Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Man, its so depressing seeing a room emptied like that. But I'm sure the next set up will be even grander.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

My full nerd room right now. Yeah it's a mess I know. Not quite enough room to display everything.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ClumsySpaceMonster
Young Farmer

Post by ClumsySpaceMonster »

Here's what I currently have on display.

Last edited by ClumsySpaceMonster on Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:My full nerd room right now. Yeah it's a mess I know. Not quite enough room to display everything.

I'll take the gigantic shin off your hands to free up some space for you. Very cool.

Added in 2 minutes 14 seconds:
ClumsySpaceMonster wrote:Here's what I currently have on display.

That looks great. Love the lighting and museum like presentation cards.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The crown of my collection? I don't think so! :P
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Not everything as I still have some in storage, but I managed to consolidate all the figures in the apartment.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Found this really cool glass/metal entertainment shelf thing that someone was throwing out today. Finally gave me the spot to put all my non kaiju shogun warriors and better display some of my other things.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

This isn't all of my collection, I have some NECAs, some 98 babies, some imperial/dormei stuff and some Jakks. But this is my Bandai collection! (also featuring the Playmates 05 Kong and the Trendmasters 98 Godzilla, just bc it felt right)

I'm really proud of this! I just put the shelves up today. I'd always wanted a Godzilla collection as a kid, but until the newer Movie Monsters line, you just couldn't get any in my country apart from second-hand collector's stuff and the 1998 stuff. But now I have almost a complete (current series) Movie Monsters collection (excluding variants and exclusives *stares longingly at Shin Ghidorah and Frozen Shin*) and I feel like a hole within me is being filled!

Sidenote- Yeah, those are Skylanders and Scooby Doo posters, lol. I still actually like Scooby Doo, but those posters have been there for a decade or more for my younger sister, before the room became mine. Just didn't feel right to take them down- they're her legacy to this room! :mrgreen:

Sidenote 2- They're all in rough chronological order apart from Shin, because I felt he needed his own space.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Besides being a very cool setup (I particularly like the chronological order aspect), this was a very important post for me. I've been eyeing that Mecha-Ghidorah for like a year, but in a review video I watched a while back, the heads were terrible, didn't look anything like the picture on Amazon, so I've been passing... but here your figure looks perfectly great, so clearly I was watching a review of the wrong figure or something. I'll be getting one of my own ASAP, so thanks! :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Most, if not all of my bandai vinyls are stored away for safekeeping, those are like my childhood so i want them as protected as possible. This is an updated look at my Kaiju shelves, if any of you guys would like to see a closer look at any part of the shelves, do let me know!!

(custom methuselah not yet painted)

(KOTM walmart Godzilla sitting in place of the NECA 24 inch i have arriving soon)
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

What's the depth on your shelves? I've been meaning to make some for my figures but can never figure out how deep I want them to be.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote:What's the depth on your shelves? I've been meaning to make some for my figures but can never figure out how deep I want them to be.
Mine are about 8-10 inches depending on the shelf, as long as you take their tails into consideration you should be good. The MV shelf is exactly ten inches, which i'd say is the ideal depth for a kaiju shelf. That way you have some wiggle room to keep some figures behind others.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Here is a link to the latest pictures of my collection. Most of my figures are included in these pictures with the exception of my 2019 Monsterarts Godzilla and NECA Rodan, which I have displayed in my apartment down in Philly. I reorganized my shelves back home a few months ago and I think it is the most dynamic display I've come up with for my figures ever. As you can see though, my shelves are pretty much at capacity and there is not much more room for newer figures to come in, so I've had to rotate some old figures out (BC GMK Godzilla and FW Anguirus).

https://imgur.com/gallery/rVK00vh

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

*sigh.........*

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Post by Sachiel »

canofhumdingers wrote:*sigh.........*

Your moving?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Already moved. (Pics of the dismantlement/packing up of my previous display are earlier in this thread)

That’s a pic of my collection in its current state. I had grand plans of doing a full renovation of the basement in our new place that would include a home theater and a dedicated display area/room.

Unfortunately the fallout of Covid-19 looks like there’s about to be big layoffs and pay cuts at work so those plans are on indefinite hold.

smotemotem
Young Farmer

Post by smotemotem »

Hey gang! First post here. I collect soft vinyl toys (mostly Toho, and mostly repros of the old 60's & 70's sculpts). Here's my current collection. Hoping to add one or two more monsters before the end of the year.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all, and sharing the love of giant monsters!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

smotemotem wrote:Image

Hey gang! First post here. I collect soft vinyl toys (mostly Toho, and mostly repros of the old 60's & 70's sculpts). Here's my current collection. Hoping to add one or two more monsters before the end of the year.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all, and sharing the love of giant monsters!
Welcome! Seems like a nice collection, the larval Mothras are adorable.

Tytyvyllvs
Yojimbo

Post by Tytyvyllvs »

Here's the current state of my kaiju shelves (sans the Pacific Rim shelf I forgot to take a picture of). The KotM Deforeal display will be complete when the RIC Burning Godzilla is released, and I'm only missing Shin from my MonsterArts wishlist now! The X-Plus 25cm KotM line-up will be my next focus...

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Tytyvyllvs wrote:[Here's the current state of my kaiju shelves (sans the Pacific Rim shelf I forgot to take a picture of). The KotM Deforeal display will be complete when the RIC Burning Godzilla is released, and I'm only missing Shin from my MonsterArts wishlist now! The X-Plus 25cm KotM line-up will be my next focus...
Very nice!!
Resized Image