005 Kong and collect damn-near everything from the movie. So I wanted to double-check with others on what's left for me to get.

http://s26.postimg.org/cvt6pmwjt/337_2829.jpg

(Ignore the fact that this picture was apparently lit by a supernova blast. I've never had a camera with a brighter flash. Goddamn.)

That's what I have at present. The Gashapon set is on its way. Still need to grab the Bandai Japan 6" Godzilla and Male MUTO vinyls (anyone have any recommendations of where I should get those?), and the Bandai Creation 12" Godzilla (though that just came out, probably not going to see it for a while, all my TRU's are slow). Also note, I'm not interested in those "Egg" figures, the Monsterarts variants, or the X-Plus.

Besides all those, are there any other figures I'm missing?
Nice collection X...the 2014 design is my favorite, but I only have a small fraction of what you have...unfortunately.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Mr. X wrote:Besides all those, are there any other figures I'm missing?
You have the Shokugan yet? It's a neat little figure.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Manticore wrote:Oh, man. To this day I still don't like how the Jakks looks. It is a big figure...and that's pretty much its only virtue.
Yeah the body lacks any real detail but the head/face sculpt is really nice though.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Despite it's flaws, of all the 2014 figures, JAKKS is still one of the best, at least if we're talking about depicting the movie design. BC's only good offerings were the vinyls and COD mini figure, the gimmick figures are just ugly.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Despite it's flaws, of all the 2014 figures, JAKKS is still one of the best, at least if we're talking about depicting the movie design. BC's only good offerings were the vinyls and COD mini figure, the gimmick figures are just ugly.
But they're alright in person
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I will say that at least the original 2014 allows you to see the excellent detail in the spikes, that's one of the only things it's better in than Spit-Fire.
Godzilla

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:Despite it's flaws, of all the 2014 figures, JAKKS is still one of the best, at least if we're talking about depicting the movie design. BC's only good offerings were the vinyls and COD mini figure, the gimmick figures are just ugly.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7 ... SY355_.jpg
http://collectiondx.com/files/bangoji5.jpg
But they're alright in person
I agree that they're "alright", but they are the worse-looking G14 toys yet- other than the Light and Sound mini-kit figure.
I thought BC's chibis were good too.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Received the Gashapon set earlier this week... I don't really like it. Both MUTOs refuse to stay in one piece and the female is laughably shrimpy (I can excuse the male with its giant wingspan).

It's sad that some of the Gashapons Bandai released a decade and a half earlier are better than these. They're not terrible but considering the quality of their newer Ultraman releases over the past few years, I expected much better. They cheaped out on this one.
Underworld54 wrote:Nice collection X...the 2014 design is my favorite, but I only have a small fraction of what you have...unfortunately.
Thanks!

There are a lot but only a few that I would consider "must-haves". I would say both NECA's (or at least just the 6" if you don't have the space for the 12"), the Bandai USA vinyl, and maybe a few of the mini figures. The Wizkids MUTOs might be the best MUTOs.
tymon wrote:
Mr. X wrote:Besides all those, are there any other figures I'm missing?
You have the Shokugan yet? It's a neat little figure.
Nope! Wasn't even sure what one you were talking about until I looked it up, I definitely want that one. It's essentially a mini version of the Bandai Japan vinyl.

Damn, there are a lot ore of these things than I thought. Glad I asked!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Starsteam wrote:I agree that they're "alright", but they are the worse-looking G14 toys yet- other than the Light and Sound mini-kit figure.
Did anyone else think it was a bit coincidental that the better-produced G14 figures were the ones that came out later? Almost as if the licensor demanded a coordinated release schedule between the licensees, to protect the sales for those early-release, worse-looking figures (I'm looking right at you, Bandai America). Would anyone have bought those action-feature Bandai America toys, had they come *after* the better-looking-but-similar-priced later NECA figures showed up?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Well the 6" NECA came out about a month after the Bandai stuff, and pretty sure we all had seen it and knew what it would look like by the time Bandai came out, so I don't think there was any master plan.

I think BC felt the rough sales of vinyls was suggestive that they should try gimmick figures first and develop vinyls after.

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Me? I have a ton of G14 March.
Light and Sound figure, Atomic Roar, Chibi figures, Smash Strike, Destruction Packs & City, and of course the DVD.
Can't forget the 12" Head to Tail NECA figure!
Or the T-shirt...
Yeah.' :g2k:
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

You jinxed it. Now it's back at $8.87.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Did Bandai creations ever release their 10 inch 2014 Godzilla?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Starsteam wrote:
You jinxed it. Now it's back at $8.87.
Holy shit. X_X
Mr. Xeno wrote:

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

miguelnuva wrote:Did Bandai creations ever release their 10 inch 2014 Godzilla?
Yeah, last month. Entertainment Earth has it, and I've heard some TRU sightings.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

TRUs I've seen are still full of 10" BC Final Wars Godzilla and Atomic Roar Godzilla, I'm not hopeful of ever seeing it in store.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

TRU's are all randomly stocked from what I was told. Mine has a couple the 12" G14's and the 6" figures. It'll take some time, but eventually you should be able to see it in stores.