Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Re: Ultra 500 Line Thread

Post by godzilla898 »

StriderSubzero wrote:I was going to get a Red King from Amiami, but I've never heard of the website and I don't see how it could be so cheap. Also, when I went to place the order it said "Shipping cost: To be determined." What's that all about? I don't want to order something without knowing how much they are going to charge me...
They're a Japanese site, so whatever you order needs to be shipped to you. Amiami doesn't determine shipping charges until they have the item in-hand and weigh/measure it.
While you are charged separately for shipping, it's usually quite reasonable. Different methods of shipping are available, each with their own cost and delivery time. SAL is the cheapest, but has no insurance or tracking number and can be quite slow, especially in busy times. RSAL is slightly more expensive but has insurance and tracking number. EMS is blazingly fast, almost always getting packages to you in under a week! However, it's quite expensive.
Some sites have different options. Some have shipping options like FedEx and DHS, while others don't have RSAL or SAL. It varies from site to site.

As an example of cost, shipping an Ultra-Act is (approximately) $7 for SAL, $10 for RSAL, and $20 for EMS. Choose wisely!
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

StriderSubzero
Monsterland Worker

Post by StriderSubzero »

godzilla898 wrote:They're a Japanese site, so whatever you order needs to be shipped to you. Amiami doesn't determine shipping charges until they have the item in-hand and weigh/measure it.
While you are charged separately for shipping, it's usually quite reasonable. Different methods of shipping are available, each with their own cost and delivery time. SAL is the cheapest, but has no insurance or tracking number and can be quite slow, especially in busy times. RSAL is slightly more expensive but has insurance and tracking number. EMS is blazingly fast, almost always getting packages to you in under a week! However, it's quite expensive.
Some sites have different options. Some have shipping options like FedEx and DHS, while others don't have RSAL or SAL. It varies from site to site.

As an example of cost, shipping an Ultra-Act is (approximately) $7 for SAL, $10 for RSAL, and $20 for EMS. Choose wisely!
Cool, thank you for that information. Roughly $7 is not bad at all for foreign shipping. I couldn't figure out what the price scales were, either. I had left EMS shipping selected because it was the default—I'm glad I didn't place the order!

U-Tom
Monarch Researcher

Post by U-Tom »

Woah cool Grand King! :shock: So he's going to be about 6 1/2 inches or so?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

BudmaVampiricKaiju wrote:Woah cool Grand King! :shock: So he's going to be about 6 1/2 inches or so?
Look at the pic: it reads '155mm'. Rest is math... ;)
Size DOES matter!

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

I've ordered the second wave of these figures; if they are as good as the first wave, I'll have quite a bit of confidence in this line. Bandai is producing high-quality figures of a huge range of characters at a low price point.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Yes, you could. It is pretty cool.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

UltraXYZ wrote:
Mr. X wrote:EXCLUSIVES!

Ultraman Zero Strong Corona mode and Ultraman Zero Luna Miracle mode. Release: July 26th. 525 yen each.

(Source)

How can I purchase Ultraman Zero Strong Corona mode seen in the source Mr. X posted? I live in the U.S.

Thank you for all the information provided by this thread.

This is my first Toho Kingdom post!
Honestly, I have no clue. But checking Ebay in the future wouldn't hurt; you can find the Taro exclusive there, so it's possible the other will show up eventually.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRAMAN-GINGA- ... 4ac6f64aa7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultraman-Ginga- ... 1e7d93e64a
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

How big are these guys compared to the old Ultra Monster series?

Was thinking about picking up Ragon or Zaragas since they're all over eBay.

UltraXYZ
Ronin

Post by UltraXYZ »

Mr. X wrote:
UltraXYZ wrote:
Mr. X wrote:EXCLUSIVES!
Ultraman Zero Strong Corona mode and Ultraman Zero Luna Miracle mode. Release: July 26th. 525 yen each.
(Source)
How can I purchase Ultraman Zero Strong Corona mode seen in the source Mr. X posted? I live in the U.S.
Honestly, I have no clue. But checking Ebay in the future wouldn't hurt; you can find the Taro exclusive there, so it's possible the other will show up eventually.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRAMAN-GINGA- ... 4ac6f64aa7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultraman-Ginga- ... 1e7d93e64a

Thank you for your reply, Mr. X, pointing me in the direction of where to start looking.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:How big are these guys compared to the old Ultra Monster series?

Was thinking about picking up Ragon or Zaragas since they're all over eBay.
From a couple pages back:

That help?
Yes, a ton.

Thank you!

UltraXYZ
Ronin

Post by UltraXYZ »

Last month, I placed a preorder for the first time at hlj.com for the monsters in Wave 2 (the August releases). I did not receive a shipment notice yet. Did anyone who placed a preorder at hlj.com on the August releases receive a notice of shipment?

Thank you for the helpful answers for Ultraman fans to learn about shopping through amiami.com and hlj.com.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

^In my experience this is true, though I have good reports of both services.

Anyway, the second wave arrived today. I have yet to examine them individually in detail, but so far they live up to the first wave. Just from a cursory examination, Golza and Red King look particularly nice.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ Really? I think Golza is one of the weakest ones from the entire 500 line so far, both sculpt- & paint-wise.
Size DOES matter!

day_flyte
GPN Volunteer

Post by day_flyte »

I hope Fire Golza looks good. The only alternative for a figure of that costume is from a rare boxset, right?

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Petezilla wrote:^ Really? I think Golza is one of the weakest ones from the entire 500 line so far, both sculpt- & paint-wise.
I have to disagree; while the 'bumps' on Golza's body remain unpainted (it's common to skip small paint steps like that for less expensive figures), the rest of the body features a variety of colours and even some subtle shading around the chest. The head looks great, with painted pupils, clean application, and spot-on colours with the actual suit. The sculpt, too, is well defined and surprisingly detailed for a figure of this size. In my opinion, it's a considerable improvement over the 6 inch version, but your mileage may vary.

All of the figures look quite nice, but I think the overall winner among the kaiju is Red King; he has a simple but flawless paint job that really accentuates the sculpt.

U-Tom
Monarch Researcher

Post by U-Tom »

I have to agree that Golza doesn't look that appealing but I can understand wanting a fire golza at least since it's almost impossible to find. I have a review of that Fire Golza on youtube if you want to see and compare with the new golza figures. lol

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I don't think that language is really acceptable to describe the figure when the only pictures out are grainy and of the prototypes. I think they look pretty good and will probably look better when released, as Legion pointed out. I'd give them a chance; the figures already released are beyond fantastic so I don't think these will let anyone down.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Have we seen any prototypes that look drastically different from the final product yet?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

day_flyte
GPN Volunteer

Post by day_flyte »

Except for the color choice being bizarre, that Galberos still doesn't look worse than the Ultra Monsters EX one. And anyway, the black looks more interesting than the weird pink the EX one had.

Shōbijin
GPN Volunteer

Post by Shōbijin »

Groupshot