Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Ultra 500, Ultra X & Ultra Orb Figure Thread

Post by Petezilla »

^ Ginga & Victory are up pre-order for like a month now on various sites. No word on Ultraman X and Five King yet.
Size DOES matter!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Petezilla wrote:^ Ginga & Victory are up pre-order for like a month now on various sites. No word on Ultraman X and Five King yet.
Not that impressed since the Ginga shows paint slop over the eyes. I;m actually very disappointed about that.

Inb4 Five King gets announced as a Web Exclusive (calling it now)

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I finally managed to unpack a shipment of recent BANDAI Ultra Hero & Monster Series figures, which sat around unopened for too long already. And I have to say, maaan... the DX Gilbaris figure really has a seriously flat and undetailed sculpt. DX Five King Level of flat. They've done so many other figures in the vinyl line which are way smaller and way cheaper, but way more detailed at the same time. The character is cool but I don't like the figure. And I usually love all my Ultra vinyls. Really disappointed by this release.

Added in 21 hours 57 minutes 27 seconds:
Found this article including Sofvi Spirits Five King. Looks grand. Can't translate. Anyone...?

Size DOES matter!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

New kaiju vinyls!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Godzillian wrote:Image

New kaiju vinyls!
#91 Looks VERY familiar to another kaiju. MM would know, but off the top of my head I can't remember.

#92 non-DX Gorgon

#93 Phoenix Basa? :P That's what im calling it.

#94 Is that a fricken Chaosroid?

#95 Edgy redesign of Micas???

Added in 6 minutes 45 seconds:
Translated - Ultraman Orb Dark

NA-NI!?
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Image

New kaiju vinyls!
#91 Looks VERY familiar to another kaiju. MM would know, but off the top of my head I can't remember.

#92 non-DX Gorgon

#93 Phoenix Basa? :P That's what im calling it.

#94 Is that a fricken Chaosroid?

#95 Edgy redesign of Micas???

Added in 6 minutes 45 seconds:
Translated - Ultraman Orb Dark

NA-NI!?
#91 reminds me A LOT of Monsarger from Dyna. Its not him, but the design is close. And I am LOVING that new Bassa and Orb Dark.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

It's only a matter of time until "Bull" and "Rosso" are revealed as vinyls (they're in quotations because I don't know if those translations are 100% accurate at all).

They're... interesting, to say the least. I'll be nice until I see what they're all about.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Pics of said “Bull“ & “Rosso“...?
If these are main baddies they'll likely be (out of scale) DX figures.
Size DOES matter!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The correct translation is Blu and Rosso. It's the name of the main Ultras.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

I'm hoping for DX kaijus in the future but looking at what we know so far, I fear this series won't have any. Or (like Ginga) 1-2 only :/
Last edited by Dyrakro on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Instant buy for me

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Godzillian wrote:https://i.imgur.com/B7At5lm.jpg

Instant buy for me
Is this even an Ultra 500 figure?

OT: Did a tally of how much im behind.
~390 usd.

Ouch

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

The heck is Hanuman?

Anyway, question, how well do the Ultra 500 monsters fit in with the Figuarts? I noticed they've got a few Ultra Seven aliens in this line, like the Dinosaur Tank, Icarus, and Godora and was thinking maybe I should pick them up to act as place holders until a Figuarts version is released (IF released).

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:The heck is Hanuman?
Oh, you have much to learn...
Kaiju no Kami wrote:Anyway, question, how well do the Ultra 500 monsters fit in with the Figuarts? I noticed they've got a few Ultra Seven aliens in this line, like the Dinosaur Tank, Icarus, and Godora and was thinking maybe I should pick them up to act as place holders until a Figuarts version is released (IF released).
The only Figuart I have is the Dan, but I think if you just want some of those characters, they'll fit in alright, if maybe a bit on the short side. Alternatively, you could seek out the 6'' versions. The only one I think is too small is Dinosaur Tank. Definitely get the 6'' scale one to go with Figuarts.
EDIT: Here's a pic. A little on the short side, but its your call. Dino Tank is small even for Spark Dolls.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MaxRebo320 wrote:The only Figuart I have is the Dan, but I think if you just want some of those characters, they'll fit in alright, if maybe a bit on the short side. Alternatively, you could seek out the 6'' versions. The only one I think is too small is Dinosaur Tank. Definitely get the 6'' scale one to go with Figuarts.
EDIT: Here's a pic. A little on the short side, but its your call. Dino Tank is small even for Spark Dolls.
Wow, oh wow. Those are definitely a lot smaller than I thought they would be. I mean, I have Akumania, and I knew he was short, but he wasn't as tall as other monsters in the show either, so I was hoping that is what it was.

BTW, I can't help but laugh at the way you have Dan positioned. There's nothing wrong with your figure, but your angle with the gold screw makes him look like he is wearing an earring like he did in Kamen Rider Blade.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:BTW, I can't help but laugh at the way you have Dan positioned. There's nothing wrong with your figure, but your angle with the gold screw makes him look like he is wearing an earring like he did in Kamen Rider Blade.
Heh, that's apart of the socket. But if yeah, they're fairly short and may not go too well with Figuarts. But if there are any others you are curious about, lemme know. In the meantime, watch Hanuman vs. 7 Ultraman...
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MaxRebo320 wrote: But if there are any others you are curious about, lemme know. In the meantime, watch Hanuman vs. 7 Ultraman...
Well I guess, do you have any other Ultra Seven monster vinyls that you could take a picture of with Dan there? I'm just trying to figure out if I want to buy a few vinyls that aren't likely to become Figuarts any time soon, if at all.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

is it sad that I really do want a Hanuman vinyl?

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

I want me som Hanuman vinyl too! Hope we'll get a 500 Hanuman at least. Anything that doesn't set me back hundreds of dollars would be fine.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

With me, the more obscure, the better! Hanuman is certainly a welcome addition in my eyes.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)