Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ultra 500, Ultra X & Ultra Orb Figure Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm considering buying Skull Gomora. It looks really cool, but I don't like how it's way bigger than the other figures. TBH I have a problem with the figures not lining up in size.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I'm considering buying Skull Gomora. It looks really cool, but I don't like how it's way bigger than the other figures. TBH I have a problem with the figures not lining up in size.
DX line for the win.

Honestly, i'd rather take the DX->500 scaling instead of 500->500 scaling. Most Ultra figures in the line STILL tower over the kaiju in the line, and the bigger DX figures help level it out - sometimes. There are exceptions where the DX figure is overly gigantic for no reason.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SpaceG92 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I'm considering buying Skull Gomora. It looks really cool, but I don't like how it's way bigger than the other figures. TBH I have a problem with the figures not lining up in size.
DX line for the win.

Honestly, i'd rather take the DX->500 scaling instead of 500->500 scaling. Most Ultra figures in the line STILL tower over the kaiju in the line, and the bigger DX figures help level it out - sometimes. There are exceptions where the DX figure is overly gigantic for no reason.
"I AM GALACTRON! HEAR ME ROAR!"

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

SpaceG92 wrote:
DX line for the win.

I agree that the scaling is ridiculous, especially when you compare the Ultras to the kaiju. A lot of it makes no sense.

However, I prefer having like 80 or so small figures, of each individual kaiju and alien rather than 15 or so larger figures, especially cause space is a concern of mine.

To be clear, I'm not saying the DX line is bad at all, I just wish they had smaller counterparts. That way I could have 6 inch figures of monsters like Skull Gomora to be uniform.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

ultramanzero wrote:Hello just wondering , i know this figure is old , but is anyone selling
BANDAI Ultra Hero 500 & Ultra Kaiju DX / Gashapon Ultraman Tiga light and darkness of the final battle set
I'm currently looking for that ,anyone know where to buy or willing to sell this figure ?
Thanks before
That set is awesomely nuts. I have it and love the giant Gatanozoa figure to death. Hence the high MSRP & only like 15 days long order window it is very likely very rare and I've seen it only a hanfdul of times for sale since it came out. Yahoo! Japan Auctions + middleman might be your best bet. But expect mega bucks to be spend.
Size DOES matter!

ultramanzero
Young Farmer

Post by ultramanzero »

Petezilla wrote:
ultramanzero wrote:Hello just wondering , i know this figure is old , but is anyone selling
BANDAI Ultra Hero 500 & Ultra Kaiju DX / Gashapon Ultraman Tiga light and darkness of the final battle set
I'm currently looking for that ,anyone know where to buy or willing to sell this figure ?
Thanks before
That set is awesomely nuts. I have it and love the giant Gatanozoa figure to death. Hence the high MSRP & only like 15 days long order window it is very likely very rare and I've seen it only a hanfdul of times for sale since it came out. Yahoo! Japan Auctions + middleman might be your best bet. But expect mega bucks to be spend.

Thanks for the info dude , hmm.. it seems its really hard to find this , i have go to mandrake , but find nothing , all sold out.... dang... must be nice to have thiss set , anyone else have info ? Still try to find this figure ...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It was an extremely limited and pricey set, so if you can't find it on Yahoo! Japan or Mandarake, you're probably SOL for now.

ultramanzero
Young Farmer

Post by ultramanzero »

UltramanGoji wrote:It was an extremely limited and pricey set, so if you can't find it on Yahoo! Japan or Mandarake, you're probably SOL for now.
What is SOL mean ? Hmm... didnt search it in yahoo japan tho.. because i cant read japan's word
Last edited by ultramanzero on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Yeah, the DX line is just fantastic in my opinion and so is Skull Gomora. I have the figure and the detail is great. Paint is okay, but again, the detail is just so great. I don't care about collecting the Ultras, so I just buy the DX line since they match with my Godzilla figures.
Long Live The King

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

ultramanzero wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:It was an extremely limited and pricey set, so if you can't find it on Yahoo! Japan or Mandarake, you're probably SOL for now.
What is SOL mean ? Hmm... didnt search it in yahoo japan tho.. because i cant read japan's word
Use Buyee or another forwarding/middleman for Japan auction sites.

SOL = Shit out of luck

For mandy - be sure your searching in glorious Nippon moon runes to yield more results.

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Is eBay the best place to pick up a Skull Gomora or is there another option?
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

ultramanzero wrote:
Petezilla wrote: That set is awesomely nuts. I have it and love the giant Gatanozoa figure to death. Hence the high MSRP & only like 15 days long order window it is very likely very rare and I've seen it only a hanfdul of times for sale since it came out. Yahoo! Japan Auctions + middleman might be your best bet. But expect mega bucks to be spend.

Thanks for the info dude , hmm.. it seems its really hard to find this , i have go to mandrake , but find nothing , all sold out.... dang... must be nice to have thiss set , anyone else have info ? Still try to find this figure ...

1. Order window was just shy of a month, so... eh.

2. Zero, you're going to have to try Mandarake, AmiAmi's preowned section, Yahoo Japan auctions. There's literally nothing else you can do. It's gonna be a pretty penny. You ask about this on my video, too?

Got Skull Gomora and Thunder Killer. Not bad, if you're used to recent DX kaiju stuff you know just about what to expect, but it seems like a step down a bit still. Maybe like 5% down.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Okay, I'm gonna cave and buy Skull Gomora. Right now I'm also hunting Akumania which seems to be really rare. I've found shops with basically 25 varieties of figures. Yes they've even had placeholder cards for him. So far I've seen like five stores that should have him, but don't. One store finally did have him, but it looked wrecked thanks to some small child so I couldn't buy it.

Edit: got Skull Gomora. Starting to get legitimately scared if I can pack everything nicely to bring back, whoops. I also got a special edition Geed primaries and Thunder Breaker Ultraman 500 one. The Geed is pink and the other is yellow.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Ok so Ultraman Orb had 10/11 UMDX toys, what do you think, could Geed have more in the end? So far there are already 6 DX toys known. I can't remember how long it took till we know every Orb DX kaiju till Galaktron.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dramorg wrote:Ok so Ultraman Orb had 10/11 UMDX toys, what do you think, could Geed have more in the end? So far there are already 6 DX toys known. I can't remember how long it took till we know every Orb DX kaiju till Galaktron.
They went all the way to Maga orochi first and then after that reveal they showed a silhouette for Magatano Orochi via a TV ad. Not too long. I think we have all the ones shown off.

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Just got my Cyber Gomora and Skull Gomora. Cyber looks great, awesome paint job and sculpt. Was hoping for something bigger but I still love it. Now Skull is huge by comparison and is an excellent sculpt. The front paint is great but it's back seems a little rushed.

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I really wish Cyber Gomora had gotten an EX 6 inch figure

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Godzillian wrote:I really wish Cyber Gomora had gotten an EX 6 inch figure
Yes! Where do I submit my request? :)

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

You know what would be great?
A Legend Ultra Hero Series similar to the Legend Rider History Series.
We need 6" vinyls of Ginga, Victory, X, Orb and Geed.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Dramorg wrote:We need 6" vinyls of Ginga, Victory, X, Orb and Geed.
This is the truest statement since BANDAI scrapped the 6“ Ultra Hero vinyls in 2013.
Size DOES matter!