Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Legion1979 wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:
I'd have to disagree with this. The 10" Trendmasters Godzilla figures are SUPERB and make the Bandai Creations figure look like crap. Yes, even the 12" ones.
You mean the goofy-looking Rodan, He-Man Godzilla, proportionally awkward Ghidorahs, Ninja Turtle villain Gigan and the Mecahgodzilla that rips off the 10" Bandai DX figure? The only really decent 10" TM figure was the Space Godzilla.
Wow defending Bandai Creations are we? I guess they are the lesser of two evils to you. :lol: I prefer Trendmasters over Bandai Creations, so what? Don't get your jimmies so rustled.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

We all have different things we're looking for in collectibles, and thankfully, with so many companies doing them for this movie, we should all find something we like. First and foremost for me is looking as close to what's on screen as possible. Even as a kid I was bothered when movie toys looked nothing like the movie. In that regard, Bandai America is better than Trendmasters, but when I was a kid, Trendmasters was the first thing I got after the Imperial Godzilla, and despite my nostalgic love for that figure, Trendmasters was a huge upgrade, and then I found Bandai Japan and eventually Kaiyodo and Banpresto.

For this movie, I feel like, based on past products, NECA will probably deliver the best option for my tastes, but I'm not opposed to Bandai if they deliver, I just haven't ever seen anything from Bandai America that could compete with NECA's best. I'm really curious what JAKKS' 30" figure will look like, if they have to make a lot of compromises to make it fit teh pacakging their large figures typically come in or will it be pretty authentic to the movie and a great, large figure.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:
I'd have to disagree with this. The 10" Trendmasters Godzilla figures are SUPERB and make the Bandai Creations figure look like crap. Yes, even the 12" ones.
You mean the goofy-looking Rodan, He-Man Godzilla, proportionally awkward Ghidorahs, Ninja Turtle villain Gigan and the Mecahgodzilla that rips off the 10" Bandai DX figure? The only really decent 10" TM figure was the Space Godzilla.
Wow defending Bandai Creations are we? I guess they are the lesser of two evils to you. :lol: I prefer Trendmasters over Bandai Creations, so what? Don't get your jimmies so rustled.
LOL I don't like BC much either, but at least those LOOK like the monsters they're supposed to represent.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

GFAN198423 wrote:We all have different things we're looking for in collectibles, and thankfully, with so many companies doing them for this movie, we should all find something we like.
Yea well some people's preferences are superior to others. LOL. Anyway, the only 2014 figure I'd be interested in is a SHMA one. If and when that happens, it'll be all I need. Though I wouldn't mind a stuffed toy though.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

No arguing about which lines are better on this thread-- this is about the 2014 merchandise! If you are a fan of the Trendmasters or Bandai Creation figures, that's fine. If you're not, that's fine too. Nobody can do anything to change an opinion. But let's keep this topic clean from that, okay? ;)

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:We all have different things we're looking for in collectibles, and thankfully, with so many companies doing them for this movie, we should all find something we like.
Yea well some people's preferences are superior to others. LOL. Anyway, the only 2014 figure I'd be interested in is a SHMA one. If and when that happens, it'll be all I need. Though I wouldn't mind a stuffed toy though.
SHMA Godzilla 2014 is in the works, there was an interview on this site.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/t ... -2013.html
Mirjahangir: First, would like to thank Tsubasa Utsumi and Tamashii Nations for conducting this exclusive interview with us about the S.H. MonsterArts line of Godzilla figures.

Now, to dive in, there used to be accessories that came with both the S.H. MonsterArts figures and in stand alone packs and that seems to have stopped. Will there be any more released in the future?

Tsubasa Utsumi: There is a cost concern with effect parts that adversely affects the MSRP, we will have to evaluate it for individual releases. We know the American market seems to like the effect parts, we are considering a effect part package that will be compatible across lines, but it needs further evaluation.

Demand for effect parts domestically in Japan does not seem very high currently so it would have to be a Web Exclusive item, but would be available to the American market. But because it would have to be a web exclusive item and thus a smaller production quantity, the msrp for such an item might be too high for consumers. We hope our Godzilla 2014's effect part will be very awesome (if approved).
Mirjahangir: Are there plans to release a Godzilla 2014 figure next year? Will the other monsters in the film get figures made as well?

Utsumi: Oops I answered your question accidentally in previous question. ^^ We are planning, but not yet finalized. Even if no breath in movie we are considering creating own original concept idea that would look cool.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

I have a feeling the JAKKS Godzilla will be VERY HARD to come by
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I'm hoping the JAKKS toy will have a removable tail so that the packaging won't effect it. I hate it when companies curl the tail up in some ridiculous pose just so it can fit in the box.
I'm honestly looking forward to the mini figs from NECA and the destruction packs the most. They serve the same purpose as a larger figure while taking up less space and money. But a 30 inch Godzilla toy, no matter the quality, is rather desirable.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

gatorzilla wrote:I have a feeling the JAKKS Godzilla will be VERY HARD to come by
Isn't that the figure that's going to be really big but also really cheap? I can't imagine it being a very, high-quality toy.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

I want that 30" figure strictly to place him at my door as a GuardKaiju.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

The reason I feel like this one will sell a lot is it's one thing to have a giant toy of a superhero or human but a giant toy of a dinosaur/monster? That WILL be sought after

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

gatorzilla wrote:I have a feeling the JAKKS Godzilla will be VERY HARD to come by
gatorzilla wrote:The reason I feel like this one will sell a lot is it's one thing to have a giant toy of a superhero or human but a giant toy of a dinosaur/monster? That WILL be sought after
I doubt it'll sell out that fast, while most of us see under $30 for a 30 inch figure as a great deal, I'm sure many parents see them as space hogs and don't want to waste the money, plust these figures hardly do anything, they're very static. While that may suit Godzilla better than heroes and sci-fi characters, I still think they don't have as big of an appeal. They must sell well enough since JAKKS keeps making them, but I always see them in stores. Godzilla won't sell out any time soon, especially when parents and kids are more likely to be drawn to Bandai, it's not enough Godzilla's like a dinosaur, they'll want mutos or army vehicles to fight and buildings to smash, Bandai'll fill that need.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

GFAN198423 wrote: I doubt it'll sell out that fast, while most of us see under $30 for a 30 inch figure as a great deal, I'm sure many parents see them as space hogs and don't want to waste the money, plust these figures hardly do anything, they're very static. While that may suit Godzilla better than heroes and sci-fi characters, I still think they don't have as big of an appeal. They must sell well enough since JAKKS keeps making them, but I always see them in stores. Godzilla won't sell out any time soon, especially when parents and kids are more likely to be drawn to Bandai, it's not enough Godzilla's like a dinosaur, they'll want mutos or army vehicles to fight and buildings to smash, Bandai'll fill that need.
It'll be interesting for sure to see how it sells.
I'll probably buy 2 :lol:
I'm very excited for that 12in electronic Godzilla figure Bandai is doing too

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm very curious to see Bandai's offerings, none of what's been listed so far sounds like a vinyl, so what will they be like is a mystery, other than the chibis.

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

This is a question for Chris: When does the embargo for the merchandise officially end?

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

GFAN198423 wrote:I'm very curious to see Bandai's offerings, none of what's been listed so far sounds like a vinyl, so what will they be like is a mystery, other than the chibis.
Yeah that caught my attention as well. I love Bandai's work so i am very excited to see what they are going to have!
But if they are doing more than just vinyl figures for the Movie line then i wonder what that means for the Classics line too?

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Godzilla14 wrote:1:Because there is so many demands for Megalon on :tk:.

2:Muto's like the aggreate form of Destroyah. So why not?
1. Megalon doesn't have anything to do with Godzilla 2014.

2. How are we supposed to know the answer to that question? All we know about MUTO is that it's a white insect creature.
^This post in sexually offensive.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla14 wrote:1:Because there is so many demands for Megalon on :tk:
The only demand I'm seeing for Megalon is you constantly asking about it in every BC thread.
<object>Godzilla14</object> wrote: 2:Muto's like the aggreate form of Destroyah. So why not?
[ citation needed ]

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I'm pretty sure Chris said that the Classic line would continue after the G14 stuff hits... but he also said Little Godzilla should be out in this quarter too. I wish stores would carry the classic stuff with the movie stuff, just to expand them to new buyers.

Sean31
Young Farmer

Post by Sean31 »

Have Bandai said anything about how big the Bite and Thrash and Tail Strike Godzillas will be?