Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by MoK 13 »

Stump Feet wrote:Image

I’m a little embarrassed to post this because my collection is so basic and lacking, like it really sucks but whatever :lol:

If anyone wants to donate a Mogera or Gezora, I’d be more than happy to accept it lmao
Hey Brother, we all started somewhere with our collections. When I was a kid I wanted a big collection like I saw in the magazines. Seeing Forest Ackerman’s house and Bradbury’s I was in awe. Now I have a storage space full of statues, toys, and other CRAP that I need to sit down go through and sell off. Don’t be worried about what others have. You do what you like. I like your collection. It is varied and Portable. When you have to get a storage space that’s a problem.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Thanks for the encouraging comment, I’m just so underwhelmed when I look at them, like there’s so much missing, just no variety or something.

Other kaiju are just so expensive, I need help :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Stump Feet wrote:Thanks for the encouraging comment, I’m just so underwhelmed when I look at them, like there’s so much missing, just no variety or something.

Get a job you bum.

Or apply for the Figure program. A government assistance program where you get money once a month to cover your toy expenses.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I gotta job, I also have a wife who'll beat me to death in my sleep if she catches me spending more than $30 on a vinyl :lol:
Long Live The Sting

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I hear ya........my wife is a kill joy too. Let's leave them and go on a Godzilla toy figure spree.
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

goji89 wrote:I hear ya........my wife is a kill joy too. Let's leave them and go on a Godzilla toy figure spree.
So which one is going to sleep with Brad Pitt?

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MoK 13 wrote:
goji89 wrote:I hear ya........my wife is a kill joy too. Let's leave them and go on a Godzilla toy figure spree.
So which one is going to sleep with Brad Pitt?
Uh.....duh.

ME!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Maybe you two can cuddle and watch War Of The Gargantuas together since it's his favorite too
Long Live The Sting

Gothra
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gothra »

Right now I only have my monsterarts and singular x-plus and revoltech figures displayed. I have some trendmasters and bandai stuff from when I was a kid and a couple of NECA figures (that I don't particularly like) but I don't have the space to display them. Haven't been collecting since I got my Shin, but KotM has changed that, very excited for Ghidorah.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Very nice collection there......

Wish I had gotten that Revoltech Rodan when I could.

Gothra
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gothra »

goji89 wrote:Very nice collection there......

Wish I had gotten that Revoltech Rodan when I could.
Thank you! The Revoltech Rodan is one of my favorites, if you ever see a deal snag it for sure. Really wish I'd gotten the Mothra when it was still reasonably priced, sometimes I consider it but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger at what she goes for now.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Stump Feet wrote:
I was operating under this assumption for years, too, but then a few weeks ago I realized that Amazon actually has a decent lineup of Bandai vinyls available for mostly under $30. I picked up Showa Gigan, Heisei MOGUERA, and Ultra 500 original Ultraman so far, and I'm planning to get several more.

On a related note, I should probably post new pictures of my own collection at some point. It's grown a lot in the last few years. Not the kaiju section, so much, although that's in the process of quickly changing. I've been able to fit all but the GINOs on one small shelf up until now, but I finally got around to axing my old MLP collection (gave 'em to a little girl that needs them more than I do) and the kaiju will be taking over that shelf, too.

It's the frigging Mattel JW stuff that's taking up the space. I'm looking at having my dinosaurs sprawl onto a table, now, because my shelf space isn't cutting it anymore. :lol:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Figured, I would post up a quick pic of my misc retro childhood toys area in the room. After the August release of the xplus ric Hong Kong landing Godzilla it should be it for a while until the shma rodan/mothra comes out so i will take all the pics then.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I love your collection set up, I’m real jealous :lol:

Really love seeing all those vintage toys though, I recall seeing a lot of those brand new in stores as a kid. Neat blast from the past for sure!
Long Live The Sting

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Stump Feet wrote:I love your collection set up, I’m real jealous :lol:

Really love seeing all those vintage toys though, I recall seeing a lot of those brand new in stores as a kid. Neat blast from the past for sure!
Thank you...I love getting those vintage toys I had. It certainly keeps the collection varied. Seems like just yesterday when you see and handle them again for the 1st time 40 years later.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Updating here due to the last two months of collecting.
New Gabara & Uni Eva vs. G KG.
New 64 , Minya, BIG ASS MOTHRA, 6” Biollante.
New 62 Defo, CCP GMK, GMK Coin.
New 64 Defo, Uni Eva vs. G Shin.
New 86 Billiken 68 Goji.
And the rest of the collection is still in storage.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MoK 13 wrote:Updating here ......
Very Nice MoK...Is that a biliken'62 next to your gigantic GMK?....now take the rest out of storage!! :)
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
Very Nice MoK...Is that a biliken'62 next to your gigantic GMK?....now take the rest out of storage!! :)
That is a ‘62 Billiken. I got that one form the same dealer the I just picked up the ‘68 from. They also had a ‘74 MechaG, but it was not in the best shape for what they were asking.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MoK 13 wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
That is a ‘62 Billiken. I got that one form the same dealer the I just picked up the ‘68 from. They also had a ‘74 MechaG, but it was not in the best shape for what they were asking.
I have that West Kenji deform '62 as well. Great little piece. Dont see them that much.
Resized Image

Tytyvyllvs
Yojimbo

Post by Tytyvyllvs »

Recently managed to get all my kaiju figures in one place! Looking forward to growing my Monsterarts Godzilla collection further and to start making headway on my King of the Monsters focus collection.

Last edited by Tytyvyllvs on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.