The Diamond Select Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

The Diamond Select Thread

Post by gatorzilla »

Oh my God-zilla.....
http://skreeonk.com/2013/11/15/exclusiv ... ust-banks/
Here’s the info on our first product, and a picture. More banks to come!

Godzilla 1989 Vinyl Bust Bank
A Diamond Select Release! Is he monster, or hero, or both? This 10-inch bank of the city-destroying and alien-fighting lizard called Godzilla is based on his appearance in the 1989 movie Godzilla vs. Biollante! Cast in sturdy vinyl, the bank features a coin slot in his back, as well as an access door in the base. Sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios! (Item #DEC131817, SRP: $23)
Once again this just proves how an American Godzilla film can have such a huge positive effect on the fandom!

My bank account is screwed...
Last edited by gatorzilla on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Re: Diamond Select to Produce Line of Godzilla Vinyl Bust Ba

Post by UnCanny Studios »

But your bank account should be just fine - they'll average at $20-$25 a piece! Thanks for posting the article, hope everyone can get excited about these. Diamond seems very enthusiastic! - enough so to reach out to me multiple times!

Jon
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I'd rather like a figure by Diamond Select then a bust but it's still pretty cool.
^This post in sexually offensive.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:I'd rather like a figure by Diamond Select then a bust but it's still pretty cool.
I believe I put the quote in the article, but some of the sculpts are planned to be full bodied as well - so we should be getting both full figures and busts.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

UnCanny Studios wrote:
Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:I'd rather like a figure by Diamond Select then a bust but it's still pretty cool.
I believe I put the quote in the article, but some of the sculpts are planned to be full bodied as well - so we should be getting both full figures and busts.
That's cool and all, but I would like a real figure. Something with articulation. Not some bank.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:And plans for some actual figures...?
I don't remember reading that but if so, i'm in.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Pretty cool and great sculpt. Would look nice in my bathroom so may just pick it up for a display piece at least.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Looks pretty good, which it should, as it was sculpted by Gentle Giant! And only $23? That's a lot less than what GG's mini-busts go for! I'm intrigued.........

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

The hell are you guys talking about, there are plenty of Godzilla figures out there and more to come next year. Why does everything have to be a articulated figure? I'm happy with some nice merch like this (especially that it's affordable)

edit: $18.40 preorder! http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... IN_1314258

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Someone could use that and make a pretty sweet diorama of Godzilla wading through the ocean. But yea, if they are going to sculpt something that nice looking, why not just finish out the full body?
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Yeah i dont understand the need for this to be a figure when we are about to get a $hit ton of figures and such next year from Bandai, NECA, X-plus etc....

I like having these various collectors pieces like this. I can't wait to see what else is coming out way!
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Agreed - variety is the way to go. The market is full of articulated figures right now, and there are many, many full bodied vinyls available for every Goji suit - so I'm always down for something new and unique like this 8-) .

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Mainly because the Heisei Godzilla has never gotten a very good American sculpt as a figure. All the Bandai, Neca figures that are coming out next year, will probably be sculpted as the Legendary Godzilla (and at least so far from what I have seen, I am not a big fan of his design). I want a good sculpt of Heisei Godzilla by an American company for a reasonable price.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Chris55 wrote:Wasn't Diamond supposed to be flooding the market with Godzilla merch this past summer?
They imported several different Godzilla figures, all expensive and such. Marmit, Monster Heaven, Toho 12" series. I think the Banks are their first original stuff.

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

starsteam wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Wasn't Diamond supposed to be flooding the market with Godzilla merch this past summer?
They imported several different Godzilla figures, all expensive and such. Marmit, Monster Heaven, Toho 12" series. I think the Banks are their first original stuff.
Bingo 8-) . They're responsible for a lot of the t-shirts, pre-orders, and imports we've seen. This is the beginning of their original stuff.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I look forward to see what other stuff they cook up. It'll sell well with the G14 stuff next year, and help introduce new fans caused by the movie to classic characters and such.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

starsteam wrote:Marmit, Monster Heaven, Toho 12" series.
I only remember hearing about a single Monster Heaven figure. :?

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Diamond's 2nd bank has been revealed... same Godzilla, but this time full body, 12" tall, 18" long, and a price of $34.99.

I'm still getting the bust first, but this still looks cool.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like the Lindberg kit?

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Pre-order for the full body 1989 bank http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... UR_1321431