The Diamond Select Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
tycerium
Samurai

Re: The Diamond Select Thread

Post by tycerium »

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

And on that note, slowpoke got his review done :D

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

So are the line of banks that Diamond was producing a dead item? We wont be getting any more?
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I think Diamond's license expired with Toho, they mentioned no more Godzilla stuff a while back. I don't know about the X-Plus stuff though, seems Bandai and Bluefin are bringing them to the USA. Even the stylized sofubi figures appears to be handled by Medicom themselves. Its a mixed bag really.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Here's the breakdown on that;

Diamond Godzilla products: They're done. No more for now.

X-Plus: Diamond has the rights to the 30CM series in North America, Bluefin has the rights to 25CM and whatever Bandai may be reissuing in conjunction with X-Plus

Marmit/Vinyl Wars; No one fuckin' knows. Sometimes figures get brought over here, sometimes not. I know Diamond just canceled a bunch of orders for previously solicited product, like the Roaring (it's not Howling) Burning Godzilla.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Too bad this company's done, for now. I was hoping they'd make more Showa bank characters, like Gigan or Megalon.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Wow! Loving the looks of these upcoming Godzilla dioramas from Diamond Select! :o
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Damn, those look good. Glad to see DS is back in action. Hope we see some new Minimates though. Really need a KG, Anguirus, G2K and Zilla.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

MM Raids Again wrote:Damn, those look good. Glad to see DS is back in action. Hope we see some new Minimates though. Really need a KG, Anguirus, G2K and Zilla.
They aren't doing Minimates, as far as I have seen, but they are doing whatever "Vinimates" are and I think I may have to snag them at some point.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Yea I didn't see anything about more Minimates. They only showed these "Vinimates".

This is the source video that I got the screen captures from.
https://youtu.be/co5-RBH_a8s

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Please tell me those Godzilla and Ghidorah bust statue things interlock! I mean, they have to, right? Look at how ghidorah is posed. It’s just begging to have a godzilla all tangled up in his serpentine necks!

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

canofhumdingers wrote:Please tell me those Godzilla and Ghidorah bust statue things interlock! I mean, they have to, right? Look at how ghidorah is posed. It’s just begging to have a godzilla all tangled up in his serpentine necks!
That is what he implies in the video. He said they would connect together and recreate the poster.

tycerium
Samurai

Post by tycerium »

We interview Diamond Select Toys and see their new Godzilla figures!

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
canofhumdingers wrote:Please tell me those Godzilla and Ghidorah bust statue things interlock! I mean, they have to, right? Look at how ghidorah is posed. It’s just begging to have a godzilla all tangled up in his serpentine necks!
Zach seemed to think that they do, but in person it seemed to me that the bases would get in the way with each other. So I'm going to wait and see. I really hope they do.

Added in 3 minutes 28 seconds:
RandomDeinonychus wrote:They aren't doing Minimates, as far as I have seen, but they are doing whatever "Vinimates" are and I think I may have to snag them at some point.
Vinimates are 4" figures. They have made a number of robot Vinimates that are very nice. I show those in this video:

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

You know, I would be very curious to see how Diamond Select would handle articulated Godzilla figures. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those folks who want NECA to give up the license, but I have Diamond Select's Hakuja and Kaiju Drone figures and they are astonishing. Sure, Hakuja has very limited articulation compared to, say, NECA's Otachi firgure, but it's still great. And they also know how to do swappable hands that easily swap.

I mean, maybe they could do the more obscure kaiju while NECA focuses on Godzilla.

Oh, if only they might be interested in the Gamera license...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The vinimates are coming in August. Wonder when the Goji and Ghiddy statues are coming out?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

I'm totally in for the MechaG vinimate... and the two "bustues"...

Added in 8 days 20 hours 27 minutes 6 seconds:
BBTS has the '91 Godzilla "Gallery Statue" up for pre-order, for September release...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/92785

The King Ghidorah has not yet shown up for pre-order...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Ordered. $62.99 + $4.00 flat rate shipping... :huge:

With all the waves n water base, it's something delightfully different...

Added in 2 months 20 hours 24 minutes 47 seconds:
The Godzilla Gallery King Ghidorah bust/statue is up at BBTS! $62.99 + $4.00 shipping, same as the Goji one. I reserved mine! November...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Some photos of Diamond Select stuff, including statues inspired by the "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II" Ohrai poster -

(sourced)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

That Rodan one is pretty sick.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:That Rodan one is pretty sick.
+1
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!