Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by Anguirus »

Awesome collection DarthKiryu and Gigan05! What are your favorites in your collections?

KaijuZoo
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuZoo »

Hey Ill Green, real nice Crystal Neronga you've got there! ;)
Jonee
KaijuZoo Toys - Where the Monsters Live
http://www.kaijuzoo.com
KaijuZoo Gallery Slideshow
KaijuZoo Moving Sale
Kaijuzoo eBay Auctions
G-Fan "Dealer of the Month" - Summer 2005

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Anguirus wrote:Awesome collection DarthKiryu and Gigan05! What are your favorites in your collections?
Late reply is late ...

Mine would have to be -

SHMA:
Gigan
Biollante
Battra Larva
Gamera

Chogokin:
Kiryu 2002

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Finally figured out how to upload pictures so here's my collection. This is literally every toy that survived my childhood, I've been a collector since the start.

Star Wars and Collector-Aimed Lego
I've always had a fascination with Star Wars, my first action figures ever were the RotS Yoda and Darth Vader. These are really the only ones that survived my childhood, and ones I've bought over the years. I wish I would've grown up with the 70s and 80s with the early stuff, and I've collected a couple of the original figures and playsets. I love collector-aimed Lego sets as they have a certain charm and quality to them. Especially the Lego ideas line, where they pull all the stops and create great sets.

Godzilla Collection
Got a ton of MMS figures for Christmas so I decided to take down my well played with Bandai Creations figures and put them with my more sentimental things in my dresser. All figures at least have their tag, most are tagged, minus FW Anguirus, FW Rodan, FW Gigan, Heisei Ghidorah, and Titanosaurus, I keep their tags on the shelf behind G'54, however (Still trying to get ahold of a tag gun, just too lazy honestly). I started collecting Godzilla stuff in 2012 but living in the US, and being 10 years old, didn't know how to get all the figures I was seeing online, only the ones that would pop up on clearance in Kmart. I had 4 Bandai Japan figures when I was a kid, all being the ones untagged except for Titanosaurus. I got a ton of MMS figures for my birthday after hearing of Shin Godzilla and getting back into the franchise, then I bought some myself, then got a ton of them for Christmas. I also got the MonsterArts on the top shelf for Christmas too.

Doctor Who
I started watching Doctor Who in 2013 when one of my teachers recommended it to me. I instantly fell in love with it and have been watching it since. There really isn't much to collect with Doctor Who other than the 5 inch figure scale and the general "novelty" toys.

My Desk (Video Game Merch)
I decided to fill my desk with a bunch of video game merchandise, mainly Sonic the Hedgehog, as that was my first video game ever and it holds a special place in my heart. I've got a few rarities here and there, like some early Sonic figures by Toy Island, Resaurus, and Tomy, and the Stringy Sonic Plush, Mini Portal Gun, and the FN@F Shadow Freddy plush. The horrifying homemade Sonic haunts my dreams.

Funko Pop Vinyls
/sigh, like it or not, these little figurines are everywhere, and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I decided to pick up a few, as they have some of characters that have never had figures, or some just outright cool ones (Grievous and Venom :P)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
For some odd reason, I grew up watching the same episodes of the original 80s cartoon series on DVD. Back around 2011-2012 I decided to go back and collect some of the older merchandise from the 80s.

Lego (Star Wars and Bionicle)
Lego Star Wars and Bionicle were huge parts of my childhood. I tried to collect every Bionicle from the day I started buying them when I was 5 or 6. Most of them didn't survive, but oddly enough, all the originals did! I have every single set from 2001 to 2003 complete in excellent condition! I didn't even remember buying those sets, I guess we got them on sale from discount stores or something. The black cabinet is filled to the brim with sets, including the full 2015 reboot wave, I'm currently typing this up at about 1:00am and that cabinet makes a loud opening noise so I don't have any pics with it open. :/ (Not pictured: Lego Death Star and Lego Batman Movie Batcave)

My Favorite Shelf (Undertale and Gravity Falls)
The shelf above my keyboard piano is easily my favorite shelf. It houses my favorite items from the game Undertale and from the show Gravity Falls. Both stories made huge impacts on my life and I will never forget them. This is also where I attempt to play songs on the piano, but I'm not very good. Currently trying to learn Feel Good Inc.

Sorry for the very long post, it's a lot of stuff! I'm not sure if I really deserve all this in all honesty, but hey, I'm thankful. I just realized I've been typing this up for an hour, sheesh.
:gigan:

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

KaijuZoo wrote:Hey Ill Green, real nice Crystal Neronga you've got there! ;)
Haha! I just saw this!
Yes, I have him next to the OG VP Neronga in the lab. Thank you getting him for me! 8-)

KaijuZoo
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuZoo »

ILL GREEN wrote:
KaijuZoo wrote:Hey Ill Green, real nice Crystal Neronga you've got there! ;)
Haha! I just saw this!
Yes, I have him next to the OG VP Neronga in the lab. Thank you getting him for me! 8-)
Yer welcome, happy new year to all!
Jonee
KaijuZoo Toys - Where the Monsters Live
http://www.kaijuzoo.com
KaijuZoo Gallery Slideshow
KaijuZoo Moving Sale
Kaijuzoo eBay Auctions
G-Fan "Dealer of the Month" - Summer 2005

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Have a good one Jonee!!

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Spent all evening putting them back in place. New wardrobe basically.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Yes, that is Mothra in between Shodai Godzilla and 1984 Godzilla. The little bugger blends in too well :D

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Got some new shelves!!!
Image Image

The Kongfather
Yojimbo

Post by The Kongfather »

Haven't been collecting long, but it's grown exponentially the last few months.

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

Time for an update.

I moved to a new location, got a bunch of new figure and bought a third shelf to display more stuff.
All my previous photos where also hosted on Photobucket so ..................

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

I can't make out the writing on the box for that Alien 3 figure (other than Dog Alien). What is it exactly?
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

It's the ARTFX Dog Alien from the 3rd movie. (from Kotobukia)
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10391058

The figure is on the top of my subwoofer.
A bit small but very well sculpted and superb paint job, with no articulation.
Here, an older photo of this bad Dog Alien :

Last edited by Steph3dfx on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

I meant what's the specific brand and figure name, i.e. the H.C.HalcyonArts Web Exclusive Alien3 Dog Alien Special Blood And Rust Color Edition by RePaint Nations?
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This thread needs a good bump. So here's two random images of my collection.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

That’s an amazing collection! I’m going to need to share mine here someday.